Welcome to the first Activision Rewards Helpful Tip of the Week!
This week, we’ve got a Clan creation guide from well-known forum member, OUHATEME. Read below to find out his approach to creating and maintaining a Clan. Have Support tips you’d like to share? Send them to email@example.com! Those chosen will receive Activision Rewards Points and the rare Kudos Badge.
So you want to make a Clan?
Step 1: Decide what type of Clan you want to be - Clan Wars, Clan vs. Clan, play together for fun, or a combination of those three.
Step 2: Decide what type of people you want in your Clan. Are you going to be nothing but a Clan for competition, mature with age restrictions, location restrictions, KD or WL requirements, online activity, or some just invite anyone. The choice is yours
Step 3: Decide what size clan you are looking to have. Pay attention to party size, Clan vs. Clan size, or competition brackets for Clan Wars. Once you figure that out, you can figure out how to get people into your Clan.
Things to consider when recruiting for your Clan:
- Is there anyone on your friends list that you would like in your clan?
- If you’re going to write a recruitment thread, I would highly recommend browsing through existing threads to see what catches your eye and try to incorporate that into your recruitment thread.
- If you make a thread, be patient with it and follow the bump rules. Don't use the word “bump” when updating the thread. Use terms like “still recruiting”, or “still looking to add members”, etc.
- Do not create a recruitment thread that sounds unsure of itself. Example: “Help I need a Clan name!” or anything like that. The actual Clan name can be open for discussion in the future. If your thread sounds weak, no one will want any part of it.
Step 1: Make sure you have the Call of Duty Ghosts App and know how to use it.
Step 2: Use the Official Forums, even if you don't write anything be sure to read them. Know what rules and changes are in place to maximize them for your Clan. Stay on top of all Patches and what was affected. Know how each Clan War is scored and gain a full understanding of the Clan vs. Clan eSports rules.
Step 3: If you find something as simple as when using Support Squad Mate, let them know to mix it with ammo crate. You'd be surprised at how many players don't know how to arm your Support Squad Mate. Step 4: Keep on top of whatever your Clan’s focus is.
- Clan Wars - keep on top of the schedule, the rules, the scoring, and when the Rewards get passed out.
- Clan vs. Clan - know what load outs are allowed, try to set up or find good times for people to play. If you’re just playing for fun, try to set it up so everyone knows everyone else's favorite game modes and times they like to be on to party up.
Step 5: Remember you are the Clan Leader. If you have to kick someone then do it. Dead weight is especially hard to carry if your Clan is competing in Clan Wars. Step 6: Be prepared to change strategies in Clan Wars or Clan vs. Clan. If you get your tail kicked over and over again, learn from it and figure out what to do to get better, especially in Clan Wars. If you feel you’re doing everything you can and are still losing watch the strategy of the other Clans that are winning and try to pick up on that. Step 7: Communicate with your clan, not AT your Clan. There’s a difference and it can mean a lot to your Clan members.
Step 8: Stay informed!
- Use the Official Forums. They will help you with your Clan. Every Patch update is posted in the Forums. Read through them and make sure you understand them and how they changed the game. Follow back up in the forums as members adapt to the changes; there will be some informative threads on them.
- If there are server issues or other maintenance issues during a Clan War (before you get to upset) visit the forums. There already may be a thread on it and it may also explain that they are aware of it and widen the range for wining clans to get rewards.
- There are some very well written map threads and how to use certain maps to your advantage in the Forums, some of which can be a game changer.
- Some clan leaders will create a threads on their Clan Wars strategies that may have some good advice for you.
- Visit the Forums and keep up to date with changes that are coming for the clan wars , they will explain roster locks , how you get matched up rewards and possible upcoming changes.
If you have a good idea or question, post them. There are many peers in the Forums that like to help. Most importantly, have fun!