7 Replies Latest reply: Jul 30, 2015 9:06 PM by Activision Support RSS

Character not detected

My son plays Skylander Swap Force on the Wii U.  We bought the Spyro swap force figure a couple of weeks ago and it worked fine until this weekend.  Now if I put it on the portal, nothing is detected - it just reads "please place your skylander on the portal of power".  There is no option to reset the character because you can't access a menu on the "please place your skylander on the portal" screen.  My son has about 8 other characters, all of them are working fine.  I keep the portal about 6 feet away from the tv and speakers because the portal seems very sensitive to being close to other electronics. I've moved the portal around, on the floor, bookshelf, as far as the cable will go away from any equipment, and Spyro doesn't work, but other characters all work.  To top it off, I'm pretty sure I don't have the receipt for Spyro anymore because it was bought weeks ago and it initially worked fine. 

Any advice?  I've tried the Live Agent option in the Contact Support screen, but I just get the message "You cannot access this page directly. Please select the Contact Us selection from our homepage", which is bizarre because I accessed the Live Agent option through the "Conact Us" option on the homepage.

Thank you,

Paul

• Re: Character not detected

I am having the same problem, but we are not able to play any of the characters. We have all them and none of them are being read, just says "Please place a Skylander on the portal of power". I have not found anything to solve this but going to be contacting Activision today.

Activision Support

Hey Dean, we know this is an old post - but if you're still having trouble, it sounds like your portal may be faulty

We can get a new portal out to you asap through our Warranty & Returns program though, you'll need to create an account with our support site, then start a new returns case by clicking "Warranty & returns" at the top of the page here: Activision Support

Follow the instructions and enter your portal info, and we'll get a new one out right away

Thanks! ^NM

christyi33

I am having the exact same problem and can't reach anyone.  Gee Whiz!!

Activision Support

Hi Christyi33, sorry to hear you've had trouble finding help!

For future reference, we can always be reached here on the forums, on our official Twitter account: Activision Support (@ATVIAssist) | Twitter  as well as Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist

You're having problems with a specific Skylander not registering on the portal? Or are all Skylanders having problems?

If it is a single figure, we can get a replacement out to you right away - you'll need to create an account with our support site, then click "Warranty & Returns" - follow the instructions and enter the numbers on the bottom of the figure, and we'll get a new one in the mail asap!

If all figures are having problems - it may be a portal issue. We can replace that as well, you'll just need to create a portal return case.

Check here for our support site: Activision Support

Let us know if you need assistance with this process! ^NM

Activision Support

Hey Paul, we know this is an older post, but it looks like we missed this originally

It sounds like your Skylander may be defective - but not to worry, we can get a brand new one out to you right away!

We have a free replacement service, you'll just need to create an account with our support site, then click "Warranty & Returns" at the top of the support page to open a new returns case. Follow the instructions, and enter the code on the bottom of the figure, and we'll send a new one out asap! You won't need to send the broken figure back to us unless it is a special edition, dark edition, or Swappable character.

You can find our support site here: Activision Support

Apologies again for the delay, and let us know if you need assistance with the return process!

^NM

phatmaddness909

This is for Support - I am addressing the same issue others have had on this thread, but also voicing my extreme displeasure at the 'expedient' attention paid to users of this forum, as well as website issues that do not allow users to even submit a warranty claim for their issue. I just finished submitting a request for resolution via the Facebook page. Please advise on our next recourse as soon as possible.

You may call me Mr. Rogan.

Activision Support

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with this as well, and our apologies for the delay. What particular website issue are you running into that is not allowing you to submit a warranty claim? What browser and device are you using? Any error message? If so, what does it say? The following link on return instructions may also be helpful. Please get back to us whenever you can regarding this and we can take it from there. Again, apologies for the delay in response.

Thank you,

^TO