27 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2014 1:59 PM by pvafan RSS

Best Qualities in a Teammate?

gramthenOOb

When you play in a public lobby (no clan members or fans, strictly randoms), what do you most value in a team member?  Is it a crazy high KD?  An awesome Win/Loss?  Players that play the objective?  Players with mics?  What trait or traits do you look for in a teammate?

• Re: Best Qualities in a Teammate?
          Izjar11

gramthenOOb wrote:

When you play in a public lobby (no clan members or fans, strictly randoms), what do you most value in a team member?  Is it a crazy high KD?  An awesome Win/Loss?  Players that play the objective?  Players with mics?  What trait or traits do you look for in a teammate?

Dependent upon game mode, one can name a laundry list.

For example: TDM > I prefer someone who clearly knows what they are doing, and do not play foolishly. Actually this formula can be applied in many game modes.

toby_jugs

accurate callouts are very valuable to me

someone who doesn't mind playing at my pace helps too.

someone without dead silence or unsilenced weaponry letting rip beside me aint my bag though.

Schoat333

Honestly, its just players that like the have fun. I don't care how they play as long as they are having fun. I don't want the ragers on my team that cry every time they die.

One thing I do hate is when your holding two dom flags in a close game, and some headless chicken on my team decided to try and get the third flag. Of course this flips the spawns, we get shot in the back, and lose the other two flags... So dumb.

theroc23

A friendly and emotionally mature/stable player is pretty important to me. The worst kind is one that just blabbers about useless crap all match long.     

Im_Old_School

I think if you can have some real communication between teammates (good callouts, a few good verbal "pats on the back", etc.) any game mode can be made to be fun and winnable.  Unfortunately in public lobbies not many people want to talk it up even though its clear they have a headset on.

Story.   I played a match once with 3 other people who had on mics and they said nothing during the entire game.  I was doing my usual call out thing but with no talk back from them it was like I was talking to myself.  After the match I asked them to turn their mics on and let's talk.  I got no response from one of them so I figured he had me muted.  The other two turned theirs on and we started chatting.  Here's the sad part.  One of them had a speech impediment (lisp) and he said the reason he didn't talk on the mic was that he had been made fun of so much for his lisp he just couldn't take it so he only used his headset for the game sounds and the only reason he turned it on then was because he like the way I was calling out stuff.  The other guy said he was new and didn't know a lot about what to call stuff (buildings, locations, etc) so he was nervous.  We happened to be getting ready to play Whiteout so I told that guy just remember and say one of 5 things: Boat, Helicopter, Ski Lodge, Totem Pole and Cave.  He knew all the places I was talking about so he was good.  I told the other guy (who knew the maps pretty good) to say whatever he wanted to no worries from me.  We had several really good matches after that because we were finally communicating.  So I would have to go with guys that have good communication skills.    

DocChoi

Players that know what they're doing is the most important. Usually if I'm in a party of experienced players, we just know what to do and try to stay out of each other's way.

Spr1985

GOod communication Or none at all (turn your f ing music off I don't wanna listen to it!!!)

people using there brain watching your six....... Play so many games where we as a team are pinned down and instead of watching each others backs try to rush there way out of it and you end up getting shot in the back... Use ya brains a bit.

play the objective and play for the team not just ya self/your precious k/d

Tomball_TX

Spr1985 wrote:

GOod communication Or none at all (turn your f ing music off I don't wanna listen to it!!!)

people using there brain watching your six....... Play so many games where we as a team are pinned down and instead of watching each others backs try to rush there way out of it and you end up getting shot in the back... Use ya brains a bit.

play the objective and play for the team not just ya self/your precious k/d

What this guy said. KDR is deceptive, I can hide in corner after getting three kills and have a KDR of three. doesn't really mean I can play. But calls outs and knowing the common terms for landmarks and locations is pretty good. Don't tewll me what camod gun youre going to use before every match,,i don't care. Where are they? where did you get shot from, where are they heading?  

milo-iq

Similarly to old skill, comms is the key. Was with some jocks on tremor I'd joined half way through we got a kicking next game on warhawk we spoke to each other and won, teamwork will beat a group of individuals IMO no matter the kd.

I personally like a player who plays the objective

xqdogx

Someone who doesn't whine after every friggin' death but instead makes an accurate call out.

Someone who can see me and hear me saying there's someone camping at that corner and not rush into it blindly or run right in front of me when I pop up to shoot him.( Hardcore Game modes)

Someone who doesn't throw his C4 out and kills himself more than a 100 times or tosses tacticals at you on purpose.

Not someone who is part of a clan that joined the lobby to help his clan out by running out there and dying like crazy. AKA boosters.

Someone that helps guard your 6 when you are throwing an care package and maybe even protecting it for you if you died and allowing you to get your own care package.

xqdogx

Oh yeah, someone who doesn't turn is mic on only so that he can show how cool or hip he is by playing his music through his mic which BTW sounds like crap from the echoes of his TV.

slyd0g55

Player(s) that are willing to participate with the game mode at hand , win or lose, - Initiative

"I can't expect random's to always watch my back"

greyfryer67

Players who realise that screaming down the mic so that it crunches out and whistling are technically grounds for diminished responsibility on my part and should be rewarded by me going Liam Neeson on their ass.

liam.png

huntingnoluck

Teamwork concerning playing the objective is most important. Things like guarding flanks while others are capping in dom  or hq. and then trying to get caps on top of that. I guess that boils down to game awareness, knowing when to push and when to wait.

stiwar357

calm down

Tomball_TX

Speaking English is a good start.

phxs72

Best quality would be someone that simply knows how to play the objective (whatever it may be).  They don't have to be the greatest killing machine but if they can do their job then that's all that I could want from a random.

Often accepted quality when playing with randoms: Someone that will actually shoot the guy that is standing right in front of him or at the very least try to shoot him.  All too often with randoms I'll see a guy watching a long sight line.  I'll see some enemies approaching his flank and try to pass by the sight line to cover his back and get gunned down by an enemy player completely out in the open that's halfway down the corridor my teammate was watching for several seconds before I got there.  That infuriates me to no end.  Ergo one of the reasons that I play with my mic muted when playing with randoms.

xX--MattySW--Xx

Someone who will play as a team, watch your back, and communicate.........but most importantly be friendly and not get involved in trash talking or winding up.......a simple "good game" is easier to say than all that rubbish.

Tomball_TX

A command of the English Language. This includes but its not limited to those of the hip generation. These lads will say

" Man dat muthaf**ka mi**a there put a beat down on yall ass. fo realz do."

English translation

"Oh wow man did you see the epic beating that mother**ker just administered to the opposing team."

Yep derailing this one with cereal in 5 4 3 2......