11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2014 2:36 PM by mwfan55 RSS

Clan Tags

AN0NOM0US

Gold and red clan tags are not enough. There is a big difference between a level 11 clan and a level 20 clan or even a level 11 clan that has won 3 clan wars in diamond division, why not integrate clan wars into clan tags. Or even add more colors, to show clans that are progressing make them stand out

• Re: Clan Tags
          mwfan55

You are correct, clan tag colors are not enough. There needs to be something to show the clans that reached max clan level for all 3 games ( MW3, BO2, and Ghosts ) Clans on Ghosts are a joke. Very easy to reach level 25. Hell my clan got our Red clan tags early January.

Guy8915

You do realise that your clan no longer exists on MW3 or BO2. Elite was discontinued making your clan go bye bye with it therefore making it impossible to determine who actually got to max level on both. It might be easy for larger clans to get the red clan tags who have started from the beginning but not the smaller groups who dont wanna invite 90 randoms just to get the tags earlier than most.

mwfan55

Guy8915 wrote:

You do realise that your clan no longer exists on MW3 or BO2. Elite was discontinued making your clan go bye bye with it therefore making it impossible to determine who actually got to max level on both.

They had the opportunity to do it before the "bye bye" you mentioned. They chose not to reward clans with their past accomplishments. So basically you are asking for an extra reward for an easier clan system???? You can " bye bye that" it won't happen.

Guy8915 wrote:

It might be easy for larger clans to get the red clan tags who have started from the beginning but not the smaller groups who dont wanna invite 90 randoms just to get the tags earlier than most.

Before you judge my clan's size on our achievement based on our size you want to find out what size our clan is first. We reached level 50 MW3, Level 50 BO2 ( First clan to reach level 50 with all Gold badges) and Max level on Ghosts ( Early January ) WITH LESS THAN 25 MEMBERS. We did not have 90 randoms in our clan, we did not boost, we did not cheat. What we had was pure dedication.

Match what we did and you will understand why your " bye bye' comment is complete garbage and why what you ask for is worthless compared to what others have accomplished.

Guy8915

Whos asking for an extra reward exactly?? not me. being max level on ghosts means nothing other than you and your clan mates have put an awful lot of time in to the game. its hardly prestigious to be able to play a lot. it took us 2 months to get max level so i have achieved what you have (on ghosts anyway, Blops 2 sucked and i did reach max on mw3, 21st clan to do so)

Pure dedication?? Really, its a computer game, you dont have to be dedicated to switch that on button and play a few games of COD

mwfan55

Guy8915 wrote:

Whos asking for an extra reward exactly?? not me.

Then don't comment. The OP was asking for extra rewards and you had to butt in.

Guy8915 wrote:

being max level on ghosts means nothing other than you and your clan mates have put an awful lot of time in to the game.

That's the point I made, and the point that I tried to explain is that there should be a reward to show past achievements not just current since reaching max prestige on Ghosts is a joke. You missed the point ???????

Guy8915 wrote:

i have achieved what you have (on ghosts anyway, Blops 2 sucked and i did reach max on mw3, 21st clan to do so)

No you have not achieved what we achieved, you failed to complete BO2. Real dedication is not about going for rewards, it is about completing it, rewards or no rewards. In your case, your clan saw no rewards for BO2 so you didn't even try. Hence, you failed.

Guy8915 wrote:

Pure dedication?? Really, its a computer game, you dont have to be dedicated to switch that on button and play a few games of COD

If it does not require dedication to play all clan operations on MW3, BO2 and play with your clan on a daily basis to reach max clan level in Ghosts, then what the hell is it???? It's dedication man, you either have it or you don't. Why do so many clans fail? Switching on a button to play is only 0.00001% of getting there. The rest requires dedication.

Helo-Pilot

The only issue being even with just red clan tags on you can barely get a lobby where people will stick around. It would be even worse with higher ranked clans.

WhyNoName

There should be some sort of identifier either with playercards or on the player profile.  Colored tags are even worse than the prestige emblems in the sense of making players run from the lobby.  I think there should be other rewards (not the goofy clan wars emblems), but maybe not colored tags.

cranium2001

Why are they even necessary? They're like camos. Not a big deal.

OUHATEME

Trying to differentiate between casual clans that don't really participate in the clan wars or anything else and the clans that do, there is nothing to separate the clan that was the first to hit level 25 or the last clan to hit level 25 or how many clan wars they won to get there. To some it doesn't matter to others it does . It matters to the op .

cranium2001

I suppose. Isn't that what some of the patches are for? (Call me uninformed) To me it's just cosmetic.

mwfan55

cranium2001 wrote:

I suppose. Isn't that what some of the patches are for? (Call me uninformed) To me it's just cosmetic.

To some degree yes but mostly no. The OP wanted the clan tag to show his clan's success in clan wars as well. We won (1st) every Platinum clan war, and every diamond division clan war (4 of them so far) No one really knows by just seeing us in the lobby. Sure our rank on the diamond division leader boards is less than 10 ( won't say exact number to protect us from haters ). But again, no one can see that in the game lobby.

The OP is correct, there needs to be more done to show your accomplishments as a clan. I just wanted to take it a step further and show over all accomplishments from past COD games. Reason is because every year there are thousands of start up clans and it is tough to make it happen 3 years in a row. That is just my opinion.