13 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 1:19 AM by xoMrSLAVEox RSS

Idea for call of duty.....old days

Flintlock

black powder

cannons

perk system stays, but the terrain changes. 

Every country at some point had a revolution so doesnt really matter what theme

You could go old west with it.  6 shooters, henry rifle

• Test #1
          Re: Idea for call of duty.....old days

no.

Last Edited: May 26, 2014 3:31 PM
          • Test #1

It would be better than the Titanfall ripoff Activision is trying to push on us.

Last Edited: May 27, 2014 12:40 AM
              • Test #1

somehow I don't think so. I'm actually looking forward to the titanfall ripoff!

bout time it got changed up a bit.

good job activision.

Last Edited: May 27, 2014 3:31 PM
                • Test #1

Mech in the trailer? Hurr durr, Titanfall clone.

These games have been in development for the same amount of time. Stop being a jackass and following what the other idiots on YouTube comments say.

Last Edited: May 27, 2014 5:51 PM
                    • Test #1

Stop being a jackass and learn to see something for what it is.  Wall climbing, cloaking, upgradeable armor that feels very "mech-like?"  If you actually think that Activision isn't biting Respawn's style just a little bit, then I can't help you.

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 2:48 AM
                        • Test #1

Wall climbing isn't in Titanfall (you can cling and run on them) and you do know cloaking has been in Black Ops 2, right? What's to say they didn't copy Call of Duty (and besides that, cloaking isn't even a knew FPS mechanic anyway, which makes that point even more useless). And I don't understand how the exoskeleton is "mech-like". According to a simple google search, the definition of a Mech or Mecha is a mechanical robot or machine controlled by a user. The exoskeleton isn't a robot, and it's not controlled.  According to Wikipedia, the purpose of this armor (because these things do actually exist, unlike Mechs) are to "boost the strength and power of the user". Also, you are aware that Respawn is an entire studio of ex-Call of Duty developers right? Titanfall has been criticized for playing so much like Call of Duty, and yet a Call of Duty game, which has been in development longer than or just as long as Titanfall, is somehow copying its style. Unless you have the game already and can compare them side by side, then you have no proof for any of your claims.

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 2:38 AM
                    • Test #1

I  kind of like it it might make it a little more difficult if you have to load powder and a ball every time you shoot but it would only work as a strategy game because it would be hard to have fast moving game play if you have to go through so much just to get one shot off id end up switching to a bow and arrow lol.

Last Edited: May 27, 2014 7:47 PM
                      • Test #1

Interesting idea, May have to include a cavalry element or base it on ww 1.

Last Edited: May 28, 2014 6:48 AM
                        • Test #1

It would be fun:) and silenced weapons could be normal bows and crossbows and early modes of silencers, there should be mustard gas in use too what they used in ww1, flashbang could be made from 1890 cameras the magnesium flash. List is long what there could be in it....

Last Edited: May 28, 2014 11:44 PM
                          • Test #1

Yeah, everyone lines up in two lines facing each other.  When the countdown ends, last man standing wins!

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 2:09 AM
                            • Test #1

I honestly wouldn't want this. WW1 wouldn't be fun (sitting in trenches shooting each other isn't all that great) and the flintlock era would be BORING (I'd rather not spend 15 or more seconds reloading a gun that can only shoot once before reloading again) and the cowboy era isn't much to talk about (because it only lasted for such a short time and they were still limited to powder weapons as well).

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 2:43 AM
                                • Test #1

WW1 trench warfare would be fun, and the Patton tank attack. W@W was a flank the enemy blast, and WW1 game format could be the same. This war was a revolution in technology for its time with mechanized warfare, and trench take over, retreating back to another trench, which could offer a great game mode. I would suggest reading about some of the tactics deployed, and new equipment that was introduced in this era.

No perks, no kill steaks, and classic gun attachments would be a delight to size up good players from bad ones.

Last Edited: May 29, 2014 6:05 PM
                                  • Test #1
                                    ww1 guns was little better than flintlocks
                                    Last Edited: May 30, 2014 1:19 AM