19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2014 8:04 PM by usmckickzazz RSS

GHOSTS error 4096

Since the download of latest Camo's and Ripper the error 4096 and loading the profile is horrible when trying to boot PS4 Ghosts with Profile.  Seems like the advertisements don't have time to load and causes the Profile not to load.  Are they close to fixing this issue yet?

• Re: GHOSTS error 4096
          Misterecho007

I have the same problem now since weeks. i did everything the guy in facebook activision assist gave me.

Nothing works:

reinstalled the game. done

rebuilt database done

changing port done

and i have a 20 mega optic cable connection wtf is wrong ? for a service i paid 50 $ a years...

And iam tired of this. i gona ask advice to some association of consumption in Montreal.

cajun4life78

I have the same issue, I just have to keep trying to reload the screen over and over again until it finally gets through. What is really funny is that, everything in the background seems to load except those advertisements like the other person mention. I thought for a second that it was the fact that I went from the PS3 to the PS4, and back and forth all the time. But I also have tried everything mention above, about rebuild database and etc., and yet it is still happening.

KC_KREW

Guys- if you are getting the constant" fetching profile " loop, When starting to play online, go to online store first,click on it-let it load up completely, back out, then click on multiplayer, play online. She should load up and go for you. Just a workaround, not  the permanent fix, we will have to get an update patch for that. good luck.

Hosman

I Found a 100% working fix is to go right to the store from multiplayer.  Once the store loads back out and go to "play online". works every time for me now when I used to spend 1/2hr trying to get it.  You have to do this as soon as you load multiplayer Before you try playing online otherwise it doesn't work.  Bottom line they need to fix this tho

oRLsx317o

I get the 4096 message EVERY OTHER time I load up Ghosts and try to get online now.

The game has been messed up since the Dom/KC hotfix (which is ironic, because the intended effects of the patch were requested for such a long time)...it's like the only perk I can pick is lag pro. Bullets not registering 80% of the time, and seriously bad matchmaking, that was supposedly meant for clan wars purposes but wasn't reversed after. That, and I'm getting kicked out of full lobbies 5 seconds before a match starts, or I finish one terrible game and get kicked out after. Certainly not fun on cranked where it's so hard to find a game now, or a playable one at least.

BanHaMMer

Still getting this error after a month, so are my clan mates

Jeremysmokin420

The most simple way I have found to solve it is this.

!. Close Ghosts.
                      2. Sign out of the PSN, then sign back in.
                      3. Open Ghosts and go back into multiplayer.

This has solved it everytime with almost no exceptions. just make sure if you are in a party chat you close that as well, or for some unknown reason, it can interfere with your progress and stop you from clearing the error.  But there is no reason to reset your internet or ps4.

Hosman

Guys check my post above and let me know if it works for you.  I added the steps that work for me 100% of the time.

usmckickzazz

• 4096 problem

Jeremysmokin420 Apr 19, 2014  

The most simple way I have found to solve it is this.

1. 1. The exact order is go to multiplayer, select store BEFORE you select play online.  Once the store loads THEN back out to multiplayer menu and select play on line.  Have not had a problem since using this method. Let me know if it works for you.      

OR

1. 2. Close Ghosts.
                            Sign out of the PSN, then sign back in.
                            Open Ghosts and go back into multiplayer

This has solved it everytime with almost no exceptions. just make sure if you are in a party chat you close that as well, or for some unknown reason, it can interfere with your progress and stop you from clearing the error.  But there is no reason to reset your internet or ps4.