1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 147 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2014 5:27 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
      • 140. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
        Izjar11

Rexens_View wrote:

My question to you all is: Is it that those who bash the word "camp" or use it to explain what they cant control, simply a measure of their poor gaming?

Hmm good question Iz.

For some yes, others no.

What I feel like the bigger issue is the "pride" and "morals" of playstyles.

I wrote this in another thread a few months ago, it's the perception of cowardly methods used to kill players.

Camping is seen as cowardly and cheap, the player is not actively looking for engagement and is not being aggressive.

The whole, "I will just let them come to me" attitude is seen as pathetic and lazy.

How would any sporting event go if both sides played defensively ?

Geez it would be boring.

Rexen,

With all due respect, and I mean this. The idea that emotions, of bravery, cowardice, fear or anger is an illusion when you play a video game, it seriously is. We are gamers, we play a virtual thing (make believe) we do not get hurt, we do not share our fear, we don't lose our friends, family or lose body parts in the process of war. This is FAKE, cowardice, bravery simply is false in COD.

This sentence "I will just let them come to me, attitude is seen as pathetic and lazy" is false and self defeating.

Let me address this in a few bullet points clearly:

• If you were a good "rusher" or player you know that movement, aiming and timing is key to winning vs multiple players, add perks, tacticals or lethal's to your intended attack and you can take out anyone who is playing defensiveness, PERIOD.
        • Lazy, pathetic, cheap, are all excuses to me, I say that because one should not expect his enemy to play easily or to simply hand me his "death" by standing in the middle or running at me (like some fools prefer).
        • Rexen, you really seem to confuse this game with real life emotions, and events (since you bring up "sporting events") I would caution you from viewing this game as such. I hope you are smart enough to realize the difference between a video game and your actual life.

Again thanks Rexen for your view, I do find them curious but somewhat biased towards your own emotions, this feeling of "emotions" you mention in your posts various times is a liability to your own health and that of this game.

I am not accusing you of anything, but if you did not know, many physiologist keep bringing up a concerning fact when "young men" become crazed and shoot others, that they were gamers. This is an entire subject on its own, and though I would defend gaming to death, your responses filled with emotion in fear, and cowardice are seriously alarming as they seem to indicate you as a gamer, are meshing your life with gaming and the activity of playing a virtual FPS.

• 141. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
          TheDarkOne123

Who cares about what people do on this game the game is meant for everyone to play; not just the campers or rushers but everyone so stop with debate cause it's never ending one. I don't care why people camp to be honest they only get on my nerves if they complain cause they think they should be invincible.

• 142. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
            Rexens_View
            Perhaps your confusing when I mean, when someone first starts of playing. This means, your first (never before played) COD experience.

Yes perhaps you should have clarified that in your OP.

I will give you the exact same response I gave the other person, I will give you the benefit of the doubt that a total new player, was "running" about causing your team to lose "exploring".

This is an interesting statement.

By exploring the map someone is causing their team to lose, how exactly do you justify that ?

In order to learn the map one must explore it... You cannot successfully learn a map by sitting in a corner ADSing.

Map knowledge is one of the pivotal aspects of being a successful and skillful multiplayer gamer... You should know this Iz.

No doubt needed, I think you will find alot of people playing a new game of any kind/genre launch into it with the mindset of "I learn by doing" and rushing headfirst into things.

If you have the audacity to claim you were "running" and getting kills as quickly as possible, I would question that highly.

Can you please clarify this confusing statement, it sounds like you are insinuating misconceptions and false statements from others in order to attempt to shift focus away from your original post's lack of merit and validity.

I quote what I said "I would rush around and explore the map as quick as I could and kill (or try to kill) as many people as I could in the shortest amount of time."

How can you highly question something that is the objective of the game ? Generally the point of any fast paced FPS is to get as many kills as possible in the shortest amount of time.

If you go into COD with a mindset of I am going to try to get as little kills as possible in the longest timeframe possible then IMO you are an idiot and have no place in fast FPS games.

I don't know how you can rush and not aim to get as many kills as quickly as possible....

• 143. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
              Rexens_View

Izjar11 wrote:

Rexens_View wrote:

My question to you all is: Is it that those who bash the word "camp" or use it to explain what they cant control, simply a measure of their poor gaming?

Hmm good question Iz.

For some yes, others no.

What I feel like the bigger issue is the "pride" and "morals" of playstyles.

I wrote this in another thread a few months ago, it's the perception of cowardly methods used to kill players.

Camping is seen as cowardly and cheap, the player is not actively looking for engagement and is not being aggressive.

The whole, "I will just let them come to me" attitude is seen as pathetic and lazy.

How would any sporting event go if both sides played defensively ?

Geez it would be boring.

Rexen,

With all due respect, and I mean this. The idea that emotions, of bravery, cowardice, fear or anger is an illusion when you play a video game, it seriously is. We are gamers, we play a virtual thing (make believe) we do not get hurt, we do not share our fear, we don't lose our friends, family or lose body parts in the process of war. This is FAKE, cowardice, bravery simply is false in COD.

This sentence "I will just let them come to me, attitude is seen as pathetic and lazy" is false and self defeating.

Let me address this in a few bullet points clearly:

• If you were a good "rusher" or player you know that movement, aiming and timing is key to winning vs multiple players, add perks, tacticals or lethal's to your intended attack and you can take out anyone who is playing defensiveness, PERIOD.
              • Lazy, pathetic, cheap, are all excuses to me, I say that because one should not expect his enemy to play easily or to simply hand me his "death" by standing in the middle or running at me (like some fools prefer).
              • Rexen, you really seem to confuse this game with real life emotions, and events (since you bring up "sporting events") I would caution you from viewing this game as such. I hope you are smart enough to realize the difference between a video game and your actual life.

Again thanks Rexen for your view, I do find them curious but somewhat biased towards your own emotions, this feeling of "emotions" you mention in your posts various times is a liability to your own health and that of this game.

I am not accusing you of anything, but if you did not know, many physiologist keep bringing up a concerning fact when "young men" become crazed and shoot others, that they were gamers. This is an entire subject on its own, and though I would defend gaming to death, your responses filled with emotion in fear, and cowardice are seriously alarming as they seem to indicate you as a gamer, are meshing your life with gaming and the activity of playing a virtual FPS.

Ahaha this is hilarious.

Iz, you are clinging at straws mate.

Your entire post is attempting to shift focus from where you are incorrect which is a common theme from you whenever you don't have an answer for a retort.

Let me bitchslap your ego down to size.

Yes, it is FACT that pride and morals DO play a part in gamers approach to their gameplay methods.

I don't know how you can state otherwise unless you are mentally impaired.

Some people (which is proven by numerous posts/threads here) FEEL (see that, emotion) that certain aspects of the game are cheap and cowardly.

If you have absolutely no emotions involved at all when playing or discussing Ghosts you are either a liar or dead. If you don't even feel enjoyment from playing the game then you shouldn't play it at all.

I would suggest you seek medical help immediately as it seems you have catatonia/clinical depression.

You must be confused as when people die one off a KEM then they aren't angry, disappointed, frustrated, or any other emotion ?

When someone attains an achievement they don't feel satisfaction, gratification, happiness or somesuch ?

If you refuse to engage an enemy due to the potential for death means you are either a)scared (emotion) or b) a coward

Hmm, those sound like a) an emotion or b) a character trait.

As always you seem to lack any ability to interpret any logical argument so I will spell it out for you.

You didn't explain how it was self defeating in any way at all, you just launched into how things are excuses for you...

I will explain it in plain English:

• I was directing my statement at how the anti-camping community feel about camping playstyles. Nothing about excuses...
              • It is clearly summarizing a campers point of view as it relies on the enemy coming to them, not actively engaging them. Hence the lazy and pathetic viewpoint from other players
              • "Lazy, pathetic, cheap, are all excuses to me, I say that because one should not expect his enemy to play easily or to simply hand me his "death" by standing in the middle or running at me (like some fools prefer)" That proves my point exactly about the lazy pathetic camper statement... God damn you are stupid.
              • "Rexen, you really seem to confuse this game with real life emotions, and events (since you bring up "sporting events") I would caution you from viewing this game as such. I hope you are smart enough to realize the difference between a video game and your actual life." This has zero relevance to what you were trying to disprove, again showing your inability to backup your statements by responding with nonsense. Funny, COD has eSports rules does it not ? Funny, a competitive game where two teams playing against each-other with rules, scores and timelimit, yup nothing at all like sports... The comparison about teams playing aggressively and defensively, nothing at all like sports... Just stop Iz, you are embarrassing yourself.

"your responses filled with emotion in fear, and cowardice are seriously alarming as they seem to indicate you as a gamer, are meshing your life with gaming and the activity of playing a virtual FPS."

My responses filled with emotion of fear and cowardice ?

I am commenting on perceptions of players, how are my responses filled with fear and cowardice ?

Please Iz, I would love to hear your response to this.Where are my responses filled with fear ? What am I afraid of ?

Interesting how can state these absurd assumptions when you clearly cannot comprehend a simple sentence and logic.

STOP MAKING FALSE STATEMENTS AND CLAIMING THEM AS FACT Iz.

You are clearly a forum loser who can only gauge his self worth on other forum users rating.

• 144. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
                Izjar11

Rexen,

First do not get insulted, there is no need to go into a tirade of insults if you feel you can discuss this subject. I will attempt to explain my words as simple as possible. If you do not understand I would suggest we end this, because its becoming unproductive to have to repeat things.

Your words: "Yes perhaps you should have clarified that in your OP."

My words - It sucks that people who come here to post have difficulty reading but let me share what my FIRST sentence of this thread stated "Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy". *If you did not comprehend what I meant, than the confusion is yours, do you need further unnecessary explanations?

Your words:"By exploring the map someone is causing their team to lose, how exactly do you justify that?"

My Words: - You must live in some fantasy world, that the total NEW player has any idea what they are doing. The fact that you believe you can play this game (as a new player) and be effective and know how to explore, or what to explore for gives good insight into how you think.  Unless of course your confusing things around, which is probably what is happening.

But lets say (for the benefit of the doubt) that the "new" player knows what they are doing, that they have "learned" how to maneuver a game they have NEVER played before, and they are getting shot at and KNOW what to do to avoid getting killed to many times and shot back and or run away. Then yes, you can explore and become better. < I must be taking crazy pills>

Your words:  "Can you please clarify this confusing statement, it sounds like you are insinuating misconceptions and false statements from others in order to attempt to shift focus away from your original post's lack of merit and validity"

My words: I really do not need to explain the obvious, if you are having trouble understanding what is said than either A) your being very hard headed, or B) your trolling. Please, read what is said, its really not that hard to understand.

Your words: "Your entire post is attempting to shift focus from where you are incorrect which is a common theme from you whenever you don't have an answer for a retort."

My words: No, you began mentioning feelings of bravery or cowardice, as if they are actually part of the game. Its a fail,  an ADULT knows how to realize this.

Your words: "Let me bitchslap your ego down to size. Yes, it is FACT that pride and morals DO play a part in gamers approach to their gameplay methods. I don't know how you can state otherwise unless you are mentally impaired. Some people (which is proven by numerous posts/threads here) FEEL (see that, emotion) that certain aspects of the game are cheap and cowardly."

My words: Rexen, stay civil guy and calm your emotions (this is a thread only). If you feel that you have "pride" or now morals when playing a make believe game than that is your preferred state.

I am not denying you that you can't feel what you feel, I was merely attempting to tell you that feeling that is pointless in a VIDEO GAME. But hey, if you want to feel all these "emotions" while playing so be it. Understand that not every one will share such feelings as you do.

Your words: I would suggest you seek medical help immediately as it seems you have catatonia/clinical depression.

My words: You can mimic my response to your coward / fear thread, the posts of emotions are yours not mine. Stay focused.

Your words: You must be confused as when people die one off a KEM then they aren't angry, disappointed, frustrated, or any other emotion ? When someone attains an achievement they don't feel satisfaction, gratification, happiness or somesuch ? If you refuse to engage an enemy due to the potential for death means you are either a)scared (emotion) or b) a coward Hmm, those sound like a) an emotion or b) a character trait.

My words: Rexen, when you debate a thing dont add things that werent said. I think we should stop here. You have a very alarming way to describe this game and your feelings. You really seem to be attached to something more when playing. I apologize for questioning you, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck gaming.

Final words to you Rexen: Take it easy, enjoy the game (if thats possible) do not allow your self to become enveloped in pointless sentiments over a VIDEO game. Life is far to short to waste efforts if your enemy gets the upper hand on you in this game.

• 145. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
                  Rexens_View

Once again Iz you attempt to divert attention away from your lack of points by snide, passive aggressive remarks that only someone without any intelligent retorts can muster.

Your entire previous post was riddled with bitchy comments that you used because you cannot actually counter my points.

By making such far-fetched, personal jabs you are only highlighting your own shortcomings as a person and gamer.

When you say things like "stay civil and calm you emotions" you are assuming that I am not calm or civil in the thread and you in fact are the aggressor in this situation (only passive aggression because I believe you are a coward)

You keep stating that emotions and feelings don't exist and have no place in games, yet how does one enjoy playing a game without feeling emotions ?

Hence my suggestion to seek medical attention if you do not have one single emotion or feeling about playing any game.

That is either a blatant lie from someone clinging to his last straw of a dissolving argument or you in fact have no emotions.

As you will see in damn near any thread on this forum, people always have emotions and feelings within or towards a game.

For you to say otherwise and "With all due respect, and I mean this. The idea that emotions, of bravery, cowardice, fear or anger is an illusion when you play a video game, it seriously is. We are gamers, we play a virtual thing (make believe) we do not get hurt, we do not share our fear, we don't lose our friends, family or lose body parts in the process of war. This is FAKE, cowardice, bravery simply is false in COD." who's that you have no comprehension of what I am talking about. I will assume that it is because you actually believe the crap that you state. I think that you live in a serious delusional state of megalomania and narcissism or have the IQ of a dead turtle.

If there were o emotions attached to video games at all then why are there complaint forums/threads/posts all over the internet about games ?

Surely one cannot complain about something if they don't care about it ?

Caring is a feeling you moron. Anger, disappointment, excitement, happiness, sense of achievement. The list goes on of all the emotions and feelings people have in games, it is why gamers play them.

Why do you play games Iz ?

If you feeling nothing at all when playing games why do you play them ?

Answer that question honestly and without snide, snarky remarks IF YOU CAN.

Lets be brutally honest, when each and every one of us started to play these games (no matter the series) we all, ALL started playing (because we had no idea what to expect) defensively or "campy"

As I am not the only person who found the OP unclear then the onus is on you to make a statement clearer when it pertains to the community as a whole.

When you say "these games no matter what the series" it easily is seen as plural as in every/any game, not "when you played your first ever FPS game" like you meant. When you leave out clarity and context in statements you cannot blame the community for calling you on it. That is your fail.

By exploring the map someone is causing their team to lose, how exactly do you justify that?"

My Words: - You must live in some fantasy world, that the total NEW player has any idea what they are doing. The fact that you believe you can play this game (as a new player) and be effective and know how to explore, or what to explore for gives good insight into how you think.  Unless of course your confusing things around, which is probably what is happening.

But lets say (for the benefit of the doubt) that the "new" player knows what they are doing, that they have "learned" how to maneuver a game they have NEVER played before, and they are getting shot at and KNOW what to do to avoid getting killed to many times and shot back and or run away. Then yes, you can explore and become better. < I must be taking crazy pills>

Again you cannot even comprehend a simple sentence.

When you pickup a game for the first time, even your very first FPS, you generally a) read the manual and see what the controls do b) play the tutorial c) play campaign first and learn how to move and shoot etc in that

After all that you then go into multiplayer so you do actually have abilities to do things and maneuver around. Secondly, I never ever stated that you had to be avoid getting killed or dodge being shot, I said explore.

To explore on any game one can merely run around like a headless chicken and die a hundred time, but they are exploring. How can someone "know how to explore" when simply moving around is exploring ?

The fact that you believe you can play this game (as a new player) and be effective and know how to explore

I never said be effective and know how to explore, your words that you inserted in a vain attempt to give your worthless statement merit.

Your words: You must be confused as when people die one off a KEM then they aren't angry, disappointed, frustrated, or any other emotion ? When someone attains an achievement they don't feel satisfaction, gratification, happiness or somesuch ? If you refuse to engage an enemy due to the potential for death means you are either a)scared (emotion) or b) a coward Hmm, those sound like a) an emotion or b) a character trait.

My words: Rexen, when you debate a thing dont add things that werent said. I think we should stop here. You have a very alarming way to describe this game and your feelings. You really seem to be attached to something more when playing. I apologize for questioning you, and I sincerely wish you the best of luck gaming.

See, you didn't answer the question which clearly contradicted your statement. Funny how you said "when you debate don't add thing that weren't said" when you did that mere sentences above lol."You have a very alarming way of describing this game and you feelings" My feeIings ? I never stated they were my feelings, I was referring to the general gamer but no, you assume things again Iz. Please elaborate on these "alarming" ways of describing the game.

I proved that feelings and emotions exist in games and yet you couldn't acknowledge you were wrong. Perhaps your fragile ego won't let you realise you are merely a deluded moron who has no leg to stand on.

• 146. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
                    Izjar11

Rexen,

Because you continue to think someone is insulting you and your responding with anger,  I will discontinue from responding (plus you are not reading or failing to comprehend what I write) But I will address the main subject to our debate:

1- "You keep stating that emotions and feelings don't exist and have no place in games, yet how does one enjoy playing a game without feeling emotions ?"

Response: I never said emotions and feelings do not exist, the idea that "bravery or cowardice" in COD is a false thing.  You brought that into this thread, I debated that it is pointless to have them because nothing is REAL to have them manifest. I hope you don't get lost with that explanation.

Good luck to you and your gaming.

Cheers.

• 147. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
                      Rexens_View

When you respond to someones civil response with personal jabs and passive aggressive, snide remarks (insults) I will respond with actual insults. Not angry, merely stumped at how ignorant and deluded you are. 

That is because I have the balls to call you on your ****.

The real reason you won't respond to my direct questions is because you either cannot bring yourself to admit you are wrong/misspoke or you have no answer. Do not kid yourself and try to fool everyone else that you are are refusing to answer based on my "angry" responses.

Nothing real to have them manifest ?

Just because something is not tangible does not mean it isn't real.

Achievements, score, progressions, unlocks, rank, KD etc are all REAL, just not tangible.

Please refrain from anymore lies.

You did not address the exploration comment, you really cannot admit you are wrong and state lies as fact in feeble attempts of damage control when you are proven wrong. 

To quote you directly Iz "With all due respect, and I mean this. The idea that emotions, of bravery, cowardice, fear or anger is an illusion when you play a video game, it seriously is. We are gamers, we play a virtual thing (make believe) we do not get hurt, we do not share our fear, we don't lose our friends, family or lose body parts in the process of war. This is FAKE, cowardice, bravery simply is false in COD."

You have not said how they are an illusion, if they exist they are a reality. FACT, plain and simple. Don't make proclamations that are false. Bravery exists, cowardice exists - you don't need the threat of death or physical harm in order to be brave or a coward. These are character traits that apply to all aspects of life. QUOTE: "As a label, "cowardice" indicates a failure of character in the face of a challenge." Wikipedia. 

QUOTE: Brave-  "a. having or displaying courage, resolution, or daring; not cowardly or timid" Wikipedia.

There you go - you are now proven completely and utterly wrong Iz. Being daring or brave is to dash across to your teammates tag in SNR with the game hanging in the balance. Cowardice is to fear dying and losing the game so you wait it out and watch the enemy take the tag. Self preservation over team success.

Throughout this entire thread you ask self serving rhetorical questions because if someone answers with a response you don't agree with you disregard them and reply with pompous remarks - that are FALSE.

From now on Iz don't call these threads "debates" as you are clearly subjective to your own deluded opinions confused as facts.

In fact don't participate at all if you cannot actually debate with fellow forum users and never, ever label something as fact when it is opinion.

Don't ask questions if you don't like/cannot accept the answers.

• 148. Re: The case against the word "camper" part Ghost (IV)
                        Rexens_View

When you say this : This sentence "I will just let them come to me, attitude is seen as pathetic and lazy" is false and self defeating.

When I say "seen as" it is clearly referring to an opinion and perspective - which can never be false. You are therefore proven wrong again.

When you state "false" you are once again showing that YOU proclaim opinion as fact.

You never did address the actual statement, perhaps you couldn't comprehend what I was saying.

In my opinion you have a hard time understanding/comprehending what I am saying because you have a preconceived notion of my intent or meaning which is blinding you to the truth.

PS: Iz next time don't dob me in to the moderators, just debate like a man. If you can't handle the truth don't spout off lies and false proclamations.

To the moderators: Using the word "idiot" is being civil. How about censoring pathetic attempts to troll other forum members with snarky passive aggressive personal comments.

1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next