1 2 3 Previous Next 66 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2014 11:22 AM by DatBigSwitcha2 RSS

@ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...

EliteKing
      • return to a simpler time

it would be so awesome if we can turn back the clock and have another game based on World War 2.  im not really liking the futuristic theme thats going on. we need something gritty and dark. personally im craving a World At War remake in HD, or even a World At War 'II' type game...i know a lot of people would very interested in this.

• better connection.

why? BO2 was the first Call of Duty to actually give myself and plenty of other people lag comp. im not sure why if the previous 4 title ran smoothly on the Wii and being on a new console maybe something wasnt finished or coded properly...although from what it seems, lag comp has been around since MW2 on the other consoles and the Nintendo community got its first and second taste with BO2 and this game Ghosts. will we get dedicated servers to fix the problem? ...maybe not for Ghosts, but maybe in future CoD titles?

• stop objectifying women

i understand that this game is rated M for Mature, but lets be reasonable here. is there really a need to have pictures of women such as Arkaden, Plaza, Express among other DLC maps? is there really a need to have a strip club that has a sign saying "Nude Girls" on it? is there really a need to have playercards made by the game creators featuring pics of ladies who are dressed inappropriately? as a Man, i can honestly say that it has no place in Call of Duty. on Black Ops 2, emblems are cool but a lot of people made a lot of disgusting emblems and they were given the ok by the game creators because of what is in the game already. when i see a custom emblem of some girl bending over or pushing herself against the glass of the TV screen, i report it.  back in MW3, there was unlockable player cards that were objectifying to women. in the middle of a war and the buildings have giant holes in the walls, cars are on fire, there is rubble everywhere and these objectifying pics of girls are left unscathed?  im not the only one who feels this way either, i did some searching and found this little golden nugget of a thread :

Graphic content option for Ghosts?

i think that people who say "whats the big deal?" and "who gives a $#!T?" are the people who give likes and support the custom emblems listed above and have no problem seeing things of that nature. i for one dont care to see that and if the Devs decide not go objectifying with the next game, that will most likely sway me and Queen into buying the next game without hesitation, dedicated servers or not. i mean, whats the point of having objectifying pics of girls...is there a tactical advantage for having them there? is there some sort of need or want to have them there? couldnt they have been replaced by something not objectifying at all? some sort of propaganda material or headline news about recent events on buildings and walls? i must give props where props are due though, the character customization was well done in that the girls were not whored out like the girl from zombies in BO2...my personal reason in boycotting that mode. there was literally no difference in the male and female characters apart from the hair and the face, but overall good job on that part, if girls are to be included in future titles i can only hope they will be done as tastefully as they were in Ghosts.

• map design

i miss maps like downpour, shipment, pipeline, wetwork from CoD4 and dome, makin day/night, upheavel, cliffside from W@W and array, firing range, havanna, nuketown from BO1 and lockdown, hardhat, resistance, bakaara from MW3.  we dont need these huge maps that are 10 times bigger than that of Turbine from BO2, especially if there are not enough players to fill a quarter of the map.

• game modes

ground war should be on the WiiU, it ran beautifully on Black Ops 2 and i actually preferred that to regular TDM cuz not only do you get 9v9 lobby going and way more targets to shoot at, you get a mix of 3 different game types and that in itself is awesome enough. include all game modes so that we can taste a little bit of everything, its pretty annoying paying the same price as other consoles and getting half a game or even a quarter of it.

• open dialogue with community

there needs to be more communication between Activsion and the consumer, not only to hear our problems but to help create a game that would top the one before it. there cant be 2 to 3 month gaps in between contact, there needs to be an acknowledgement of existence and a reinforcement of how we as a community are important because we spend our money on your product(s), if i made, lets say, a burger with all the sides and fixings and something was off a little, i would appreciate the feedback...do my best to fix the problem on the spot and continue to do my best to retain that person as a customer so that in the future my burger with all sides and fixings will be the best it can be now and in the future.

thoughts?

• 1. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
          nintendon't

EliteKing wrote:

i understand that this game is rated M for Mature, but lets be reasonable here. is there really a need to have pictures of women such as Arkaden, Plaza, Express among other DLC maps?

thoughts?

How were those pictures objectifying? They were just made up ADs and the women were fully clothed and whatnot.

• 2. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
            like2nap03

Maps.  The maps in Black Ops 2 were different.  I liked that.  I never had a problem with any maps though except for the crazy small spray and pray maps like Nuketown.   Anyway, I ended up hating one thing about Black Ops 2.  All the headglitching spots that made the game a camping, lmg target finder user's dream eventually got on my nerves.  Obviously I adapted, but it was annoying.  Ghosts has hardly any headglitching spots.  I like that.  I also LOVE how big an open they are.  They are a rusher's dream.  People complain that they cater to campers.  Those people aren't playing like they should.  They are a rusher's dream.  Tons of flank routes to the campers.  I love it.  Best maps in the series in my opinion. 

ATU's interaction with the community was great...until the trolls ran him off with a constant barrage of insults. It's disappointing...

Can't say I would be against another "older war" shooter, but I do like what they have out there now.  Wish you did get Ghosts.  It's great.  My favorite of the series, but I understand why you didn't.  Of course the lag while playing in parties probably still would have screwed us over due to the distance between us.  Overall this game seems to have less lag, better lag comp, and better hit detection.  Not that BLOPS 2 was bad, but this one is enough of an improvement to be noticed.  Playing in a party of two is no different (lag wise) than playing solo which is a plus.

• 3. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
              WiimotesRus02

I won't complain for a better connection that's for sure, but W@W was unplayable for me, even when hosting, the frame rate and lag is right up there with BO2, as are all Teyarch games, but BO1 was sometimes manageable, and reflex's lag shooting was something else, but you could learn to cope, so I wouldn't go as far to say they were all that much better, but the controls is what its all about.

And a dev came here at some point and said we aint getting dedicated servers for ghosts and there is NO plans for them on any future CoD titles for the WiiU. Unlike the DLC where they always say there is no information at this time, they seemed pretty certain about the dedi's..

• 4. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

ATU's interaction with the community was great...until the trolls ran him off with a constant barrage of insults. It's disappointing...

I don't believe that for one second, if it is true then he deserved it, but I think he's not been here because one day he'd say we're getting one thing or another, then it turned out that we're getting nothing. Its my belief he's been told to stay off the official forum, and to stop answering certain questions. He is however allowed to post patch notes and similar stuff..

• 5. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                  BobbyMcGee

not meaning to sound stupid but missy was in flanel and a trucker hat and constantly talked sh!t to the guy characters, was basically a tom-boy lol. its supposedly a real-world themed game, i have a strip club a few miles down the street that has "all nude" written on it, one im sure busloads of kids drive passed on the schoolbus every day...not saying its right or wrong but i guess it reflects our society truthfully. i mean, look at the movies we watch these days, i see more of that stuff in feature films than ghost. i think you are over-analizing things a bit. especially when turning on the tv or opening a magazine has more objectifying content than any cod game ever came close to having...

• 6. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                    M4GNUM

SIMPLER TIME

Futuristic? I'd say it's pretty close to present day/realistic - I mean there aren't any robots and we aren't using laser guns. WW2 or prior would be fun though.

BETTER CONNECTION

I don't think the devs have figured out (or given enough effort) how to make this work better on the Wii U. I'd rather they spent money on dedicated servers, making this work on the U, and making it all work better than a dog or the campaign. Ghosts runs better for me than BO2.

OBJECTIFYING WOMEN

What? I think your old lady put you up to most of that. Look, it's a mature title. Under that they could, in theory, have boobs (gasp! a nipple!) and dongs flying around and more cussing (like BO2). Same as any "mature" movie. I've never seen any objectification of women like you describe in Ghosts. I've seen pictures of women's faces and a girl in a swimsuit once. There are ads in real life that depict women (and men) in a "sexy" manner. Yes there is a nudey bar - but strip clubs exist, women (and men, remember) do strip and no one puts a gun to their heads to make them strip. Girls FINALLY got a female soldier, which is awesome. And before launch, Queen poo-poo'd that with a boycott threat and said how you all wouldn't buy Ghosts because it would be horrible to women and guys would be so gross to the female characters, blah, blah, blah. We all said she was wrong...and guess what? She was wrong. Dead wrong. It always amazes me when feminists do more damage to their cause than help it. The devs are creating realistic environments. In reality, those things exist. It's supposed to be "real" - not some paradise where there is no trouble and nothing but unicorns and rainbows. Do I like it? I don't really care. It's not at a level that makes me uncomfortable. I have a daughter, so I am constantly aware and am a feminist to a certain degree. I've had thousands of hours of conversation regarding feminism with feminists. What you refer to in Ghosts is not objectifying. Unless you are just complaining about BO2, but that wouldn't make sense because this is a Ghosts forum.

MAP DESIGN

If they were the same in every game, people would complain. BO2 had a lot of CQC so it was nice to see a game where it was more open and people could hardscope snipe. They should be different each year - my preference would be a balanced mixture (BO2 came sort of close). These maps were also designed for more players (can't 18 players play on the other consoles?) in one match so I understand why they are so big. They might also be testing how people react to big maps so they can get closer to designing BF-like maps. I like the maps on Ghosts. I can work on getting 4 gold guns at the same time because the map sizes are different. I can use a sniper for the big maps. I can use an SMG for the smaller maps. I can use an LMG or MR for the in-between maps. I think that's an indicator of good map size balance. It also forces the people who use one gun on every map for the life of the game to try other guns.

GAME MODES

Game modes offered depends on player count. I can't play KC on HC because we don't have the numbers. So I'd rather them spend that dev money on something else than a mode that no one will play anyway. I wish we had larger numbers. I'd love to see more modes.

OPEN DIALOGUE

I agree. Any flack or trolling they get, which makes them leave, is due to things they cause. They must sleep in the bed they made. If they are that sensitive to negative feedback...VALID negative feedback, then they should make a better game.

• 7. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                      GHOSTED

i understand that this game is rated M for Mature, but lets be reasonable here. is there really a need to have pictures of women such as Arkaden, Plaza, Express among other DLC maps? is there really a need to have a strip club that has a sign saying "Nude Girls" on it?

So this offends u but the fact that u r killing people doesn't? do u want to pretend that things like this don't exist? get over it. this is the least of problems in this game.

• 8. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                        M4GNUM

Good point about killing people. And dogs.

• 9. Re: @ A_Trey_U: What I Want From Call Of Duty & Why...
                          WiimotesRus02

I have no idea where you're from but I'm UK, and it horrifies me that it seems to be an American thing that guns and gun related deaths are the norm in the states, let alone the highest in the world. One of the most shocking stories I read in recent times was last black Friday, where arguments broke out in the shops and people got shot, while other shoppers carried on shopping while gun shots were going on. People placing  materialism over people's lives is what's wrong with this world. So yeah, you have a very interesting point..

1 2 3 Previous Next