10 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2014 12:24 PM by iKristin RSS

Bring Back Scorestreaks, Remove Killstreaks

Harney05

I see a lot of people including a list of "killstreaks" in their list of suggestions. You're requesting them to bring back one of the things that made Ghosts one of the worst if not the worst transition from the previous Call of Duty in my opinion. Infinity Ward did the mistake of not paying attention to how Treyarch changed competitive Call of Duty and made it a fair and better game that requires skill and strategy to succeed. Even though it was possible to build up a scorestreak by getting kills in Black Ops 2, it took a lot longer than if you were to play the objective, and therefore reduced the amount of people who jump into games to "kill whore". Scorestreaks were also introduced into competitive Call of Duty due to the fairness of the streaks, they weren't simply accomplished by people who are sitting in corners, they were now accomplished by people who play the objective, the most important part of games. And scorestreaks did manage to reduce a chunk of people who just join objective game modes to camp and get killstreaks, as people who played the objective more were more rewarded and therefore were more successful in these gametypes, and depending on the objective, hardpoint, probably the most recognized for that, people were always rotating around objectives and playing the game the way it's supposed to be played.

• Re: Bring Back Scorestreaks, Remove Killstreaks
          thebiindsniper

I liked the method of earning rewards via the scorestreak system, especially when the merits of objective pursuits were highly rewarded.  However, while Ghosts was a decent FPS or hated by some, that game did restore the true aspect of gun-on-gun gameplay that we wanted by nerfing the power of the streaks.

The streaks, in terms of overall strength, should still be weak.  No more K9 units, swarms, VSATs, etc.  The scorestreaks should be a reward to help a player with some kills or assist the team, not do the work for them and be the sole reason for winning the match.  That's what nearly killed gun-on-gun gameplay since MW2.

Lastly, people often find the overpowered streaks "fun" because it makes them feel better to have something give 15-20 free kills.  Calling a few crazy killstreaks to win the match is not what I call improving gun-play.  As a result, that lack of gun skill has demonstrated itself in Ghosts now that the overpowered killstreak pacifier has been removed.  No wonder why people find the streaks in Ghosts "boring".

~RUGGED SAVIOR

TL_Bare_B_V2

Haven't had Killstreaks for a long time ~MW2/BO, Ghosts has Pointstreaks.

BasicsOG

Scorestreaks make more sense to have in a game rather than Killstreaks

iAmEFFeX

Scorestreaks would be fine, but Treyarch implemented them terribly in Black Ops 2. Players who only play TDM got the short end of the stick. The scores need to be adjusted for modes that just focus on kills. I didn't see ANYONE getting high rewards in my matches in that game. It feels a lot better in Ghosts, but the rewards are just flat out boring, barely any thought went into them.

biron_w

Totally agree with that. 4 kills in TDM to just get the lowest streak. 4 kills and tags collected in KC gets a much higher streak.

The score for objectives in objective games needs to be higher like 100+ points but only 25 points for a kill. But it should be 150 points for a kill in TDM.

I definitely want scorestreaks back. It was the best system yet.

TL_Bare_B_V2

That's how it should be, players should be rewarded for playing the objective.  Within the first 2 weeks of Ghosts being I released I said with the lack of reward for objective play game modes will get boring and stale and I was right, people sat in corners (more then usual) in order to earn their streaks, whilst objective players who were taking the risk we're being punished.

Gerbera

Scorestreaks would be fine, but only if they're changed around a bit from BO2.

BO2's use of Scorestreaks was way too rewarding in giving points for virtually anything you did so while the intent on having players play the objective more (primary reason) was good, there was just not much incentive in the long run because points for streaks could easily be earned doing other things, including camping and not seen as worth risking losing your streak over.

It's one of the reasons why there was so many "EMP Grenade is OP!!!!!" complaint discussions (besides people just being unwilling to NOT use Bouncing Betties, Claymores, Shock Charges and such). With so much use of lingering equipment, a single EMP Grenade could net a few mid-tier Scorestreaks because of getting so many points due to taking out a bunch of equipment at once (and an assist if a teammate kills a hit player).

Certain Scorestreak chains were also easy to maintain while powerful too because of the points rewarded for their use (for kills or assist points). Like UAV + CUAV + VSAT was constant radar control, or Hunter Killer + Hellstorm Missile + Lightning Strike allowed you to keep easily raining fire from above, all because the Scorestreak System of BO2 was THAT easy and rewarding. A single player should not have SO much easy match control with 3 low to mid-low tier streaks (which is why it's good that Ghosts' streaks aren't all so powerful).

thebiindsniper

As far as destroying enemy killstreaks, destroying enemy equipment, pursuing/assisting objectives, and minor kills, the points should flow.  With that being said, I agree that points should not be offered for set parameters above when a scorestreak itself was used, especially those extra points for UAV/CUAV/VSAT assists.

If the EMP grenade came back, then perhaps the radius should be decreased and/or the blast should not be able to pass through walls.  However, I would REALLY like to have Black Hats again.  Those things were badass.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

nicedrewishfela

Scorestreaks all the way.

There is much more to the game than just getting kills, other positive actions should be rewarded.

Scorestreaks sound good... on paper. In reality they are easy to abuse. I remember when in BO2 people let the enemy team take the objective just to get more score. Also sometime the method of gaining score is not really logical. For example in HQ if you stand in the open next to HQ then you get extra score. But if you protect the HQ from a cover from few meters away then you don't get extra score.

They could include a scorestreak system but they need to tweak it.

iKristin

I kinda like both.  It's nice to have things mixed up.  As uncomfortable as it is at first, I'm glad w/ every new COD game, something is always changed.  <3