1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2014 8:22 AM by sstang1 Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
        gambit1969

I have top of the line internet so i really dont think the speed you downloaded the patch at has any effect on frame rates, i still have frame rate drops in games

• 31. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
          nkgb

Already did that, delete the entire game (disk, not digital download) and still happens, 3 different consoles from friends, same problem!

Its not lag, nor your internet conection, its frame rate re4lated issue, it happens in singleplayer too.

• 32. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
            Smitty1c

I hate to be that guy, but heres something to think about. So called Frame rate is perceivable by the human eye up 300FPS, but negligible to the user experience past 30FPS...all pre-existing consoles were set for 30 FPS and nobody probably knew the difference...

If you did not see the same glitchy issue in the single player game, it has nothing to do with the hardware, you are running at home (to include your network connection).

What I have noticed is the symptoms of overloaded servers, possibly poor software coding that automatically populates rooms with players from various network connections. If you have players from the same town, the game will scream, no matter how big the map or number of participants. If you add just one single player from another region of the world or a poor network connection, it will drag down users in the room with it. You will notice the map shutters or jitters because your position information in the game map is delayed. Watching the kill cam will, you can have a good indication of this if you emptied a full mag in someone and they still got the drop on you. Watch to see if they took any hits.

Games like Battlefield 4 give the user the ability to filter open rooms to join by region, and select rooms by connectivity to the server. If you have full bars, expect a fair game. If you half half bars, expect lag to interfere with your KD's.

I wouldn't waste the time trying to delete the game, and download again, as some have already experienced, it won't fix the back end server problems. Unfortunately, you can create a great game with awesome graphics, but if you forget to design the supporting back end, you just have a really awesome piece of crap.

The more users that are finally getting around to buying the game and playing online, the worse it will get, until they beef up the back end, or change how the rooms get populated.

Just an observation I thought I'd pass along.

• 33. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
              nkgb

True! but we are not talking about lag, its the frame rate.... same thing happens in singleplayer and multiplayer with bots, disconected from internet

• 34. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

Ok I already said once what the issue is, but I will say it again for all the new people that commented.  The PS4 is locked in at 60fps COD Ghosts at many points during the game attempts to jump above 60fps and that causes the "framerate drops".  So you can blame bad engineering on behalf of IW for not locking the game at 60fps max.

• 35. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                  Smitty1c

I hate to be that guy, but heres something to think about. So called Frame rate is perceivable by the human eye up 300FPS, but negligible to the user experience past 30FPS...all pre-existing consoles were set for 30 FPS and nobody probably knew the difference...

If you did not see the same glitchy issue in the single player game, it has nothing to do with the hardware, you are running at home (to include your network connection).

If you notice the issue, try joining a room/game with a small number of players (12 or less)...do the same problems occur?

What I have noticed is the symptoms of overloaded servers, possibly poor software coding that automatically populates rooms with players from various network connections. If you have players from the same town, the game will scream, no matter how big the map or number of participants. If you add just one single player from another region of the world or a poor network connection, it will drag down users in the room with it. You will notice the map shutters or jitters because your position information in the game map is delayed. Watching the kill cam will, you can have a good indication of this if you emptied a full mag in someone and they still got the drop on you. Watch to see if they took any hits.

Games like Battlefield 4 give the user the ability to filter open rooms to join by region, and select rooms by connectivity to the server. If you have full bars, expect a fair game. If you half half bars, expect lag to interfere with your KD's.

I wouldn't waste the time trying to delete the game, and download again, as some have already experienced, it won't fix the back end server problems. Unfortunately, you can create a great game with awesome graphics, but if you forget to design the supporting back end, you just have a really awesome piece of crap.

The more users that are finally getting around to buying the game and playing online, the worse it will get, until they beef up the back end, or change how the rooms get populated.

Just an observation I thought I'd pass along

• 36. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                    Smitty1c

The glitchy screen is do to a laggy network, an overloaded server, or someone joining the room with a dial-up equivalent connection. It screws up the way the server sends the gamers location in the game, and causes the user to reset back to the last known point (the jittery look). If the problem were related to FPS, it would be noticeable in all modes of the game (single player, multiplayer, and whatever the alien version of the game is). Movies are filmed and presented at 24FPS, and up until the most recently released, gaming consoles only had up to 30 FPS...anything above that is negligible to the user experience.

I think, like other online games have had in the past, the problem lies with how the servers are set up, and how users are grouped into rooms. One gamer with a bad connection will bring the whole room down...especially on maps up to 18 players.

Best advice is to switch rooms, or finder a room with smaller max numbers.

• 37. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                      LT--SHiNySiDeZ-

Not meaning to sound rude, but you sound like you have no idea what you are talking about.  One persons connection is not gonna bring the whole lobby down, that would only be true if everyone was using nothing but dedicated servers and they would need to have a ping probably above 150ms to make it affect everyone.  Besides you can notice it in every game mode on here.  I see it all the time in Extinction and many people that play SP see it happen so yea it is a faulty game design.

• 38. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                        bva_PS

I have a problem to understent what kaizokuemre want to say in all his/hers messages in this topic...

• 39. Re: PS4 frame rate issues recently (March)
                          bva_PS

Exactly! It's not a lag (as the Activision Support suggests).These drops are far BELOW 30 fps.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next