12 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2014 11:58 AM by OUHATEME RSS

Sledgehammer and Activision should push  Beachhead to use the forums

OUHATEME

I am one that would like to see Sledgehammer and Activision flex a little muscle and force beachhead to communicate through the forums and the whatever version of the app they use for this cod..not twitter or anything else . Not a rule change is some passing twitter that people have to search for . Make them use the cod hub to communicate with there end users. They had zero communication with treyarch and spotted communication with iw . The concepts are there ,proper implementation and communication could help it go through the roof. A proper support system for it through the forums would go a long way as well. This has been mentioned in the ghost forums and well even less communication as time rolls on.

• Re: Sledgehammer and Activision should push  Beachhead to use the forums
          ghamorra

I remember 3ish years ago the forums were on fire. There was a lot of activity, lots of conversations going at a time, and it was actually fun. Now the forums are slow and the most action I get with is with forum regulars who I often share very similar views with so our conversations don't get too terribly interesting.

I've come to find out that Acitivision has several outlets they use to contact their community and it seems as if the forum ranks at the bottom of it's priority list. It's Reddit page, from what I hear, has a ton of AMA's and developers chats. It's Twitter constantly gets referenced too on the forum as a popular place to be, and I'm sure they have Tumblr, Instagram, and FB. The forum seems to only exist for it's Support page.

matuzz

Activision should boot Beachhead.

TL_Bare_B_V2

Activision should just leave beachhead behind, they can't even run an app.

OUHATEME

It is beyond ultimatum time for beachhead makes you wonder why they are still there? Does someone have an in law that works at beachhead? Do they have some wicked photos of someone in a bad position that they use as leverage ? Elite started out good then fell apart pretty quick but you could access it via the console .. the ghost app if you didn't have the correct devise you were left in the dark. The fact that this many people stick with it goes to show we want something and we like the concept just make it work and accessible for as many as possible . It doesn't have to have beachheads name on it. If they offered a product that would work , get away from the people that they let influence it now and talk to some fresh people who just want them to be fun and fair no telling how far they could go.

AH well just wishful thinking .

maccabi

OUHATEME wrote:

I am one that would like to see Sledgehammer and Activision flex a little muscle and force beachhead to communicate through the forums and the whatever version of the app they use for this cod..not twitter or anything else . Not a rule change is some passing twitter that people have to search for . Make them use the cod hub to communicate with there end users. They had zero communication with treyarch and spotted communication with iw . The concepts are there ,proper implementation and communication could help it go through the roof. A proper support system for it through the forums would go a long way as well. This has been mentioned in the ghost forums and well even less communication as time rolls on.

Ironically Sledgehammer are using reddit to communicate with the cod community too..

As a "community hub" the codhq is lacking majorly

But i have mentioned numerous times about Beachhead using reddit to announce stuff, months ago they promised to frequent the forums and nothing came of it.. the codhq is basically dying/died nowadays as an avenue for dev interaction

otisman666

Also, why would the OP think that Activ or SH would ever entice Beach Head to participate on the forums?  To date, has SH ever posted a thread or started a discussion on these COD forums?  I don't think so.  The closest they came to the forums was when they had GHANDI tell us that they had indeed properly implemented the FG and Shotgun patches back during MW3.  So why would they tell BH to participate when they don't hold the forums in very high esteem?

I was actually shocked to come on find that these forums were created again for the new game.

OUHATEME

Because some may think it foolhardy for me to say anything why should that stop me. I can post in the hopes that some of this gets seen and even the slimmer chance that it gets acted upon. If I say or do nothing and just sit back then I would just become part of the crowd . Beachhead has responded to threads in the past and as with bo2 when it is going against them they seem to walk backwards away from it . So I do know that they at least take a peak at the forums here and there.. 

Either way thanks for your input.