7 Replies Latest reply: Apr 3, 2014 1:22 PM by Highwayman0226 RSS

Knife question

Highwayman0226

The "panic knife" thread reminded me of this.

Why does it show knife animation sometimes, and other times people just slash without breaking stride?

• Re: Knife question
          matuzz

Tactical Knife only has the slash I believe.

darkrangeresp

If you kill somebody with the combat knife the kill cam will always say combat knife reguardless of whether it was the tactical knife, the raw combat knife or if you just used a melee attack when equipped with a primary weapon.  Also, The grab and stab animation is for when you knife with a gun or just the plain combat knife.  If you are using the tac knife attachment on a pistol or if you slide into somebody and knife them then you don't have to go through the grab and stab animation.  Hope this explains everything.

Highwayman0226

Good info, but the tac knife attachment jabs, rather than slashes.  What I'm talking about is the animation like they are swinging at a satcom or sentry gun.  I've been seeing a lot more slashing kills like this, just bypassing the stab animation.  Wondering if it's a glitch, hack, or something else.

phxs72

I pretty much don't use the tactical knife.  I have seen the combat knife slash instead of stab but I'm not sure what causes it.  Most of the time it stabs but there must be some sequence that causes the slash.  Could be distance from the opponent or may be opponent position or possibly related to sliding or running maybe?  All I know is that once in awhile it will slash.