11 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2014 2:55 PM by _Guest_ RSS

HAS IT BEEN CONFIRMED?

_Guest_

Hi all,was just wandering has it been confirmed that with 3 developers there will be 3 different time era's.I think SH is the start of the 3 year cycle from now on.I do not like futuristic games so ill be skipping this years cod,but with bo2 and ghosts been future related i am getting a bit worried that they will be making only them kind of games from now on.My only hope is treyarch going back to the past and that will be every 3 years i presume.

• Re: HAS IT BEEN CONFIRMED?
          TL_Bare_B_V2

Know one knows. IW will be releasing Ghosts 2 as their next game. Is Treyarch making BO3? Maybe but we don't know and i'm pretty sure the WaW/BO storyline is over.

nicedrewishfela

No way of knowing. They will just make an announcement every year.

ChestSplittah

If the contract signed betwixt IW and ATVI (during the phenomenal of MW/MW2) still holds weight.. Then they can't do anymore MW era games, and i see them never limiting themselves to making games during a period with low tech.

_Guest_

But will that not be too repetitive? I cant see people been happy with cod games been set in the future along with 4/5 other companies doing the same thing.Where else can they go?

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It's not so futuristic for me. I personally love the setting and I like the direction that they are taking. If there is no BO3 then I would not mind to see Treyarch go back to WW2 era. If not, then it's no big deal for me. I will keep playing COD and just enjoy whatever they have in store for me.

ChestSplittah

The same thing happened when they the guys who started IW left EA during the MoH era. They started a company to make their take on FPS games. Still in the World War era. Plus there were other games out there similar,  hence why the stepped out with the MW series. Flipping back to something that the majority of the community never played,  and just want to play so they can say it. Isn't a smart decision. Treyarch had to linger under a contract that ATVI agreed to with IW that no one could make a game set in the Modern Warfare (present) time frame. Thus, leaving them WaW, Black Ops and the time jump to Black Ops2.

_Guest_

Well im just been biased because i started way back at the 1st MOH back in 1999 i think and i just love the war era.I wonder will the community be further split with SH coming on board now,i imagine they will.So i think it would make more sense to have 3 different era's with 3 different developers.Not everyone is going to like to stick to a certain time so this way everyone is happy?

_Guest_

Haha i wish i was as open minded as you,having said that i actually prefer treyarch over IW and with SH doing future era id like treyarch to give me 1 good past era game to keep me happy for the next 3 years