11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2014 4:43 AM by AngryBus97 RSS

Why No Pause Menu for Solo Play?

PatMoran

Honestly, why doesn't Extinction have some sort of pause menu when you play solo? Its so inconvenient. What if something happens in my house that I have to attend to right away or someone comes over & I have to open the door in the middle of taking down a hive? I cant pause to attend to those interruptions. They can do it in single player, Treyarch can do it in their zombies mode, why can't IW or Neversoft put in a legitimate pause menu to actually stop the gameplay? Is there something that holds them back from doing it? Ive never understood it.

• Re: Why No Pause Menu for Solo Play?
          gramthenOOb

I will admit that this issue has at times been the deciding factor between me playing multiplayer or extinction.  Barring a game at a supremely late/early time of day, I can never guarantee that I will be able to play uninterrupted for the hour the game mode demands.  I feel that this is something that should be patched in come the early May monthly update.

AngryBus97

This definitely needs to be fixed. I know zombies is longer and obviously needs a pause, but extinction still should as well.

Bowey1988

To be honest, there is no plausible answer to your question, I suppose we just have to sit tight and hope for the best ^^

ROXSTARUK

This feature is so desperately needed! It would be nice if in any mode of the game the party leader could use some sort of pause or time-out feature allowing us to restock on beers, toilet run or whatever..

Has anyone actually timed how long you can wait between swarms before a Rhino or similar just pops up? I always make a frantic dash to whatever (door, beer fridge, etc) but I bet there is probably a good 2 or 3 minutes you can hang around before the game comes and gets you.

Bowey1988

Very true, I've noticed on Mayday there are big gaps between waves if the drill goes unplanted.

To add on that does POC and Nightfall still have minor waves in between drill planting? as in immediately

AngryBus97

As a warning, aliens will spawn in the times between when you have planted a drill in a new section, e.g. If you plant the drill after destroying the first breeder in nightfall, aliens will spawn in between drill plants, but they will not spawn if you didn't plant for the first hive for that section.

On Mayday there is unlimited time between barrier hives and doors once you have destroyed all the hives in each area. Figureatively, there are 7 moments where aliens will not spawn at all (excluding running past crates with aliens in them).

-As soon as you spawn, kill the alien that comes out of the crate and thats it. Doors do not affect spawn.

-After destroying the first 2 hives. Doors do not affect spawn.

-After killing the 'tentacle'. Doors do not affect spawn.

-After destroying the last hive to gain access to the 'crane' button. Doors do not affect spawn.

-After destroying the hives on the main deck (outside). Doors do not affect spawn.

-After destroying the 3 final hives. Doors do not affect spawn and unlimited time between releasing the chlorine gas.

-After the 'chlorine gas' section. Doors do not affect spawn.

Nightfall (4):

-As soon as you spawn, kill the alien that comes out of the crate and thats it.

-After 'killing' the breeder (first barrier hive).

-After finishing the second section and gaining access to the compound.

-After finishing the compound section and not moving into the breeder arena.

Point Of Contact (4):

-As soon as you spawn.

-After destroying the first barrier hive.

-After destroying the second barrier hive.

-After destroying the thirteenth hive and not arming the nuke.

Hope this helps! Remember that these are also perfect opportunities to search the crates and set up ammo etc, for your team!

OUHATEME

It would be a plus to have this added.  I bet if we don't let whoever is in charge of the pause button to use the restroom until it is added it would happen pretty quick. I'm just sayin.

I Absoultely agree ... My own view is they didn't add it because extinction was meant to be played co-op but with the excellent support for this game ( shocking as it's cod ) I think they should and most probably will add it