21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 21, 2014 5:48 PM by slyd0g55 RSS

The Slime that Plagues the Forums?

slyd0g55

The whole Camper thread! Camp for KD , Camp For Stats , Camp for emblems ,Camp ,why is this four letter word Camp getting more active response than  previous four letter words? We can get really annoyed with comments , we can get offensive , we start preaching ...... Is this the slime that plagues, or fuels the fire for members?

• Re: The Slime that Plagues the Forums?
          tracy

As you have probably already noticed, no matter what game, people will always complain about - campers, run n gunners, OP weapons/perks and kill-support streaks. It's human nature and will unfortunately never change. Personally I 'try' to stay away from these types of threads as it can turn ugly and things get nasty quick.

As far as I'm concerned people will play however they want - at the end of the day who is to say what the correct way to play we all paid good money to play exactly how we want and no amount of complaining will ever change this.

iHattoriHanzo0

Yep. I find the "the act of camping" topic to be one of the main topics that brings new people to the forums. It fuels enough frustration to have them create a forum name and then proceed to share their disgust without realizing there are already too many discussions about it. Then other players on that level will concur which creates a coalition.

Unfortunately for them, its a noob topic that the regulars and vets around the forums have seen way too much and have a better understanding that its not the camper thats the problem but more so the posters inability to control their emotions and perspective on "camping".

If you want a high populated thread, then bring up camping, spawning, lag, and quick-scoping. These are topics that never seem to burn out.

slyd0g55

After reading a members new topic dedicated, tomorrow he will start playing this way  "if ya can't beat em' join em' I thought wow another camp thread , was sadden by the view when opened the topic

"If you want a high populated thread, then bring up camping, spawning, lag, and quick-scoping. These are topics that never seem to burn out. "  - really unbelievable that players are so hung up on this 

DocChoi

It's true, people won't admit that sometimes they are unlucky. The one about lag really confuses me. Like when movies are being streamed while I try to game, I lag because of the lack of bandwidth, yet some posters think doing that eliminates lag and makes it easier to play. Yet when I play around with my router and change up the wifi channel and signal frequency, all of a sudden lag is gone and my download speed goes from 15-20 megs to 40 megs per second with over 10 upload, while my gameplay actually improves with a faster connection. So all this crap about hard wiring your console and having terrible lag is a bunch of baloney IMO.

The camping vs rushing threads get really old, its literally beating a previously beaten dead horse. Players consistently bring this up because they think they can go into any random lobby and suddenly play a competitive playstyle and expect to do well. Most casual players don't train enough to get their reflexes fast enough to do well in that regard and when they get shot by ANYONE (camper, rusher), they scream noob, hacker etc. The thing is, casual players are the ones that most often complain, the dedicated ones already troubleshooted the problem and I would say most of us are beyond the problem of having campers ruin our games.

Good job on putting this in OT, at least we can get some intelligent discussion going.

Izjar11

DocChoi wrote:

It's true, people won't admit that sometimes they are unlucky. The one about lag really confuses me. Like when movies are being streamed while I try to game, I lag because of the lack of bandwidth, yet some posters think doing that eliminates lag and makes it easier to play. Yet when I play around with my router and change up the wifi channel and signal frequency, all of a sudden lag is gone and my download speed goes from 15-20 megs to 40 megs per second with over 10 upload, while my gameplay actually improves with a faster connection. So all this crap about hard wiring your console and having terrible lag is a bunch of baloney IMO.

The camping vs rushing threads get really old, its literally beating a previously beaten dead horse. Players consistently bring this up because they think they can go into any random lobby and suddenly play a competitive playstyle and expect to do well. Most casual players don't train enough to get their reflexes fast enough to do well in that regard and when they get shot by ANYONE (camper, rusher), they scream noob, hacker etc. The thing is, casual players are the ones that most often complain, the dedicated ones already troubleshooted the problem and I would say most of us are beyond the problem of having campers ruin our games.

Good job on putting this in OT, at least we can get some intelligent discussion going.

The mo=rons who keep pushing the subject are in reality simply promoting it more and more. Rushing as we all know is the most effective way to play, this has not changed in Ghost, I have dealt with quality players who know how to move forward without flipping spawns, and they win through control. Funny, I keep trying to join your games Doc, but your always in a full lobby.

But you and your friend are high quality players, who know what they are doing.

DocChoi

Thanks for the props, good players attract good players. I find the same thing when I try to join others, always says the lobby is full. Send me an invite, I usually join if I'm not already partied up. Actually ran into a great party last night that kicked my butt a couple times with coordination, those were the games I wished I had the CTFI guys on my team.

slyd0g55

It's a real shame that this is a high volume topic, considering the positives to the game, but I guess if it all went smoothly there wouldn't be a discussion, It's crazy when I decided to give the forum a go I was not expecting Camp threads let alone seeing it or a new thread all the time.

Choice of game modes really should be pushed as this would secure modes in next release titles

Weapons, also with maps preferences with tips will encourage different tactics,

but no , the most intelligent way to draw a debate is to........ lol at ones preference 

ChestSplittah

The slime is... Folks that actually care. Well, actually the slime is and always has been the trail that Jinx's Sister left behind. We still can't find anything to clean itt up.

Izjar11

slyd0g55 wrote:

The whole Camper thread! Camp for KD , Camp For Stats , Camp for emblems ,Camp ,why is this four letter word Camp getting more active response than  previous four letter words? We can get really annoyed with comments , we can get offensive , we start preaching ...... Is this the slime that plagues, or fuels the fire for members?

This is normal with noobs to the game, ( i once wrote a camper complaint thread) in Mw3 after getting frustrated. But I realized, quickly the fault was mine.

But yes, this plague of mentioning it is on high demand, because players are promoting it via bashing it they are cause more of it.

BanHaMMer

I created a Thread once,  'once' mind you. Can't really come up with an interesting topic, to many clever ones at times flying around. Of course, there are the easy ones as people have said. Maybe by the time COD 15 is released, I will think of an interesting Topic

slyd0g55

Lol , high demand , Camp is like a curse word, The more it's used it becomes part of the social structure, noobs new to it, throw it around like new ball.

I like to now associate that word with slime , a greasy layer of sh!t, good for nothing and causes problems 

Using it in, game scenario , I accept it for what it is, But to see it constantly here (and it now starting for me , see it without the word camp in the topic ,yet when you open it , it's there) in the forums ,maybe it deservers it's own category? 

Like iHattoriHanzo0 stated it with along with lag , spawning , and QS-ing ,topics that never seem to burn out    

FalconR6

"Why does Lag Compensation favor campers that use Over Powered weapons, and kill me before I have even spawned........ this and more, tonight, at 6....."

Ron Burgandy Finishes Drink Quickly Anchorman Ron Burgundy Finishes Drink Quickly

Campers complain too so you aren't taking a stand against anyone.

slyd0g55

I'm neither supporting a camper or promoting it , more along the lines, it's a plague to the forums." It feeds on complaints and somehow becomes knowledgeable"

I patrol , but I wouldn't come here to claim I'm getting the better of players or it's my preferred style, via topic

But you said in your reply -   "Campers complain too" -Then come here and complain more with words, I don't understand where you got the notion that I was taking a stand? Boycott all threads with the word 'camp' involved? to answer that, I've started, But to get dooped into opening a thread ,like , From Tomorrow I will be......  well obviously this author is cunning, These threads are metaphorically " slime "    

nicedrewishfela

Campers, camping, etc has just become a Buzz Word.

The true meaning has gotten lost along the way.

WolfRidge

Camper threads are one of the main reasons I'm not that active on the forums these days, constructive criticism is good but threads that contain these inevitable complaints are just plain boring, it's all history repeating itself, visit any of the past forums they all read the same. 

People need to stop expecting the game to change, the players must adapt and change.

People are free to play how they choose.