1 2 3 4 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2014 4:11 PM by TNT_Molybdenum Go to original post RSS
      • 10. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
        matuzz

I think Black Ops had the best spawns in the series, sure some players in party could spawn trap the other team but honestly that was pretty rare to happen and I rather take nice spawns with some rare spawn trapping than getting constantly hindered by these random revenge spawns and getting killed right  after spawning.

• 11. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
          WhyNoName

With the randomness and revenge system in play (it seems) why not institute a delay on spawn similar to HC.  This would allow a moving player time to exit the kill area and force the other player to think a little more on where to attack the enemy.

People like button mashing instantly these days, but a timer may be better than what they are doing on the spawns themselves.  Just an idea.

• 12. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
            IndyOldGuy

I don't get it either, so often I am running past an area, and 2 or 3 enemies will spawn as I go by and shoot me in the back...
            Yesterday again on Overlord, I had a guy spawn close enough to knife me when he spawned in, this has happened countless times in this game...
            Also you can kill 1 or 2 guys in an certain area, and the game will keep spawning player after player right near you

This is a major issue that in my mind is causing a lot of players to leave the game, and why IW is not addressing it is beyond me...

• 13. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
              BanHaMMer

'G' you do realise why there are so many issues with spawn system (logic) in Ghosts? They did explain it once. But, never followed up with the correct MP numbers for the PS4 and Xbone.

It's late, don't feel up to writing a lot,  but I do know. I am just amazed no one else remembers?

• 14. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                nuttin2say

G ... if anyone explains it, they delete the post ... if not the entire thread. Are you on PSN or XBL?

• 15. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                  ThePrincessSlayer

With all the whining about spawn points does anyone but me see that it seems to be a wash? About half the time (when I've paid attention) I spawn in a great spot where I am most likely going to get the drop on the guy and the revenge kill. The other half the other guy must get the luck or I just happen to spawn where someone else is right around the corner waiting.

When I am talking 50/50 I am only referring to when there is a kill/death right after spawn. The vast majority of the time I don't spawn, take 3 steps and get a kill nor do I spawn in and get gunned down from 3 different directions. At least in my game play (mostly TDM) I am not seeing the big problem others are.

I figure too that the maps only have X amount of square footage. It has to happen sometimes that you spawn with the enemy in your vicinity.

• 16. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                    nuttin2say

I see it that way, Princess. I also see that it is still possible to control/shift spawn points. It is harder to do here than in previous CODs, but it can still be done.

• 17. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will

Don't worry the spawns will never be perfect let alone good or fixed.

• 18. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                        ghamorra

TDM can be bad, and to me 50/50 is bad. That means half of your deaths or kills are cheap. But it gets even worse in objective based games where the spawns force you to fight in a shoe box setting despite playing a large match. If you want to see some really stupid spawning play Drop Zone.

• 19. Re: I don't understand the spawns and I doubt I ever will
                          Tygrastic1

I have noticed that a single player on your team can sit near your original spawn and keep it from flipping.  I monitored it quite a bit more this past weekend.  I played games on Freight, Strikezone and Sovereign with no spawn flip whatsoever the entire game (it was against a team of randoms).  I pushed and tried like hell, but couldn't flip the spawns.  There was a single guy anchoring them for the other team and no matter what I did, even taking him out, it would not flip.  Absolutely frustrating when you are confined to the statue on Strikezone, train car spawn on Freight and the suspended tank on Sovereign, especially against a lobby low level players that were under 1.0 k/d.

The spawn logic (or complete lack thereof) is mind-boggling in this game.  If you want to see the absolute worst spawn in the game, play S&R on Stonehaven.  Once a team plants the 'B' bomb, everyone spawns at 'A' after being rescued- whether they are on your team or the other.  I can't tell you how many times after being rescued, I spawned behind a couple enemies with all of us running single file back to the bomb site.

I agree with WhyNoName, I wouldn't mind seeing how spawn timers affect game play.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next