11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 8, 2014 8:22 PM by lykbutta RSS

I thought CoD was done with Dash boarding?

Jaggajatt187

I was playing TDM last night. I joined a lobby and there was this guy trash talking everyone, I guess he had been dominating the previous games.... I checked and his KD was 2.1.

We get into the match and another player & I went ham status. We got the usual profanity hurled our way. Next game I had ~25 kills in the first 3 minutes and just when I get my second Gryphon the guy who was mouthing off left the game and I experienced my first next gen Dashboarding.

I had a feeling I've been playing on the "listen" servers as the insta-kills have made a massive comeback, now its confirmed I guess. It happened Twice more in the following games.

Has anyone else experienced dashboarding?

• Re: I thought CoD was done with cash boarding?
          kuljuarenot

I don't know man, I have noticed for a while now that the connection does a 180 after a certain person leaves the game. 

Jaggajatt187

Yeah I see this too. The connection has been spotty for a while now. Its as if damage registers all at once, leading to the dreaded insta-deaths.

I was playing on freight and a guy killed me instantly with a silenced Bison from all the way across the rail road tracks. I know that SMGs have been buffer but that was ridiculous. I tried to see if it recorded but haven't gotten the share recording controls down yet.

I know the OP has "cash boarding" instead of dashboarding. I'm on my phone and it won't let me edit the OP. Autocorrect.

kuljuarenot

It all as to do with connection dude.  The bizon death from long range is hard to stomach, but I've done the same to a lot to people with the mtar-x, and have been on the other end of it too, it sucks, but that's the way this game is.  I've played enough call of duty and am good enough to know when something is not right, so I back out and try to connect to a better lobby.  Welcome to new age COD.

• Re: I thought CoD was done with Dash boarding?
                malditor

This is why, no matter how well I am doing, I don't talk crap. In this game, connection can make you seem like a god or incompetent.

Anyone can have a nice KD since you can play squads against bots and it will count as long as your opponent is human. Its not even cheating. Thats why pro-clans recruit based on knowing you, SPM and W/L.

I only play objective gamemodes and a K/D over 2,5 screams camper

Rumours have it they will scrap the KD variable in an update not long from now according to Asian articles.

Skittl3z4u

i have a a 2.8KD, 11.51WL, with 5 days, 22 hours through 9 prestiges. I dont know how to determine SPM since its now score per game, but id imagine its 3-400 in tdm, kc or dom even higher. i rush alot, not everyone with high kd's camp. If you see a high kd but they have a low win loss, then they probably camp because i have a high kd and i almost always make a difference for my team, i can lift them most of the time. Went on a 576 Win streak in tdm, kc, dom and so on mostly solo, maybe 100 with 2 or more in my party

Skittl3z4u

Not trying to brag either, i have my bad games like everyone else

Jaden198

All the 11.51 w/l tells me is that you play in a party....all the time.  All the 576 win streak tells me is you either A.  Play in a party all the time or B. back out of games you're going to lose.  It is far too easy achieve the win streak for anyone to be pointing to it as a measure of their skill. 

I highly doubt that you managed 576 wins in a row without A or B being true.  One man doesn't "lift" a team of randoms 576 times in a row

If you see a high k/d with a low win loss, it's quite possible they play solo!

That said, congrats on your stats.  We're all in awe of your greatness!

lykbutta

Yea...I posted about this the other night. A clan we were playing (they had 6) and we had a close game on StoneHaven. After we went up by about 20, they all dropped and game forfeited. We get back in the lobby, and it throws em in there. We noticed them again because they were all 10th prestiges, but they were telling a member of their team "the way we backed out, we don't get hit with the loss or hurt our KDR".

So 5 out of the 6 were negative, like 3-5 and 6-8 type deal. we scrolled over to look at their last game and none of them were negative. The one dude who had been talking wreckless ( I would post his name but that's against the rules ) was the 6-8 guy, and his last game showed 22.00 KDR.

WE we spoke up and said "oh so we get you guys again" and they backed out quick since they hadn't realized it just yet.

I love hoppin on ps4 and playing with my friends and talking smack. We can string together some awesome streaks , but 576?!? I can see that with a full party, but you are telling me running solo just by luck you have never jumped into a losing game. Riiiiiiight. When we lose, we just take the loss and move on. It's not that serious.