1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 92 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2014 11:49 AM by like2nap03 Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
        WiimotesRus02

like2nap03 wrote:

I've used Teamspeak without noticing a difference even before I upgraded to my current internet.

Yeah same here, now I have fibre optic,, and I apologise in advance for my bad language

• 71. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
          WiimotesRus02

Wow my headset arrived two days early. Now going to try them out, though I doubt many people will be on at this time of the morning..

• 72. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
            WiimotesRus02

I'm finding them ridiculously quiet for some reason, does the volume go any higher? I have the game volume settings to max yet I can hardly hear a thing. May need some help..

• 73. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
              like2nap03

Hmmm....people have mentioned them not being loud enough, but I've never heard ridiculously quiet.  At least not on that model.  It was always the other model people complained about.  Gamepad volume is all you got.  If they aren't loud enough then I would return them and try something else.  The Tritton's cost more, but I've never heard someone complain about them being too quiet.  Or forget the "name brand" models and get something else.  Like I said they're just stereo headphones.  Nothing special about them. 

It's possible that the jack isn't getting a good connection for some reason.  That would make them a lot quieter.  If you slowly twist the the jack while connected, and they get louder, then something is wrong with them.  Well, either that or something is wrong with your gamepad stereo jack, but it's probably the headphones. 

• 74. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                WiimotesRus02

I can hear people ok, but the game levels are so quiet its really hard to make out anything, I have a feeling something is wrong, the jack socket fits really tight, I tried all the fiddling and twisting but nothing made a difference. A fella I was talking to (a Brit) said his was the same, and said its a safety thing because people complained about ear damage, but I don't know, I'll look into it more..

• 75. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                  BobbyMcGee

ghosts is more quiet than blops 2, but running amplify you will easily make out footsteps etc. try listening to some music on pandora through your cell and youll see what i mean, i doubt theres anything wrong with your headset.

• 76. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                    M4GNUM

BobbyMcGee wrote:

ghosts is more quiet than blops 2, but running amplify you will easily make out footsteps etc. try listening to some music on pandora through your cell and youll see what i mean, i doubt theres anything wrong with your headset.

^ this. I have PDP Wireless Afterglows and those things are amazing, but will blow my eardrums if I'm not careful.

WiimotesRus02 : This is a failure on IW's part, not your headset. 3A had the best sound I've heard in BO2. Their speaker test under 'options' got me a few complaints from neighbors. Sound was amazing. IW should have at least did a separate game sound vs chat sound like 3A did. At the BARE minimum they should have done that. If you want to sound-whore or at least turn the game up for Pete's sake, you have to hear people screaming over chat as well. So dumb. That's why sometimes I plug the transmitter into my receiver and use them wirelessly with no chat. You can hear a gnat's fart from across the map.

I have a friend who bought the Turtle Beach X11's and uses some weird adapter thingy to separate the game play vs chat on the U. Pretty cool, but after a while he wasn't happy with the sound/mic.

• 77. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                      BobbyMcGee

i have wireless afterglows too. i returned them like three times for dumb reasons (girlfriends godkids got grease on them for example) and every time the new pair was improved; better cushion on band, turning earpieces etc. i love them. counting manufacturer warranty and the extended one i bought i have three years, then im returning them just before its up for a new pair ...iw f'd up with the audio options for sure.

• 78. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                        WiimotesRus02

Is the game meant to be quiet through the headset, so you can just hear chat clearly? I mean using them with tv audio off is almost impossible to play. If its mainly for voice chat then I can understand..

• 79. Re: Switching from wiimote to normal controller - any tips?
                          like2nap03

M4GNUM wrote:

BobbyMcGee wrote:

^ this. I have PDP Wireless Afterglows and those things are amazing, but will blow my eardrums if I'm not careful.

I have a friend who bought the Turtle Beach X11's and uses some weird adapter thingy to separate the game play vs chat on the U. Pretty cool, but after a while he wasn't happy with the sound/mic.

That's a good idea.  Not too pricey either. 

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next