1 7 8 9 10 11 Previous Next 105 Replies Latest reply: Aug 27, 2014 6:03 PM by Shadowelite555 Go to original post RSS
      • 90. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
        onlineace

Well DuH!!!   I don't think they took into account that revenge spawns would be so bad that its forced players to camp more or rush more.  You have two extremes and nothing inbetween. 

Dog/Wolf  is one very big contributer to poor spawns.

Maniac perks another.

Rushers who go 25 and 24.  You get 10 out of 12 players in TDM doing just the same and you got spawns coming out of your ass!

• 91. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
          rainmaker6

Games are real time so packets are primarily sent via UDP because of the minimal overhead of the protocol. Unlike TCP (which is considered lossless) there is no acknowledgement of the receipt of the packets and lost packets are not retransmitted. When someone lag switches they are basically interrupting the transmission and the packets are lost. This is different from a slow high latency connection.

• 92. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
            Jeremysmokin420

I am trying to get this idea widespread in support hoping IW will respond in this way, please check out my thread, it won't be a waste of time.How IW can solve the problem with overcamping.  I hope they, and you, are reading this.

• 93. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
              Mikenasty_1

There is one thing I can agree with you on.. everyone pays for the game and can do their own thing. You enjoy a playstyle different from mine, and that is completely fine. I have complained about things on the forums, and I have seen you complain about things on multiple threads on the forums.

Sometimes I make a joke or two about campers, or I voice my opinion on why I disagree with it. A couple days ago DocChoi was posting funny comments about campers that provided a cheap laugh or two.

I will be completely honest. I have said screw it and started camping recently. Once I get to my spot, I put on netflix, and just wait for a couple people to run by halfway across the map, get kill streaks, look like a boss. I am honestly starting to see why people do it. Gameplay wise, it can be boring, but those stats though lol.

Just because I do not pay for someone's game, does not deny me the right to voice an opinion. It isn't like me voicing an opinion forces people to change their gameplay. If you disagree with what I post, either provide a valid argument to it, or ignore it. These are forums, they are made for people to discuss the current game, and recently I have chosen to discuss campers. The majority of people I am talking about have never even typed callofduty.com in their browser, so I am sure I am not hurting their feelings. Do your thing, but like I mentioned earlier, you "complain" about things just like many others do on these forums. You just don't agree with what I have to say, and that is fine, I disagree with a lot of your posts. No sleep lost over it.

• 94. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                DocChoi

I'm glad I was able to provide a cheap laugh or two.

To be honest, I have nothing against campers. From a tactical standpoint, its very advantageous. Just when they rant about how they can't camp as effectively anymore because of the updates; it's pretty laughable. Like yesterday, I decided to just "tryhard"  camp and not move on Containment with my LMG Thermal IED class and had pretty much the same amount of kills/deaths as some of my rushing games. It's boring as heck, but its super effective even with these supposed patches (every IED killed someone). So, when campers whine about how they can't play their way anymore, I just say they haven't tried camping hard enough.

• 95. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty

No playing the blame game will kill this game just look how the devs blame the customers for their failures.

• 96. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                    Jeremysmokin420

especially if you know how to place the ieds.  I figured that out and the only ones to get around it are the ones still running blast shield.

• 97. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                      Rexens_View

That's all well and good and everyone does have the right to play how they want.

However by people playing however they want allows them to play in manners that make gaming unpleasant for other players.

A comparison is freedom of speech: You have the right to say anything but if you spout off racist, homophobic hate speech then you are upsetting alot of people.

But you have the right....

Same as COD, you can troll/exploit/hide etc and it is allowed however it proves the point of the post, the community is ruining this franchise.

How would you feel if you went into a game and every other player was just hiding in a bush not even engaging for days at a time ?

Would you stand by your statement then when you have to run around and try to find Sasquatch's instead of engaging people in gun fights ?

• 98. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                        Rexens_View

I am honestly starting to see why people do it. Gameplay wise, it can be boring, but those stats though lol.

Mike you summed up pretty well one of the biggest issues with Ghosts IMO.

There is such a stats focus in Ghosts that people are worrying more on attaining and keeping good stats than actually enjoying the game.

This has a domino effect on other players.

• 99. Re: The community will be what kills Call of Duty
                          C_CHRIS11

Well said.

This is what you can do.

1. A person talks racist, homophobic hate speech and is upsetting alot of people. You can walk away and let him talk to himself.

2. How would you feel if you went into a game and every other player was just hiding in a bush not even engaging for days at a time ?

Would you stand by your statement then when you have to run around and try to find Sasquatch's instead of engaging people in gun fights ?

You have the right to leave this lobby and find another one to your liking.

I will not demand that the above people should play the way I want just to make me happy and at the same time will make them unhappy.

This is the principle of democracy. You have your rights within the democracy but your rights stop where other people rights begin.