1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 11:49 AM by like2nap03 Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?

I couldnt play with a mic tbh, but I guess in something like zombies/aliens it deffo helps.

• 61. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
          WiimotesRus02

I never bothered before because before I joined a clan I played solo all the time, but the clan have their own team speak which is great. I never hear anyone moan, trashing, music or squeakers, its a huge bonus..

• 62. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
            M4GNUM

Re: teamspeak

I've always been curious how that affects connections. I would think, in theory, it would drag your connection down since it is another streaming software your router has to accommodate. If that is true and it does affect your connection, then it will affect others in the lobby. What do you think?

Like split screen on the U. Great concept but horrible on the lobby connections. Always causes lag. Most people's routers can't handle one streaming game let alone someone else streaming another version of the same game on the same router. It's too much water through too small of a pipe. I know a couple who have 2 wii u's so they can both play at the same time, but independently. They always lag and cause lag, which you have to shake your head when they constantly complain about lag...they are causing it!

• 63. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
              WiimotesRus02

I see no difference with it on or off, its given me no advantage at all or my KDR would say otherwise. I play a lot solo and have no need to have it on, so I can rest assure you, I don't suffer any more or less with it on or off, never have in the past either. And if it causes lag for anyone else, again, it gives me no advantage.  It hardly has any bandwidth as far as I can tell.

• 64. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                M4GNUM

Okay...was just curious. I wasn't saying it would give you an advantage, but rather causing you more lag/disadvantage. Good to know it doesn't.

• 65. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                  WiimotesRus02

I understand what you meant, but it also seems that if people have poor internet and a strict nat that it can cause teleporting, and people can't hit you. Unfortunately, it seems that no one has problems hitting me. But yeah, its the same with or without my laptop on. Sometimes my son has been known to upload videos from his nexus tablet while I've been playing, and that causes me to bump into walls, walk through the same door a few times etc, I always know when he's doing that and I can't play until its finished..

• 66. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                    M4GNUM

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

I understand what you meant, but it also seems that if people have poor internet and a strict nat that it can cause teleporting, and people can't hit you. Unfortunately, it seems that no one has problems hitting me. But yeah, its the same with or without my laptop on. Sometimes my son has been known to upload videos from his nexus tablet while I've been playing, and that causes me to bump into walls, walk through the same door a few times etc, I always know when he's doing that and I can't play until its finished..

You need to be a router nazi like me. When I play, I lock everyone out. The router is mine and no one else's, LOL.

• 67. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                      WiimotesRus02

Just ordered these, should be here any time from Saturday to next Wednesday, if not sooner..

Official Wii U Turtle Beach Ear Force NLa Headset (Black) Wii U: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

• 68. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                        like2nap03

WiimotesRus02 wrote:

Turtle Beach it is then, they're in my cart for now, I'll go to check out when the Mrs aint around

Looks carefully over shoulder.. Oh btw, I swear a lot too

That's fine.  I try to not swear in general, but COD will make anyone cuss eventually.  I try to never curse, but it doesn't bother me if someone does.  It's just words.  Words don't bother me. 

• 69. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                          like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

Re: teamspeak

I've always been curious how that affects connections. I would think, in theory, it would drag your connection down since it is another streaming software your router has to accommodate. If that is true and it does affect your connection, then it will affect others in the lobby. What do you think?

Like split screen on the U. Great concept but horrible on the lobby connections. Always causes lag. Most people's routers can't handle one streaming game let alone someone else streaming another version of the same game on the same router. It's too much water through too small of a pipe. I know a couple who have 2 wii u's so they can both play at the same time, but independently. They always lag and cause lag, which you have to shake your head when they constantly complain about lag...they are causing it!

Teamspeak uses less bandwidth than skype and people play with that without issues.  If you're connection is good enough, and that's the only other thing going on on your network, then it won't matter.  It won't effect it anymore than normal chat in game will.  Heck it might even be better.  Who knows? 

I've used Teamspeak without noticing a difference even before I upgraded to my current internet.  It's not as simple to use as skype, but seems to work even better with fewer issues.  Skype liked to cut out on me and my clan a lot. 

1 5 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next