1 10 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 141 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 9:43 AM by BobbyMcGee Go to original post RSS
      • 110. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
        WiimotesRus02

        BobbyMcGee wrote:

         

         

        its not that its easy or hard. i get that it takes practice. that said its a completely stupid mechanic that the majority of players wanted gone.

        That's because the majority of players are rubbish.

         

        inb4nintendon'ttospoilhisfunandmakehimcry

        • 111. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
          darkfox2071

          So I'm speaking nonsense huh? your son is right though but you're not switching, controllers doesn't affect how a weapon behaves recoil, movement, spread etc... but believe whatever you want to believe this forum is dead because of people like you who like to give an opinion when they don't know ****... you say you use a wiimote yourself and you can't realized or fail to realized that the game aims for you.

           

          btw bo2 snipers were broken as **** and still are on every platform if you didn't notice it was just a minimum slightly almost non existence rate of fire nerf....

           

          I agree with James some of you guys speak utter crap and you think is real....

          • 112. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
            darkfox2071

            Everyone uses the gamepad or pro controller because they're the console's main controller cod on wii hasn't been on an even playing field since reflex where everyone used the same controller.... but the way some of you "let's swirl my mote around" guys react when someone says something negative about your precious mote it's patheticit's like you just lock yourselves in a shell...

            • 113. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
              like2nap03

              darkfox2071 wrote:

               

              Everyone uses the gamepad or pro controller because they're the console's main controller cod on wii hasn't been on an even playing field since reflex where everyone used the same controller.... but the way some of you "let's swirl my mote around" guys react when someone says something negative about your precious mote it's patheticit's like you just lock yourselves in a shell...

              Saying something negative is one thing.  Saying something completely false is another.

              • 114. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                like2nap03

                darkfox2071 wrote:

                you say you use a wiimote yourself and you can't realized or fail to realized that the game aims for you.

                 

                 

                Kinda like that.

                • 115. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                  WiimotesRus02

                  darkfox2071 wrote:

                   

                  So I'm speaking nonsense huh? your son is right though but you're not switching, controllers doesn't affect how a weapon behaves recoil, movement, spread etc... but believe whatever you want to believe this forum is dead because of people like you who like to give an opinion when they don't know ****... you say you use a wiimote yourself and you can't realized or fail to realized that the game aims for you.

                   

                  btw bo2 snipers were broken as **** and still are on every platform if you didn't notice it was just a minimum slightly almost non existence rate of fire nerf....

                   

                  I agree with James some of you guys speak utter crap and you think is real....

                  I use wiimote and the game aims for you? And I'm the one who don't know s**t? And controllers don't affect how a weapon behaves? And I'm the one who don't know s**t? And the forum is dead because of people like me? And I'm the one who don't know s**t? Everyone uses the gamepad or pro controller? And I'm the one who don't know s**t? And you agree with James? And I'm the one who don't know s**t?

                  You're the one who's so full of it, I almost feel sorry for you.

                  • 116. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                    darkfox2071

                    Can't think of a proper reply and you copy everything I said really mature.... I'm done with you if you want to live in denial go ahead and what if I agree with James? just because he doesn't sugar coat everything he says it doesn't mean he's wrong

                    • 117. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                      WiimotesRus02

                      darkfox2071 wrote:

                       

                      if you want to live in denial go ahead

                      Better than living in a fantasy.

                      • 118. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                        M4GNUM

                        BobbyMcGee wrote:

                         

                        an honest question, its happening time and time again.not just me. watched my girlfriend put 4 rounds into a wiimote user with mr28, a 3 hit kill gun, at close range and she looked puzzled, even said "i stopped shooting because he was supposed to be dead". they even throw my aim off in crazy ways. not a controller hate thread, but come on. something is wrong with the hit detection too.

                         

                        Is there a proper way one can test this online, though? Many times I've stopped shooting because I thought the other player was dead. Even in hardcore when it shouldn't take that many hits I've stopped shooting because they should be dead. I don't think you can test this in a way that gives firm factual results given lag, connectivity, servers, etc, etc, etc. I think "it just happens" regardless of controller type.

                        • 119. Re: why do wiimote players take extra damage?
                          M4GNUM

                          A few more comments in this silly controller war that's been done for years. I'm wiimote only by the way.

                           

                          1) the title of this IS misleading because the title assumes a fact that's been thoroughly tested but in the body of the post, it poses a question. Going about it in that way will give you unnecessary emotional reactions.

                           

                          2) "wiimotes can turn quicker" - depends on your settings and deadzones. If I ramp up my settings and take off my deadzones, then yeah, I can turn fast. If DA ramps up their settings, then yeah they can turn fast. No controller by default can turn quicker because each has its own settings and user ability.

                           

                          3) "DA has aim lock" - it's still there, but not as much as in BO2 so that makes me happy. I play BO2 local with my son because the party games are more fun and he always hogs the wiimote so I have to use the dumb gamepad. I don't have much experience at all with DA so I'm not very good at it, but I can quickscope the hell out of him. I can't do that on Wiimote. Ghosts is WAY better than BO2 in that regard. I still think DA is easier in the sense that it doesn't have natural hand movement. It's a pain in the butt to aim though. I always end up looking up or down, LOL. I still think DA AA needs to be looked at though - still higher than necessary. I don't think there should be no AA for DA.

                           

                          4) "wiimote has aim lock" - absolutely not, LOL. Like I've always said, we don't need AA except at distance and I mean a long distance. Due to hand sway, this is necessary if you can barely see a guy he is so far away. I want to see in-game online multiplayer video proof of this. If you can't, then stop saying it.

                           

                          5) "wiimote doesn't have a fixed reticle in the middle of the screen" - depends on settings. Some people set up their wiimote to mimic the DA style of fixed reticle. Can't be a blanket statement of fact given that.

                           

                          6) "wiimote has more recoil" - no. I think the people that say that are confusing natural hand sway added to game recoil and game sway so it appears as though we have more recoil. That being said, it is an issue and I think the wiimote should have less game sway. Double pendulum affect. Simple accuracy test - both controls - aim at a target and have someone bump your arm. Which one falls more off target? Not rocket science. The skill to keep your hand steady with wiimote is hard to achieve.

                           

                          7) "DA is the default controller for gamepad" - do we really know this? Most came over from the original Wii and use the wiimote. I'd be curious what sales came from wii upgrade versus someone who started playing wii with the wii u.

                           

                          8) "all of BennyDangerous's rant about DA/Gamepad versus Wiimote" - as a wiimoter, I disagree with everything he posted. Jump higher? Really? LMAO. DA doesn't have "more" recoil. They just have less hand sway. How do you balance that? Reduce sway for wiimote.

                           

                          9) "marksman rifles are useless" - I disgree. I think they are too useful. People who can't snipe pick these up, camp, and "snipe".

                           

                          10) "wiimote is easier to pick up and use for the first time than DA" - false. So much false. The wiimote is a far different animal than DA. Most people have used some kind of DA in their years of playing video games. Two hands on the controller goes back to NES days. Atari before that.

                           

                          12) "wiimote needs more AA" - no.

                           

                          13) "if I hold the trigger, it goes off target with wiimote but not DA" - no. Every controller will come off target if you spam the trigger like that. It's why burst-firing is the common sense way to fire a gun. The game even tells you to do that.

                           

                          14) "campaign vs private vs local vs multiplayer" - I think each acts differently than the other which is why it's hard to compare and nail down some of these theories.

                           

                          15) "wiimotes you don't have to turn" - not necessarily...depends on your settings, deadzones, etc. DA can mimic this by increasing their settings. If this is in regards to camera lock - I'm not really sure. If DA can't do this, then the wiimote shouldn't either. Screws me up more than it helps me anyway.

                           

                          16) "ghosts is not a quality product" - I really wish someone who's only put in 41 hours in the game would be disallowed to comment. You have to put in the time to know what you're talking about. You have to put time in to create "facts" or determine this game is easy or not..

                           

                          17) "wiimoters don't get prone block" - I've experienced this and have cussed at it thousands of times. It exists for us too.

                           

                          18) "wiimoters can jump shot and drop shot quicker" - I think this is the same for each controller. Evidence showing otherwise?

                           

                          19) "wiimoters have low recoil high damage guns" - same recoil and damage for each controller. For wiimote you have added hand sway.

                           

                          20) "ghosts has quicker ads for quickscopers than bo2" - in my testing I see the reverse happening. Quicker ADS in BO2. Sniping with wiimote is better in Ghosts than BO2.

                           

                          21) "controllers doesn't affect how a weapon behaves" - untrue. Natural hand sway of wiimote cause the feeling of more recoil and game sway.

                           

                          22) "game aims for wiimotes" - untrue. Evidence?