1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next 81 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2014 1:02 AM by gypsyfrogking Go to original post RSS
      • 70. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
        Izjar11

I agree 100% there are "cheap" plays in the game, but to me one huge bonus about this game is that pushing forward on those who are defensive produces some of the best gun battles I have seen in COD. I play mostly with friends, so when we coordinate our attack it gives quality interactions from defending, attacking, flanking and retreating, its those moments that the game is even more elevated.

• 71. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
          gypsyfrogking

i gotta agree with that the best game ive had on here was somehow the team i was on was all in the same area and the other team were attacking, it was a total fierce gun battle, my whole team was behind the blue crates on tremor where the first spawn is, not the side by the crashed helicopter but the other side and both teams had an amazing game it was a total blood bath and fast paced with attacking and defending

• 73. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
            rainmaker6

By your response you clearly don't consider any tactic camping. I don't believe the vast majority would agree with that view. And considering my very often stated position on camping I am not one to continiously whine about it.

• 74. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
              rainmaker6

That is not really the point is it.

And if a team camps as a group there really are no flanking routes . You may choose to overwhelm a position with more firepower than a single player can handle but if they camped it right you aren't flanking them.

• 75. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...

No, I dont consider anything camping or cheap for all tactics are legit in the game. There is none any better or worse than any other, besides direct spawn killing as was done in demo which is the only thing I truly consider cheap or wrong to do. Those that complain about campers are just those taht die to them because they are too stupid not to go back there again and continue to feed the person kills.

You are either playinjg agressive and moving or defensive and holding/protecting. Yet anyone that does that is considered a camper by the agressive movers because they get killed by them.

• 76. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
                  rankismet

rainmaker6 wrote:

If this was an objective based game I would have no problem with this, but in TDM I consider this team camping. And any who have read my posts know I rarely complain about camping. This and corner camping is the only type of camping I consider cheap. Why do I consider this team camping in TDM? There is no objectives to hold and players in your example are situated to guard choke points that have no real tactical advantage except to spawn trap with the expectation their opponents initiate all the engagement. The player at the far left in your illustration is a prime example of that. That is not a tactically advantageous position except to the extent it covers a choke point if an opponent spawns at the top left corner. This is no different than corner camping a door/entrance/choke point and waiting for your opponent to poke there head out.

Focusing on the player on the far left... which corner? The one watching the route from the castle near C spawn (bottom left) or the one in the broken building (top left)?

TDM is also about map control.

And those positions I marked are miles away from being a spawn trap.

• 77. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
                    Izjar11

rainmaker6 wrote:

That is not really the point is it.

And if a team camps as a group there really are no flanking routes . You may choose to overwhelm a position with more firepower than a single player can handle but if they camped it right you aren't flanking them.

I've flanked, I've ran, I've countered camp, I've leaned, I've retreated, the point = to win no matter what is occurring the player (who knows how to play) gets it done. No words, no excuses, no styles, doesnt matter.

• 78. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
                      nicedrewishfela

The best play style is knowing how.. and when.. to use all play styles.

• 79. Re: Map Control and how too much RnG is a bad thing...
                        Izjar11

nicedrewishfela wrote:

The best play style is knowing how.. and when.. to use all play styles.

something that few will ever understand and the majority will claim otherwise, good one.

1 5 6 7 8 9 Previous Next