1 9 10 11 12 13 14 Previous Next 139 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2014 9:54 PM by myevo8you Go to original post RSS
      • 100. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
        rainmaker6

trialstardragon wrote:

Again those that cried about the ied before it was nerfed are just those that did not want to have to give up their precious setup in order to counter it...entitlement players that felt the game should not force them to have to change how they play.. so they wined until it was changed so they didn't have to anymore.

Exactly!

• 101. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
          thebiindsniper

trialstardragon wrote:

So what.. quit crying over the cost of the perk and the equipment.. the costs are not meant to be fair or equal in all situations...

Again those that cried about the ied before it was nerfed are just those that did not want to have to give up their precious setup in order to counter it...entitlement players that felt the game should not force them to have to change how they play.. so they wined until it was changed so they didn't have to anymore.

I always wondered why people still think IEDs are OK.  You look at the forum posts and you'll have hundreds of threads pertaining to the exact subject of how they're too powerful.  What bothers me the most is how bouncing betties and/or claymores didn't return.  As mentioned before in an earlier reply, those pieces of equipment from Black Ops 2 were fair and balanced because of the following:

1. They had more glaring weaknesses making them less overpowered against careful players.  Glaring weaknesses such as crouching/going prone under betties, and flanking/jumping over claymores.
          2. With the glaring weaknesses, the equipment detection perks were less of a requirement and more of a convenience to equip.  In other words, players weren't punished for not equipping the perk.

With IEDs, they have the pro abilities of betties and claymores bundled together with minimal weaknesses (meaning you cannot crouch, go prone, flank, or jump over it without taking damage or dying).

Riddle me this:  How many times were claymores and bouncing betties nerfed in Black Ops 2?  Answer: None (edit:  yes there was one patch applied to betties, but it was a 0.2 second added delay to something that I could already dodge).

Now, how many times were IEDs nerfed?  Answer:  Twice (yet they're still powerful, especially with Danger Close).

P.S. - The blinking light is a feeble excuse to counter the OP argument.  Nobody can see the blinking light because it's not bright enough to be seen.

Click this video and look at the bottom screen.  Call of Duty: Ghosts - How to Survive an IED EVERY TIME! (COD Ghost Multiplayer I.E.D. Tip) - YouTube

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 102. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
            STEELERPRIDE7

Please find the answer to your riddle below.  Barely a month after release the cryhards got their way with the Bouncing Betties.  They doubled the "grace period" thus giving anyone under the age of 70 the opportunity to crouch or go prone in time rendering them nearly useless.  Before the patch, they were effective.  Protip:  It lends to your credibility, if you know what you're talking about BEFORE you go spouting off "riddles" in your effort to be "cute".

Game Update Notes:  Dec 8, 2012 (Black Ops 2)

Equipment/Grenades:

• Bouncing Betty: increased the grace period between trigger and activation by 200ms.
              • Sensor Grenade: increased the range (now 1000 units), frequency (now 800ms between pings), and amount of time (now 6s) that players appear after explosion.
              • Concussion Grenade: decreased movement penalty and turn speed penalty when hit.
            • 103. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
              thebiindsniper

200ms equals 0.2 seconds.  I barely find that a major change, especially when prior to that, I was dodging them like a pro.  The point was that IEDs will never be truly nerfed even after the two that were applied.  Bouncing betties were always more balanced.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 104. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....

Got to be honest, I think it's due to the ever dwindling quality of players playing the recent Call of Duty titles that leads to the constant nerfing of items like IEDs. And it is because of a word I keep seeing pop up over this thread and the responses there in, entitlement.

I've been on the series since Call of Duty 4 and played competitively in COD4/Mw2, and I wouldn't have dreamed of running an SND/TDM class without bomb squad, and if I did i'd run it cautiously. I'd apply that same logic to this game with the defence explosives in this title.

The fact is the quality of players seems to be determined by their load outs, not their common sense and in game decision making

• 106. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
                  thebiindsniper

The dwindling player skill is often the subject related to the retaliatory remarks I get when carefully discussing why set features are too powerful.  Another excuse includes my "inability to adapt", especially when it came to players abusing stopping power, juggernaut, danger close with endless replenishable grenade launchers, commando knife lunging, UAV spamming, C4 + Riotshield tossing, and more.

Is it my skill level at fault when faced with a major disadvantage from set features, or are they giving players too much of an advantage?  If something gives too much of an advantage, it's going to be used and spammed 90% of the time because it keeps the player happy knowing they'll perform well.  That's why a lot of people considered MW2 fun because that game offered the most overpowered setups to allow those gamers to excel greatly.  That's why you see IEDs spammed so often in Ghosts.

FYI, I'm a reasonable and mature gamer who carefully outlines the positives and negatives of each element within the game, so don't judge me as a kid who say something is OP just because it killed me.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 107. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....

They were not nerfed because they were two separate devices each very easy to avoid.. the ied was a new beast not so easy and players cried about it to the point it was nerfed to be back like those two easy devices and never should have been done.

They should not have to have glaring weakness for them to be in the game or be balanced or fair.. there are many counters to them and could be used by anyone, just players did not want to have to change their perfect perk setup to do so, so cried they were too strong. When really it was just the entitlement minded generation crying that the game was not as easy as they felt it should be.

Players should always be punished for making the wrong choices, it should not be.,.use if you want but not have too to counter something. That is the whole purpose of perks.. to be used for the advantage they give.. not just a whim use because it may give an advantage.

If you cannot see the light then you are blind it is every easy to see unless they are placed behind something or above a door way and that is the price for them.. They should not be simple and easy to see all the time..like the glaring light that came of the tac inserts in BO..

Players should have to slow down when entering a room coming around a blind corner and not just be able to spring mindlessly by with no worries at all.

This game has been numbed down so much it is a joke and two year old could play it and get high streaks because of how easy the game was made to fit the entitlement generation that feels they should never have to adapt to a new game ever.. that the game should always be adapted to them instead...

• 108. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
                      STEELERPRIDE7

Given proof and you dismiss it because it's not "your definition" of a nerf?  Classic.  It was a major nerf to Bouncing Betties.  Prior to the nerf it was only 200 milliseconds or 0.2 seconds grace period.  After the patch, it became 0.4 seconds allowing anyone with a pulse to crouch or go prone in time.  I clearly remember being impressed at how effective they were upon release and also clearly noticed how ineffective they became after the patch (within one month of release which loudly indicates they were not "balanced" according to the cryhards).

The same goes with the IED.  From Day 1, I've used IEDs on nearly every class and am well aware of their effectiveness and increasing lack thereof after multiple nerfs.   Removing the player position check relative to the placement of the IED is a "true nerf".  Sorry if things don't fit "your definition" of a nerf... Giving players 3 more ways (going prone, crouching, or jumping regardless of IED placement) to evade an already easily avoidable death is a true nerf.  The IED was in no way enhanced by either patch, therefore making it in COD jargon a "nerf".

Out of curiosity, what weapons or equipment have you deemed to be "truly nerfed" and why?  Also, what is your actual definition of a "nerf"?

• 109. Re: So let me get this straight about IED's....
                        AntiGov

thebiindsniper wrote:

The dwindling player skill is often the subject related to the retaliatory remarks I get when carefully discussing why set features are too powerful.  Another excuse includes my "inability to adapt", especially when it came to players abusing stopping power, juggernaut, danger close with endless replenishable grenade launchers, commando knife lunging, UAV spamming, C4 + Riotshield tossing, and more.

Is it my skill level at fault when faced with a major disadvantage from set features, or are they giving players too much of an advantage?  If something gives too much of an advantage, it's going to be used and spammed 90% of the time because it keeps the player happy knowing they'll perform well.  That's why a lot of people considered MW2 fun because that game offered the most overpowered setups to allow those gamers to excel greatly.  That's why you see IEDs spammed so often in Ghosts.

FYI, I'm a reasonable and mature gamer who carefully outlines the positives and negatives of each element within the game, so don't judge me as a kid who say something is OP just because it killed me.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

Well said, I agree 100%.

I find it rather frustrating that the majority of forum goers believe that changes are made to the game due to discussion here. When something is broken it's painfully obvious because a lot of people will abuse it. It's obvious the developers closely monitor what we're actually doing in game. It's the data that invokes the changes and not the tears of a thousand children on these forums.