1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 51 Replies Latest reply: Mar 24, 2014 2:21 AM by Increment Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: People complaining about the game
        brsox

That's what you got from my post? I didn't say a sniper rifle should be a ohk no matter what! There should absolutely be some aim involved.

What I was trying to say is that for long range classes, LMGs and MRs are a better option than Sniper Rifles. They are great for long range and hardly suffer in close range.

It is impossible to stay "far away from combat and remain hidden" in call of duty. You can try but good luck.

You must not snipe often. Give it a try.

• 31. Re: People complaining about the game
          nicedrewishfela

My argument to people who make this silly argument is...

Why, then, are the same people at the top of the leaderboards in lobbies on a regular basis. Just like in Poker, if there is no skill, then why do so many of the same people end up at the Final Table so often?

I think where people go wrong is in thinking there is only one kind of skill people have to be good at a game like CoD. Some may have superior Hand/Eye, others are great with Tactics, some learn faster than others... there are various type of skills that can make a player good at the game.

Of course there is skill, it is a game. All games take skill to some degree. The No-Skill argument is a ridiculous one.

• 32. Re: People complaining about the game
            atiredoldguy

Maybe ..... but who really knows unless you are a programmmer, have actually had access to the coding and gone over it thoroughly. .

Its definitely dependent on who is available to match with who. ...... I mean if there arent a lot of people with a good connection to you, the best matchmaking in the world isnt going to give you a good match.

Availability of people aside .... you still have people out there who scr8w around with their internet because they think a worse connection is going to help them ..... then you have people who have have the best network setup in the world, the best provider, the best plan .... they might not know the difference between a router and a piece of cheesecake ..... but they know they have a perfect setup, and therefore absolutely refuse to do any of the things suggested to make sure they really do.

You have people partied up with players that matchmaking wouldnt pair them with ever .... but yet there they are 2 or 3 dudes thousands of miles apart forcing another 9 or 10 people in a lobby to have to put up with it.

Like I said ..... I'm pretty sure they could come up with something better, but I sure wouldnt know how and neither would 99% of everyone else that may think it could be better.  Its really hard to criticize when you dont have the knowledge or actual data ..... it might be totally mucked up for all I know .... or it may be the absolute best setup possible ..... who knows

• 33. Re: People complaining about the game
              myevo8you

I do snipe. I only snipe on maps where it is a viable option. Maps I snipe on, Whiteout, Stonehaven, Stormfront, Siege, and depending on the gamemode Prison Break.

If you try to snipe on any other map, then you are going to have difficulty.

Here is what most people seem to fail to understand with sniper rifles. They are a SPECIALIZED class, not an "all around" class like an AR. Not a close quarters weapon like a shotgun, not a run fast/attack weapon like a SMG.

A weapon like a sniper rifle is designed the way it is because it sacrifices fire rate for power. Meaning if you are ACCURATE and get headshots, you only need ONE SHOT. If you miss, then the person you are shooting at SHOULD have an advantage as you have compromised your location. LMG's sacrifice ADS time, and movement speed for large magazines. SMG's sacrifice long range power for medium size clips, mobility, and fire rate. AR's are the jack of all trades as they are good, not great, at all aspects, but can be beat with the correct gun if you engage them in their "butter zone". Shotguns sacrifice long range capabilities for a larger spread and one shot one kill possibilities at close range.

• 34. Re: People complaining about the game
                Sledgehammer23248

many people I know quit playing it. Some went back to bo2... As for saying, "good" or "go do something else" but then I see those people posting, "oh why are the numbers so low?"  It's a cycle on both sides, maybe they do come back, but not many according to sales vs players now.

• 35. Re: People complaining about the game
                  nicedrewishfela

I am in the same boat. I rarely have friends on playing any more.

My point is more to the fact that some folks complain impotently about things they have control over.

• 36. Re: People complaining about the game
                    brsox

It is fairly arrogant to think you are in some elite group that "understands" what sniper rifles are or should be. I've never met someone who thought a sniper rifle was meant as a close range, all purpose weapon.

• 37. Re: People complaining about the game
                      myevo8you

brsox wrote:

It is fairly arrogant to think you are in some elite group that "understands" what sniper rifles are or should be. I've never met someone who thought a sniper rifle was meant as a close range, all purpose weapon.

How is it arrogant to know what a weapon is designed for?

A sniper rifle is MADE FOR LONG RANGE ENGAGEMENTS. They are NOT made for running around the smallest maps hipfiring/spraying. I own a Barrett .50 caliber in real life and can GUARANTEE you that you will not be running full speed trying to rush into combat with it. It weighs right at THIRTY POUNDS unloaded and with a full magazine (10 rounds), scope, and bipod right around 35 lbs. The length of it also would get cumbersome as it is almost 40 inches long. So YES I do have an idea of what a sniper rifle is used for.

• 38. Re: People complaining about the game
                        Sinseer7

I lied.  I do have a complaint:  I wish Ghosts had match recording like mw3

• 39. Re: People complaining about the game
                          nicedrewishfela

And short-sighted to limit their use to certain maps. They can be quite effective on numerous maps. In fact, I find sometimes they are LEAST effective on the maps you'd expect them to be effective on.