18 Replies Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 1:52 PM by Schoat333 RSS

whats with all of the internet toughguys?

why does the call of duty community have so much hatred for one another? I can get into a lobby, tell the lobby, "whats up" and get cussed out, called names, and trolled for the match. I know it is easy for someone behind a mic to act like they are a bad mofo, but come on. This just seems to be getting worse by the year. I know i could just mute everyone, but that doesn't happen in killzone. Are we all that immature?

• Test #1
          Re: whats with all of the internet toughguys?

IMO because you have loads more kids from xbox 360 who moved to ps4

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 1:46 AM
          • Test #1

In general it's because people are just trying to distract you. Most times I'll here somebody talk crap like that pre game and once in the game and on my team they are laughing and crap. People tend to play worse when they are annoyed or angry and this is something people will exploit. Same thing with people making random annoying sounds or playing loud music in the pre-game lobby. The more they annoy the less focused the opponents will be usually. Psychological warfare. Of course there are those people who really are just complete pricks and are angry all the time too. Those people, I assume, have other issues going on and they use online gaming to vent their frustrations out in a safe manner since there's no real repercussions for them.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 5:54 AM
              • Test #1

This is most likely the reason. The thing is, people are bad at it. The best psychological warfare involves some truth behind it. Saying you're going to take my mom on a date is a bit silly and has no effect. Using truth, such as a player's K/D ratio or W/L ratio will get to them. Letting them know you're going to camp the a certain area the whole game, and do so, will really get to the players. I have some other tricks that I will keep to myself but I really love getting to them.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 8:09 AM
                  • Test #1

So true, usually lobby leaderboard or a playercard already is enough to frazzle a lot of players. Or people will call out good players to try to psych them out. Sometimes the 10th prestige is very intimidating as well.

Silence is the best response, then just proceed to mow down a team, get a few spawn kills and savor their reactions afterwards. Those tough guys usually don't stay for very long afterwards.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 8:27 AM
                      • Test #1

Very true, I regularly play with the 3rd ranked crank player and people will constantly call him out. Typically they don't even last the whole game before they are gone, although some try a few games before they just give up.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 8:30 AM
                          • Test #1

I wish I could get Cranked games I rarely ever see more than 450 in the lobby when there are 50k+ people online. "No games found" all the time...

But yeah, I used to party up with the 7th ranked Cranked player a lot until he max prestiged (he's dropped to 8th now). Every other game people would start mouthing off at him, he'd do his usual routine of destroying them and they'd leave without saying another word lmao. It's pretty pathetic; they must feel invincible behind their TV screen. I don't have a mic, but I'd probably just leave it off unless someone wants callouts.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 2:02 PM
                          • Test #1

They never do. The thing about internet tough guys is that most of the time, they are weak in real life. Bring up facts about bullies, which applies to internet tough guys, such as they feel unloved by family and that they are most likely bullied at school, so they lash out anonymously on the game to help them feel better. Then start trying to coddle them by reminding them their family loves them, that they should put the game down and give their parents a hug and speak to them about how they are bullied at school. Trust me, you will get squeekers screaming when you point out their truths.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 8:42 AM
                      • Test #1

I really started to take notice of this behavior around MW2.  In order for me to continue to enjoy this game I am forced to mute all but friends.  On my PS3 I also used to block incoming messages from non-friends because of the fairly frequent "tough-guy" email I would receive.  It's amazing how brave people pretend to be when they can remain anonymous.

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 6:14 AM
                        • Test #1

its all part of the game. and any competitive game. we call it trash talk. throws your game off

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 11:55 AM
                          • Test #1

say haha to the haters and talk with those who talk right to you!!!

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 3:01 PM
                            • Test #1

Personaly, i play the game to unwind. My clan and I have recently adopted the party chat for several reasons. 1 so we can hear each other, and not having to talk over anyone else. And 2, so we don't have to listen to squekers and fools.

but I have to admit, I don't mind the people that get on and say hi. But when they take it further and start to ask you where your from what you do for a living what colour jocks you wear really starts to p me off!

Last Edited: Apr 17, 2014 3:46 PM
                              • Test #1

The more people that pick up on the "the thing" to do..that is CoD. The more you get the people that are actually cowards in real life. They get to say what they wouldn't even if someone paid them out in the open.

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2014 12:21 PM
                                • Test #1

Everyone thinks they are the next youtube troll. They are probably recording reactions.

Last Edited: Apr 18, 2014 1:52 PM