39 Replies Latest reply: Aug 11, 2014 2:45 PM by goddamcamper RSS

Information on Diamond Division and link to sign up

maccabi

So if your clan is eligible for Diamond (2 wins in platinum) the sign up page and details are now up.. on the website

check here http://www.callofduty.com/ghosts/features/clans/diamond

What do you guys think of the start times?

For my clan we cant enter Diamond as none of us play that early in the uk and the murican start times for us are midnight or 2am.

• Re: Information on Diamond Division and link to sign up
          mwfan55

I don't like any of the start times

tracy

Beachead have also recently tweeted, that if you want to take part in the next war - 29/1/14, then don't sign up for Diamond Division yet, wait until the war is active.

OUHATEME

Glad I waited and even though you can opt out as well this is information that should've been out prior to the invitations being sent... Back to what many of us want is a single place for information .

mwfan55

tracy wrote:

Beachead have also recently tweeted, that if you want to take part in the next war - 29/1/14, then don't sign up for Diamond Division yet, wait until the war is active.

The main question is, if you opted for Diamond division, will you play in the clan war starting Friday January 31? They haven't stated when Diamond division will start.

However, I can tell you this much, if you are in Diamond division, you will get the Patch automatically regardless where you place in the war. You just wont get the new rewards that will be out for Diamond if you don't win it. I already opted for the Diamond division.

tracy

The next clan war starts 29th Jan 14, if you want to do both they've said don't sign up until the war is active, here's the link

https://twitter.com/beachheadstudio/status/426863040559325184

mwfan55

tracy wrote:

The next clan war starts 29th Jan 14, if you want to do both they've said don't sign up until the war is active, here's the link

https://twitter.com/beachheadstudio/status/426863040559325184

I am very well aware of this twitter post. Read it the second it was posted by Beachhead studio.

We still don't know when the Diamond division will start. If you opt in the Diamond division, and it doesn't start this coming Friday, and you do not play the clan war on Wednesday ( because you opted for the Diamond division ) will you still get the Patch for Antarctica? This is what hasn't been addressed.

tracy

I have just re-checked the link provided by the OP and it clearly states

Further details will be released as the start of the first Diamond Division Clan War approaches in February 2014. Stay tuned to the free Call of Duty® app and follow @beachheadstudio on Twitter for more info.

Not to sound condescending but as far as I'm aware this Friday is the 31st Jan so I don't see diamond division starting this week - but until further details are released we could all be proven wrong, I'm just going on what's been said already in the original link.

It may be advisable to contact beachead directly to find out, so you have the oppurtunity to decide wether or not to opt out of diamond division for now to participate in the clan war and then opt back into diamond division once the war is active - that way you can ensure you get the patch.

maccabi

tracy wrote:

I have just re-checked the link provided by the OP and it clearly states

Further details will be released as the start of the first Diamond Division Clan War approaches in February 2014. Stay tuned to the free Call of Duty® app and follow @beachheadstudio on Twitter for more info.

Not to sound condescending but as far as I'm aware this Friday is the 31st Jan so I don't see diamond division starting this week - but until further details are released we could all be proven wrong, I'm just going on what's been said already in the original link.

It may be advisable to contact beachead directly to find out, so you have the oppurtunity to decide wether or not to opt out of diamond division for now to participate in the clan war and then opt back into diamond division once the war is active - that way you can ensure you get the patch.

if you opt into diamond you CANNOT play in this coming clan war

mwfan55

UPDATE:

Here is what I gathered so far. To receive the Antarctica Patch you must play this clan war. You will not receive this patch if you opt for Diamond Division. However, once the Diamond division starts, you will receive the Patch from the Platinum division and below automatically just for being in Diamond division, regardless of where you place.

So I had to opt out of diamond and will opt back in once this clan war is over.

OUHATEME

mwfan55 thanks for the update ,, information is coming at a slow pace .

samprotagonist

That's true - it's also worth noting that once opted in to Diamond you are effectively opting out of the regular Clan Wars (which is why you'll receive the regular patches automatically).

Additionally, any division wins you get in Diamond count towards your Platinum win-count, so if you're missing rewards for whatever reason you can still earn them in Diamond.

mwfan55

samprotagonist wrote:

That's true - it's also worth noting that once opted in to Diamond you are effectively opting out of the regular Clan Wars (which is why you'll receive the regular patches automatically).

Additionally, any division wins you get in Diamond count towards your Platinum win-count, so if you're missing rewards for whatever reason you can still earn them in Diamond.

Good to see you again samprotagonist. Haven't seen you since last year in the BO2 clan forum. I have stated this once, twice, three times, etc. there needs to be better communication from Beachhead Studio on updates about clans. There needs to be support for clans as well. We have to hunt down information from different sources on twitter, swordfish, charlies intel, etc. just to get the full scope of changes. Even with twitter, I would say 90% of all questions asked to Beachhead and Beachhead reps DO NOT get answered.

This is the 3rd year we are going into clans samprotagonist with Beachhead Studios, when do you think you guys will get full support and communication for your customers?

tracy

Glad to see you finally got a straight answer, so at least you can have the best of both, good luck in the wars and Diamond Division, not that you need it

mwfan55

tracy wrote:

Glad to see you finally got a straight answer, so at least you can have the best of both, good luck in the wars and Diamond Division, not that you need it

Thanks Tracy. Actually, we never needed luck, but the times of Diamond Division are horrible. Not sure I will have the full support of my clan for this one. We all decided we would try it out the first time and see how it goes. Worst case situation earn all the rewards for Diamond and just let it go. We have reached max level on all 3 COD games, time for a break

tracy

Could I also ask, what are the times they have offered, as my clan is not eligble yet, so I can't see the times they have decided on, thanks in advance

Yeah we opted out as there is no way we'll be able to play three days in a row at a given four hour window. We'll just continue to rock Platinum when we can and want to play.

maccabi

In other news..

the times the diamond wars run is horribad unless you happen to be 'murican, my clan cant enter (uk) as none of us can play at 6pm really dont know why the start times are so early or why american gets two start times and the rest of the world basically gets 1.

for us the start times work out as

6pm

12am

2am

I just stikes me as odd given the core demographic of cod players is 20 twenty something with jobs, families ect they decide to start the wars when the majority wouldn't play

Yup, +1 hour for me, just isn't going to happen.

Bielsalmighty

Maybe they just felt it was the EU playerbase's turn to get shafted by a start time

samprotagonist

The start time for each Diamond Division session was decided by active player numbers over a 4 hour period. The start or end times may not be convenient for everyone, but there is no start and end time that works for 100% of players in each region.

That said, we'll monitor the uptake on Diamond Division and if it's evident that starting and finishing later would get more involvement we'll revise it for the next sessions.

maccabi

samprotagonist wrote:

The start time for each Diamond Division session was decided by active player numbers over a 4 hour period. The start or end times may not be convenient for everyone, but there is no start and end time that works for 100% of players in each region.

That said, we'll monitor the uptake on Diamond Division and if it's evident that starting and finishing later would get more involvement we'll revise it for the next sessions.

for uk and europe

clan ops in elite were 8pm

clan wars start 8pm

as it stands america has 2 start times, europe and the uk (not even mentioning any where else) has one

how about instead of waiting and seeing what happens ask the community now? as as it stands you have given us in europe a time when the majority of us with families, jobs ect wouldnt be able to play.

samprotagonist

The percentage of Call of Duty players who comment, post, read Twitter etc is very low compared to the total number who play - hence using activity data from the game itself which represents the entire player base. We're not suggesting we've nailed it first time out, but player activity suggests it to be a good place to start.

The reason for two start times in the US versus one in Europe is the spread of timezones - a 3 hour spread (east coast vs west coast) in the US is effectively the entire Clan War period.

maccabi

samprotagonist wrote:

The percentage of Call of Duty players who comment, post, read Twitter etc is very low compared to the total number who play - hence using activity data from the game itself which represents the entire player base. We're not suggesting we've nailed it first time out, but player activity suggests it to be a good place to start.

The reason for two start times in the US versus one in Europe is the spread of timezones - a 3 hour spread (east coast vs west coast) in the US is effectively the entire Clan War period.

I agree twitter isnt the best place, but its a start along with the forums which until today beachhead have ignored continually even though the majority of the posts are about clan wars and issues with clan wars. Twitter seems to be a good enough avenue for your to discuss every other aspect of clan wars with the community trey is constantly replying as is felix gallo at siesmic. why would it hurt you to tweet a question to the clans and ask them? its called feedback

and again player activity is a good place to start ..emphasis on a good place to START... does your player data tell you the age of the people playing? no it doesn't

now lets look at common sense

the weekend is traditional a time when people play later on , or go out because its the weekend

6pm uk is usually a time the majority of players are either eating dinner, spending time with their families or otherwise busy. It's not just the uk players europeans aren't overally happy with the 7pm start either.

you have given the americans 2 slots, yes there's a three hour window meaning East coasters have two opportunities to enter, early in the evening or later in the evening. West coasters have afternoon or early evening

Europe and uk has either depending on time zone 6/7pm   or midnight/1am or 2am/3am  this which ever way you look at it is NOT fair at all.

Simple answer give US in Europe/uk  another time slot as well I would suggest a 9pm gmt /10pm cet slot.

Again just look back at clan operations in elite.. people constantly complained about 8pm start times.

currently you have cater to adult players in america and to put it bluntly kids in europe who do not have any real life responsibilities past you decided to start the clan wars at a time traditionally when people eat dinner .

My clan who has competed in every clan war in platinum cannot enter diamond because we cant compete at those times as we all have real life commitments

We arent asking for a anything other than fairness.

samprotagonist

It certainly isn't an unfair request, and it's definitely been heard, however the times for the first Diamond Division are set and they were based on the volume of all Call of Duty players playing the game in each region. Based on the feedback in this thread alone we'll be looking into alternate start times for the future, however we're already set for this first outing.

maccabi

samprotagonist wrote:

It certainly isn't an unfair request, and it's definitely been heard, however the times for the first Diamond Division are set and they were based on the volume of all Call of Duty players playing the game in each region. Based on the feedback in this thread alone we'll be looking into alternate start times for the future, however we're already set for this first outing.

so the antarctic clan wars starts at 8pm as usual why doesnt that start at 6pm uk time?, diamond division starts at 6pm for uk.. and doesn't happen to the end of the week yet you cant change one simple thing in the space of what 4 days ? why start clan wars off excluding a large majority of the player base seems counter productive to me  , you should act on feedback proactively where possible not retroactively.

as for your previous comment about twitter and feedback, every change to clan wars has basically come from feedback from twitter and here and reddit.

but i and im sure the community does appreciate beachhead finally coming onto the forums and answering our concerns hopefully we will now see more of you guys as like i said a large majority of posts are about clan wars and issues with clan wars .

the wrestler

The people at Beachhead are fvcking idiots.

Why not just give us ALL the info? Why this hiding parts of it?

I love how it's not letting me sign up :/

smoovemoneygrip

Is there anything wrong with the link I can't sign up. ...

LiveLong247

how do you opt out of diamond divison n go bk to platinum?

Porjd

Where exactly do we sign up. Ive been to the link and it tells me to sign in, but when i do i just takes me to a cod page and says nithing about registering. Please help.

KillerStrayWolf

whenever I click on the link provided to opt in to the diamond clan wars then it takes me to a page with the clan war map and nothing else. There are no scroll bars, button, or anything on the page... It extremely frustrating. I have also clicked the on the diamond invite on the app clan wars page and still nothing. All it wants to do is take me to a page that provides more info. My clan has won 2 platinum division wars.. We are just trying to figure out how in the heck we can advance.

OUHATEME

When this post was created that link did work ,, however beachhead had given up on that link and it has not worked since February . If your trying to opt in you need to do it through the app.

goddamcamper

its not you its the app    you see how long it takes for  some to just get a camo.  Agent from activision told me they are still trying to figure out rewards from last clan war. You have thousands upon thousands of people that need to be rewarded with something or another and the system cannot keep up. Some clans get lucky and get it two days later   but many of us do not get it till later. i currently have a case with activision right now because we did not get the invite it either.If you are the clan leader   go to activision support and start a ticket.  Some clans have had to win 3 plat before they got the invite.   sucks for us that work hard to achieve something and it is not  given  in a timely manor but nothing we can do but wait  and not to kill your dream.....but if you do not get it before rosters lock  you will be put in plat division again. good luck