1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 83 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2014 4:01 PM by Pinky1 Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
        WiimotesRus02

NkoSekirei wrote:

didnt u forget that the wii side on the wii u has online too so u can still play past cod titles

The WiiU uses the same servers as the old Wii when playing the old games. Its like the WiiU has a built in mini Wii..

• 61. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
          bughunt

Exactly this, just like Ryumaou said.

The vWii side of the Wii U uses the same network as the physical Wii.  Once they turn that off both will be affected.  You'll still be able to play offline games on both.

• 62. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
            barolb

I still remember A_Trey_U saying that there was a difference in programming on the Wii U for the Wii Remote than on the original Wii. At least this difference may attribute as to why the controls/feel are so different between Wii and Wii U Call of Duty titles.

Back in January, before quitting Call of Duty, i tried to play on Black Ops Wii. I seriously think i adapted too much to Black Ops 2. I found it almost frustrating to try and play the game like i use to There's a huge difference between how the games played, and not to mention how i use to play, but i can't say i'm not happy with the nice looking visuals now.

On Black Ops Wii i would have incredibly large deadzones, with slow turning, but i would be able to land headshots consistently. On Black Ops 2 i had to use much smaller deadzones and wasn't able to land headshots as consistently. There were times where I was sure I got a headshot on a player, but according to the game I didn't.

One of these days I'll try Mario Kart Wii's online again, but as of late i've been in nostalgia mode with Pikmin. I've been playing Pikmin 1 and 2, and also 3 for the past month. Unfortunately, my Wii appears to be broken (and so is my Gamecube), so I was playing Pikmin in black and white. Of course, it wasn't that bad. I actually beat my record and completed Pikmin 1 with— it was either 14 or 16 days? My previous record was a 17 day completion. Now I'm finishing Pikmin 2, also in black and white, for a full completion and thus far i'm around 15 days in. I've finished Perlexing Pool, Awakening Woods, and I'm 1 cave away from finishing Valley of Repose. After that i must finish Wistful Wild for my full completion And of course, after that i move onto Pikmin 3 and I'll try to beat my current record in that game!

• 63. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
              WiimotesRus02

There might be different programming between the two consoles, but they still got them seriously messed up. They may have made it slightly better in a patch, but it was still way off. Until a few weeks ago when I thought I'd try BO2 again with my faster internet, I had completely forgotten about the thing where when you turn my gun would suddenly point up to the sky, and trying to bring it back down just felt like I had been hit with a stun grenade. If an enemy is near you when that happens you're most certainly going to die. I played MW3 last week and its a completely different thing, there was some lag, yes, but the controller made it so I could go 19-6 in my first game, and it just got better after that, the precision is amazing. For some reason on the WiiU they have added insane recoil as well as having inferior coding, as this feature alone is not cross platform, Treyarch could at least reduce the recoil, but for some reason they won't, or can't, which is annoying to say the least. Having a controller that worked as it should was a way I could deal with lag, but having this insane lag with added gun sway and recoil makes it very hard to get kills, especially in core mode..

• 64. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

There might be different programming between the two consoles, but they still got them seriously messed up. They may have made it slightly better in a patch, but it was still way off. Until a few weeks ago when I thought I'd try BO2 again with my faster internet, I had completely forgotten about the thing where when you turn my gun would suddenly point up to the sky, and trying to bring it back down just felt like I had been hit with a stun grenade. If an enemy is near you when that happens you're most certainly going to die. I played MW3 last week and its a completely different thing, there was some lag, yes, but the controller made it so I could go 19-6 in my first game, and it just got better after that, the precision is amazing. For some reason on the WiiU they have added insane recoil as well as having inferior coding, as this feature alone is not cross platform, Treyarch could at least reduce the recoil, but for some reason they won't, or can't, which is annoying to say the least. Having a controller that worked as it should was a way I could deal with lag, but having this insane lag with added gun sway and recoil makes it very hard to get kills, especially in core mode..

I really think it's the framer ates.  I don't know.  In BLOPS 2 it felt like the rewrote the code for it almost.  Then they left off a setting that made everything wacked.  Once added back in, I think it was similar to MW3, BUT it didn't feel like it due to the difference in frame rate.  It's almost like the controls were still set to run at 30FPS instead of 60FPS.  I did several tests and it seemed like the wii remote went where I wanted it to, but it felt weird because there were missing frames in the animation.  This made it seem as though the cursor was jumping around.  It got better after the patches, but that was just the sensitivity.  The turning speeds were still too slow which didn't get fixed until this game.  I think that too may have been frame rate related.  Regardless I think the wii remote is awesome now, but yeah, in BLOPS 2 it's kinda wonky.

• 65. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                  M4GNUM

like2nap03 wrote:

Regardless I think the wii remote is awesome now, but yeah, in BLOPS 2 it's kinda wonky.

...except how you can't use some/most of the scope attachments, they still have some work to do with sniping, natural sway (your hand) + weapon sway/recoil = tough (double pendulum effect) and helo scout is almost impossible.

I do think they've made great strides in the Wiimote on the Wii U. BO2 was ridiculously bad. It was glorious on the Wii. And I guarantee you it has to do with frame rates. Have they had to adjust anything in regards to frame rates with the other consoles or have they always been "x" fps? Probably new to them and cause a lot of code rewrites.

• 66. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                    WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I really think it's the framer ates.  I don't know.  In BLOPS 2 it felt like the rewrote the code for it almost.  Then they left off a setting that made everything wacked.  Once added back in, I think it was similar to MW3, BUT it didn't feel like it due to the difference in frame rate.  It's almost like the controls were still set to run at 30FPS instead of 60FPS.  I did several tests and it seemed like the wii remote went where I wanted it to, but it felt weird because there were missing frames in the animation.  This made it seem as though the cursor was jumping around.  It got better after the patches, but that was just the sensitivity.  The turning speeds were still too slow which didn't get fixed until this game.  I think that too may have been frame rate related.  Regardless I think the wii remote is awesome now, but yeah, in BLOPS 2 it's kinda wonky.

What ever it is, they could at least reduce the recoil. And I remember in MW3, when the game first came out, you put the gun  in ADS, the sights swayed all over the place, it does it in this game too, but they fixed it in MW3, why can't/won't they do it in this game? In HC when it comes down to split second precision you'll lose a gun fight unless the other player is also using a wiimote then its even chance. But the recoil makes long distance shots very hard, even in HC, long distance shots aren't 1 or 2 shot kills when using certain guns. And I also can't agree with the wiimote being awesome, not yet..

• 67. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                      Ronin2012

I'll really miss MWR and W@W

Wish there was a way they could keep the games going for those who still liked to play them via the wiiU

• 68. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                        nintendon't

I'm gonna miss stacking choppers and dogs with the sexy AK47 x MP40. Such easy games.

• 69. Re: Wii Wifi getting turned off May 20th
                          Ronin2012

are you still alive???

at least there was a lot less crap in them than these new ones. Keep it simple and eliminate all the pu$$ies that like to use all the tech garbage. now go back to your fmg9's ya flog

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next