1 20 21 22 23 24 Previous Next 237 Replies Latest reply: Mar 21, 2014 1:24 PM by trialstardragon Go to original post RSS
      • 210. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

Wow, you're really going to say they don't care at all? Not even a bit? Because it's not like they've guaranteed at least 4 map packs, and want people to buy them in the future.

Want an example of a company not doing enough to fix the basic problems and having a game flop? Gears of War: Judgment. The game at a total has around 3000 at most online at any given point. Judgment will only JUST NOW be one year old in a few days. Gears of War 3 still has that as a minimum in TDM, and the game is 3 years old+. I've seen sooooooo many people break their discs and say they won't buy another Epic game because of how screwed over they felt.

Really think Activision doesn't care about threats at all, just because they already have SOME of the money they could be making? Really? REALLLLLY? People are already sitting there saying Call of Duty is just "more of the same," and when they won't even admit to a problem or try to fix it, what's to make people want to get their games in the future? CoD Developers and their business as a whole DO care about these kinds of problems, whether they formally admit to it or not, because it's their entire future in the industry on the line.

EDIT: They do care about what the masses are saying, but that's not to be confused with what the masses on the FORUMS are saying. People that work on this game get detailed graphs and data sheets to look over and draw conclusions from. Hearing people complain on their forum is usually a very minor way of getting their attention, because they know that it will be 90% hate mail.

• 211. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
          maccabi

WutHathGOD-Rott wrote:

You Haven't been paying attention maccabi?

Yes hence I asked so what that you have a gigabit network, not really sure why you think this is

worth mentioning as it would make no difference to your connection at all.

WutHathGOD-Rott wrote:

Youre cannon fauder and a try hard at best, know what u are talking about b4 u open ur mouth.

I think you'll find its You're, and FODDER  #justsaying

as for knowing what im talking about why yes, yes i do hence my question

• 212. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
            MLGTWISTED

Welcome to cod, it will never be fixed because the devs don't care, they do care that you buy a cod every year though.  Promises, promises, promises, we get leid every year, now Im done.

• 213. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
              Slopat

I stepped out of this discussion because no solutions were being offerred and I have come to believe they don't exist. I also find the direction this topic took very unpleasant.

To all the guys who do not suffer from lag on a regular basis, good for you, be glad. However to come on here and deny its existence and effects, call people liars, claim it just being bad at the game, say the issue is on the lagger's end, say there is no solution just adapt, or simply say hey, I don't lag, what are you going on about, is in no way helpful for the ones experiencing this lag, the frustration in the game is only increased by this lack of respect, understanding and support. Its not surprising that some answer with unpleasant posts. Some of the lag denials are extremely rude and disrespectful, so they are responded to in kind. Where does that leave us?

Lag exists. Some are only slightly affected, some are very affected. Myself, I went through two horrible weeks of lag following an update which somehow for some reason fixed itself to where the game is playable again. Having gone through this experience, no way will I ever disrespect someone complaing about lag. It can be so bad that playing becomes pointless.

Anyhow, thats all I had to say, don't want to come off as more moralizing than I already have, so stopping here.

• 214. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

I think a poll would be good to see just how many feel they are getting lag?

• 215. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

Polls are not accurate for people could create new accounts to inflate the numbers in the directions they want them to go.

• 216. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
                    Warlord-Chojin

If some can get lag, then anyone can get lag. Considering the variables that lead to lag, im willing to bet that at any one time 50% of the playerbase are experiencing it, with only 30% of the total playerbase aware that its happening and maybe 20% with that really f*cked up lag who are 100% aware that its happening lol.

Of course im only theorising with these percentages but isn't its a better shot than imagining a network where only a few experience lag.

The Insta-death effect is real and the extremely good hit-detection is probably contributing. I'd rather see them buff the default hp.

• 217. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
                      Lucent76

My hat goes off to you good sir for giving the Cod Elite ingroup a taste of their own medicine and doing it all single handedly.

• 218. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill

this game has cost me a lot of money,i have smashed two controllers,gone through hours of trying to sort my broadband out with supplier and now have given the xbox a wack,i would not of done all this if I wasn't getting bad lag,bad connection,the problem is I love this game and get so frustrated when you cant play it properly,sometimes I have brilliant games and then I get a spell of crap ones,i bet a lot of others have felt the same?

• 219. Re: Its a lag lottery rather than a game of skill
                          ush285t

Slopat wrote:

I stepped out of this discussion because no solutions were being offerred and I have come to believe they don't exist. I also find the direction this topic took very unpleasant.

To all the guys who do not suffer from lag on a regular basis, good for you, be glad. However to come on here and deny its existence and effects, call people liars, claim it just being bad at the game, say the issue is on the lagger's end, say there is no solution just adapt, or simply say hey, I don't lag, what are you going on about, is in no way helpful for the ones experiencing this lag, the frustration in the game is only increased by this lack of respect, understanding and support. Its not surprising that some answer with unpleasant posts. Some of the lag denials are extremely rude and disrespectful, so they are responded to in kind. Where does that leave us?

Lag exists. Some are only slightly affected, some are very affected. Myself, I went through two horrible weeks of lag following an update which somehow for some reason fixed itself to where the game is playable again. Having gone through this experience, no way will I ever disrespect someone complaing about lag. It can be so bad that playing becomes pointless.

Anyhow, thats all I had to say, don't want to come off as more moralizing than I already have, so stopping here.

well said