6 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2014 11:07 AM by Mini0510 RSS

Russians

OGHF

Any idea when Activision is going to ban players from the Russian Federation? EA have done it on BF4 servers, and as Activision is a U.S. company, surely they should also be supporting this course of action? I can't see there being any negative impact, as most hackers originate from there anyway. May lower the numbers globally, but it would be less painful to play.

• Re: Russians
          radical_53

Don't they have their own servers anyhow? Used to be like that in BO2.

OGHF
              No, they are dumped in with us western Europeans. It would be good if they did have their own servers to violate.
                  radical_53

Ok thanks, I didn't know this. The game still runs very poor for me so I've only accumulated around 10-11 hours so far. As I didn't spot any cyrillic signs while I was there, I thought they'd have used the same system as before.

I guess, with that information, that Ghosts is an even bigger fail than I was aware of.

OGHF

Don't get me wrong, the game itself is ok. Get in a lobby with a lot of friends/clan and you will enjoy it. The clan im fills the server on a regular basis.

Activision and IW seriously need to listen to the community. Recent figures show PC gaming is on the up again. More potential customers, but not if they continue to ship poorly put together games, and then turn their backs on us when we ask for help.

The game maybe already dead, although a decent promo price and a couple of good security patches might grab a few more players.

As I said in my original post, just need to separate the eastern European servers from western European servers, and give new legit players a chance to enjoy the game.

Rethill2

OGHF wrote:

Any idea when Activision is going to ban players from the Russian Federation? EA have done it on BF4 servers, and as Activision is a U.S. company, surely they should also be supporting this course of action? I can't see there being any negative impact, as most hackers originate from there anyway. May lower the numbers globally, but it would be less painful to play.

It's funny, the most hackers I see are either Aussies or Russians in both CoD and Counter Strike. I guess it stems from the fact that you'll get high ping pretty much anywhere, so playing legit is probably fairly tough for them.

Either that or it's just for steamin beans.

Mini0510

set your maxping in the multiplayer config file. Then you are less likely to run into foreigners. Well, unless you are in Europe, then it's kind of difficult.