1 2 3 4 5 6 Previous Next 55 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2014 8:22 PM by Rexens_View Go to original post RSS
      • 30. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
        rainmaker6

The absurdity of complaining that a game isn't fun for months on end is mind boggling. I bought BO2, hated it and stopped playing after 6 weeks. I never posted any complaints about the game. When you see someone complaining for months it's not because they aren't playing, it's because they play and are getting owned, and they don't like.

These are the people who believe every play style but their own should be crippled so everyone else is forced to play their "legitimate" game style. How many times have you heard someone post COD is an arcade fast paced shooter. Which is why they endlessly post their agenda filled complaints about camping, IED, amplify, TTK, thermals etc etc to achieve their singular goal, to persuade the developers to cripple every game style but their own. They are not looking for an even playing field. They complain until the playing field is heavily skewed in their favor. Which is why you see game modes like heavy duty fail. The vocal minority trying to impose their style on the majority. If the majority won't voluntarily play the fast paced shooter style they whine until the developers impose it.

This is why we get nerfs to AR, IED, amplify, sniper rifles, buffs to dead silence and SMG, game modes like cranked and heavy duty and tiny expansion maps with maze like environments. Add to that fact most perks are for run and gunners the  legitimacy of their complaints and the motive behind them are transparently obvious.

That isn't to say there aren't some legitimate complaints about Ghost. As I have said from the start the awe factor is gone. Kill streaks are lame and the challenge of "prestiging" is gone. Yes I know you don't like powerful kill streaks but I don't believe the majority  would agree with that. And as far as my motive in wanting powerful kill streaks to return, I have never had better stats, In fact every stat I have in Ghost is far better than any stat I have in any previous COD and I doubt better kills streaks would help me. I do think however it would make the game more fun to play and my stats show I don't have any hidden agenda behind saying that. 

• 31. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
          Carvalho16

If you were to do a mass opinion poll about which COD game is the least 'fun' or the most 'boring', Ghosts would top either list. Hate to use Youtube for reference but type in 'Black Ops II Boring' and then type in 'Call of Duty Ghosts Boring', and compare the results. Apart from a troll video by Elpresador there is no such video making that complaint about Black Ops II whereas Ghosts videos are in at least double figures by varying Youtubers. Most popular COD Youtubers, I believe don't even upload Ghosts gameplays anymore because they aren't really entertaining to watch.

Large maps and boring Assault Streaks have seriously damaged this entry of the series judging from people who I know that say Ghosts is terrible (Which I completely agree with although I think Ghosts is a good game). Also something I particularly loath in Quickscoping received a major nerf from the previous game which has evidently damaged the sniping community. The player numbers here are telling. MW3 hurt the series by making people think tiny, small maps are the only way to play and now they are stuck in that mindset but the problem is Infinity Ward created a game here that had a completely opposite map style compared to the last 2 games, without making 7 vs 7 or even 8 vs 8 the default number for maps like Siege and Stonehaven. You cannot spring such a drastic change on a community without a negative fallout.

Not to say 'fun' is the be all end all of a game as shown by the terrible Titanfall numbers and the abomination known as MW3 but it has hurt Ghosts here. Apart from Extinction I don't really feel Infinity Ward has got a lot right this game. Never really understood what their marketing focus was either apart from a dog of all things. The streaks have really suffered in this game and I hear hypocritical people all the time say "Take streaks out of COD", whilst at the same time never having played a game of Barebones in their lives. Without streaks you basically have a clone of all other FPSs out there.

• 32. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
            slyd0g55

Exit Fun Enter Compete ,

To put the game down and move on, is and proven with the many replies harder to do, like a bad habit, With many experiences for them on past titles their expectations are some what distort on what's on offer.

Maybe IW is picking this vibe up?The new field order challenges are an attempt to "spice" the game up... Or maybe after hours upon hours of time spent on CoD the game loses the fun factor ... It's a War game and PvP - Fun's nemesis?  

• 33. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
              Izjar11

The way you write about Ghost's would imply that you would not play the game, so what are you doing writing about a game you do not like?

• 34. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                ghamorra

Black Ops II was certainly not boring at all. I found that game quite entertaining and always looked forward to BS that was associated with it.

The worst experience I have in Ghosts are spawns but to be honest I'd take a bad spawn over lag, OP airsupport, spawntrapping, C4, Target Finders, constant UAVs, and SMG worship.

• 35. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                  Izjar11

slyd0g55 wrote:

Exit Fun Enter Compete ,

To put the game down and move on, is and proven with the many replies harder to do, like a bad habit, With many experiences for them on past titles their expectations are some what distort on what's on offer.

Maybe IW is picking this vibe up?The new field order challenges are an attempt to "spice" the game up... Or maybe after hours upon hours of time spent on CoD the game loses the fun factor ... It's a War game and PvP - Fun's nemesis?

I have many hours logged into COD games, and I do get bored of playing COD (in general) and I stop naturally because I know when to stop. Feeling burned by COD is one thing, but stating they no longer have fun, because there are no OP killstreaks, or packs of dogs, or packs of drones, or what ever is lame.

• 36. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                    ghamorra

Some don't know the difference between fun and completely inhalation. Ever watch Game of Thrones. Geoffery thinks fun is killing innocents and being a complete toolbag. To him nothing else matters. I'm not calling those in the community who thought Black OPs II's Scorestreak reward system fair and balanced psychotic dictators but I think they have something in common. They only think destroying the weak to be enjoyable while you, a select few others, and myself see the benefit in knowing that there's other's who are better than us. To me fun is facing unfavorable odds.

• 37. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                      Izjar11

ghamorra wrote:

Some don't know the difference between fun and completely inhalation. Ever watch Game of Thrones. Geoffery thinks fun is killing innocents and being a complete toolbag. To him nothing else matters. I'm not calling those in the community who thought Black OPs II's Scorestreak reward system fair and balanced psychotic dictators but I think they have something in common. They only think destroying the weak to be enjoyable while you, a select few others, and myself see the benefit in knowing that there's other's who are better than us. To me fun is facing unfavorable odds.

thats an interesting view point, and I think you correct in assuming they want to shame their opponents and end games quickly.

Great point!

• 38. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                        FalconR6

The most fun matches of any cod I play are the close ones. I get amped when domination games are running down to the wire.

Playing as a lone wolf I do die a lot and lose a lot. But the thing is - I love the challenge. If I come up against a clan that is mowing us all down I find the enjoyment from taking them down with me.

Unfortunately, it seems more and more gamers only get their thrills from winning with high KD's. This is a shame. There really seems to be unrealistic expectations of gamers. What I mean is that some folk can't stand being on the receiving end of an arse whooping and end up bailing --> ruining the run of those that are having a good match.  To me its simple - we play against online opponents, some are average, some are good, and some beast,,,,you cannot win all the time.

O yeah....I enjoy blowing stuff up. Some times its just more fun to go boooom than use bullets.

• 39. Re: The "Fun" Debate or another excuse.
                          rainmaker6

FalconR6 wrote:

O yeah....I enjoy blowing stuff up. Some times its just more fun to go boooom than use bullets.

So did I. To this day I still think the chopper gunner and AC130 were the best, most entertaining kill streaks to use. If IW wanted to make the streaks less common because points are now given for destroying equipment they could have increased the point count (which they actually did). But IMO removing them was a big mistake.