1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 11:49 AM by like2nap03 Go to original post RSS
      • 50. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
        WiimotesRus02

I don't have the first clue on what to do, just like in zombies. I watched and played my son in zombies but he's cruel to me, doesn't help and laughs at my incompetence, but I'll give it a go, even though I can't communicate while paying..

• 51. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
          GHOSTED

play the bots until ur ready. then splash into a match here and there.

• 52. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
            like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I don't have the first clue on what to do, just like in zombies. I watched and played my son in zombies but he's cruel to me, doesn't help and laughs at my incompetence, but I'll give it a go, even though I can't communicate while paying..

No mic? 

http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Wii-Officially-Licensed-Nintendo-U/dp/B00BI9M E3S/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1396333775&sr=8-3&keywords=wii+u+headset

http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Beach-Force-Gaming-Headset-6309200/dp/B008YA9BVC/re f=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1396333775&sr=8-1&keywords=wii+u+headset

• 53. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
              WiimotesRus02

The turtle beach headset, are they any good? They're only £13 here in the UK, seems a bit cheap, anyone own a set?

• 54. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                like2nap03

People seem to like that model more than the other turtle beach set.  From what i've heard from different forums/forum members that is the best option as far as turtle beach goes. 

There is a Tritton model as well.  I've heard good things about it.  They're not on sale currently though.

They're just stereo headphones.  Nothing special.  The cheaper amazon model will probably work just as well as the turtle beach set.  You can get Xbox 360 headsets to work with a $5.00 adapter.  Some people go that route. 

• 55. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                  barolb

Hehe.... Good old sore thumbs. You'll get use to it soon enough XD

There are some things that are definitely boring in Bioshock, but would you kindly give it another shot? Up to you though, but if not then definitely look into the story if you haven't already. It's has 4th wall stuff :O

But yeah, bejeweled can help with getting use to the movement on the 360's controller, button pressing, reaction time, etc, I'd say. Proof by experience isn't exactly reassuring, but I would suggest to at least give it a go.

I really don't have that large of a 360 collection yet, especially to suggest anything good, but if you haven't tried these games yet, then I would suggest to look into Alan Wake and Bayonetta. I only played the first area in Bayonetta (at a friend's house), but it was actually alot of fun, and the soundtrack is quite good too. Alan Wake had a more story driven feel, but it felt like i was playing a video game while watching a TV show all while sort of reading a book. Quite strange, but interesting. The later half of the game is quite action packed though, especially compared to the first half, although there will be a point in the game where you'll ask yourself "Why must I be in the woods again!?!?".

• 56. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                    Incredible_Mr

Well so far im around 0.83 kdr, which isnt too shabby considering im a complete tool. The game is the exact same as the U version in the respect that there is loadsa lag, numerous host migrations, and I find playing HC easier as the people actually die when I shoot them. As with the U the core modes are riddled with QS , and TFs, which is frustrating - I seem to have little spurts of doing well, ie 5-6 kills, but in the main its kill,die,kill,die, and im now at the stage where im usually getting a 1 kdr in most games.

The biggest difference is clearly the playing numbers and its great to see the HC modes packed with players, last night there was around 2000 playing HC domination, about 3000 playing HC KC, and even 1800 playing HC SnD, so seeing as im sticking to HC thats great.

I think the comment I made about the skill gap being smaller on the U, ie not as many bad players - smaller gap between the good and bad players, is backed up by the fact that ive been reading leaderboards on blops 2 now for 18 months, and the scores/rates/kdrs of some of these xbox players is simply awful. Ive seen maybe 2 players in TDM with over a 2kdr, and about 5 with over 200 spm, with the vast majority lower than 1. I know theres great players out there, like there is on every version, but theres a far greater number of complete useless players on the xbox - Im a 1.07 kdr player and I cant aim ffs! Im amazed to see myself ranked 3-4 on most leaderboards pre game, with a 1.07 kdr and 198 spm, and I absolutely suck! I mean I honestly feel most of my kills are lucky, aim assisted, and I feel very clumsy. Full respect to the guys who can master these controls, but I can also see how a decent player can get 40 kills a game as seriously the bad players are REALLY bad. Taking my U profile scores in every mode I played on there, id be top of EVERY lobby ive played so far on kdr and spm on the xbox, and I know for sure that there`s far better players than me on the U.

An irritating thing for me, they seem to vote in Nuketown and Hijack all the time, I tried searching a TDM last night and got 7 diff Nuketown lobbies 1 after the other. Felt my 1st experience of humiliation last night too, HC dom on Nuketown, think I went 15-46! TBH the guy who died the fewest times died about 30 times, its just carnage, but he got like 75 kills, lol

All in all ive a lot to learn yet but its promising

• 57. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                      Incredible_Mr

Regarding Bioshock, I just dont generally like games like that. I played the hell outa resi evil 4 back in the day, but now I just wana hop in and play a bit then back out. I might pick it up cheap and have another go, but it wont be for a while. I pre ordered Titanfall last night after watching angry joe`s review. The AI grunts really suck, which will assure I dont get humiliated, so I thought what the hell.

• 58. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                        WiimotesRus02

Turtle Beach it is then, they're in my cart for now, I'll go to check out when the Mrs aint around

Looks carefully over shoulder.. Oh btw, I swear a lot too

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next