16 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2014 5:07 AM by jnikoley RSS

Roster Lock Question

I understand how Roster Lock works.  But here is my questions that is not addressed.  If you start a war with 10 members, and all 10 get a win and count toward the war.  If you then kick a member because they stop playing or only played one day and pick up a new member keeping your number at 10, will that new members wins count or will they not since 10 members have already contributed?  Just trying to decide if it's strategic to kick people mid war.

Thanks.

Latest reply: on Apr 2, 2014 5:07 AM by Replies: 16 in GHOSTS CLANS DISCUSSIONS
        • Test #1
          Re: Roster Lock Question

The roster lock will lock in your team that you have at the time of the roster lock.  Kicking out a player during the war will disable any ability to benefit from wins from that person.  Sadly, even though you now have one less player, you cannot add a new one.  Your new teammate can join the clan, but the wins will not count until the following war.  I'd advise that you kick the teammate after the war, since you may still get a couple wins out of him, and make the trade out after.

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 8:49 AM
            • Test #1

I'm not sure this is entirely correct.  The roster lock doesn't lock in players, it locks in the number of people that can contribute.  If I have 10 and add 2 after the lock, then the first 10 who get a win are the 10 that count.  I get that from the actual roster lock thread.  What it doesn't clarify is what happens if one of the first 10 leave or get kicked, does the next person who gets a win count since the roster lock is at 10 players?

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:01 AM
                • Test #1

The roster lock locks in your team and places you in a bracket according to the amount of players on your team at that time.  They do not allow players to join midway through the war due to the divisions.  It can be very easy for a team to exploit this by getting their team of average players into a bronze division war and swapping them for a more competitive set of players.  The other teams wouldn't stand a chance.  This system is meant to sustain equality among the divisions.

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:05 AM
                    • Test #1

That is not exactly what this says.

"

Roster Lock

In order for clans to be bracketed correctly we perform a count of the number of members in every clan around 24 hours before the start of each Clan War. This lock number is the limit of members your clan can have contributing wins in your Clan War division. The roster lock does not prevent clans from recruiting new members, but additional members beyond the lock number will not contribute towards that clan's wins."

It only mentions clan number limit. 

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:08 AM
                        • Test #1

Hmm. Well, last time I tried this was in the Antarctica clan war and it didn't work, but the rules of clan wars seem to change every second week.  Give it a try.  From my experience a couple months ago, it doesn't work, but they have double nodes now, so I suppose anything is possible.  Best of luck!

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:15 AM
                  • Test #1

To answer your question no if your are bracketed in the 10 and all ten of your members score and you then kick someone whose score has counted and you try to replace them no the new persons score will not count.

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:16 AM
                    • Test #1

Now if you are in the ten bracket and not all ten of your members score and your bring in more people only the first ten to score will actually have their score count, so if the clan leader is not in the first ten to score them the clan leaders score won't count..

The initial roster lock is based on the number not the people as each person scores then that number on the roster slot is assigned to a person ..... Hope that helps

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:25 AM
                      • Test #1

That makes sense.  Yes, it does get very confusing.  In that case it's better to hold on to dead weight just in case they pick up a win or two and make adjustments after the war.

Cheers.

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 9:43 AM
                        • Test #1

I have a question how do you get locked in to a clan wars or register for it?

Last Edited: Apr 1, 2014 11:27 PM
                          • Test #1

@Hicktownhunting

No, the new member will not count towards that CURRENT clan war because he was not listed when the rosters were locked.  But he or she will be there and ready to go for the next clan war, so there is something positive at least
                            Last Edited: Apr 2, 2014 4:31 AM