30 Replies Latest reply: Jun 12, 2014 1:10 PM by like2nap03 RSS

Why so laggy?

like2nap03

Anyone else getting more lag lately?  Or is it just me and bad luck with the matchmaking? The last 3 days have been horrible.  Reminds me of when the game came out where half my matches lagged like hell and half didn't.  It's probably just foreigners in the lobby.  Not everyone has a mic so I can't tell, but I did get a few Frenchies tonight and that really dragged down the fun factor.  Had to struggle just to break a 2.0KD against negative KD players.  Not fun.

• Re: Why so laggy?
          like2nap03

Actually a more accurate statement would be it's been that way for about a week.  I was trying to let it slide, but I finally had to rant about it and see if anyone else is experiencing this. 

the1andonlyIKY

Well. I played a few games with you. Eh. Not too bad, not too great.

kevinl75

I've just posted a similar thread, Im finding the gaming so up and down at the moment been like it for about a week.. one minute your ontop and having a good run then the next game its role reversal... Im being shot before my gun is even up... especially when you have ready up.. ....

I lasted an hour last night before I put watchdog back in... Its gets frustrating when you know your not that bad, and these guys are jumping around and you can't see them till they shoot you... then in another game your jumping around shooting the same people and they are moaning like hell.. just no consistancy...

LucaPac

If you hate the lag buy Mario Kart 8, it has dedicated servers, 0 lag

BobbyMcGee

except dedi's provide nothing more than a stable host, they have no real effect on lag or other players sh!tty wifi internet

bughunt

The way the networking works in Mario Kart is different to Call of Duty.  While it won't fix other peoples crappy internet, it will stop their crappy internet having a direct affect on your connection.  If they have diddled their connection or have really bad ping then the only person they are screwing is themselves.  All other racers (to them) will be teleporting.  To other racers it will be that person teleporting.  Pretty much makes the game unplayable for that person when 11 other players are warping around, items are appearing out of nowhere, etc.  It will occasionally cause a bit of a problem for other people, but nowhere near as bad as it does in (recent) Call of Duty games.

The only time this will be a problem is during private matches where the player hosts the room.

With Mario Kart the better your connection the better your experience...as it should be.

BobbyMcGee

i just figured that it would still make them a pain to hit with shells etc, i still haven't got the game.

bughunt

It can make it a bit of a pain at times, but it is many many times worse for them.  I remember playing the MKWii when everybody decided to share and watch youtube videos.  I could still race fine and not have a problem except for my items being wiped out by invisible people, getting bumped and bashed out of the blue by other players teleporting into my raceline, being destroyed by items out of nowhere and having bananas magically appear before me lol  It was utter hell and I had to stop racing after the race ended.

Dealing with a random racer on dialup isn't that bad once you adjust.  You can be damn sure that they won't be getting "god mode" type assistance, though

LucaPac

No, It's very hard to find a match without lag in CoD, never found a match with lag in MK8, even in private lobbies.

I live in Italy, here the adsl is not as good as in the USA or other european countries, but even with a poor 7Mb connection the game runs perfectly online. I don't see people teleporting as bughunt said, that's because the game has a very efficient netcode+ dedicated servers.

Try it, you'll be surprised

like2nap03

Got MK8 but probably won't bust it out till tomorrow.

like2nap03

At least it's not just me.

BobbyMcGee

i just played a few slow games after taking a few months off, it seemed fine to me. except the first match already under way when my knife went through someone, but everything else was fine after that. even went 19/0 my last match.

like2nap03

BobbyMcGee wrote:

i just played a few slow games after taking a few months off, it seemed fine to me. except the first match already under way when my knife went through someone, but everything else was fine after that. even went 19/0 my last match.

Some folks had mics this weekend.  Lots of French players.  I think I'm just getting thrown into French lobbies again.  *shrugs*   It happens.  Guess I'll get a croissant while I'm over here.

i have this game on ps4. the controls are horrible. and theyre having alot of framerate issues.  hahahahaha wiiu community is trash with no dlc. this game is amazing on ps4. and dlc. and a non camping community i can enjoy kill confirmed hc in all day. 

BobbyMcGee

bleh...

bughunt

camperkillacastiel wrote:

i have this game on ps4. the controls are horrible. and theyre having alot of framerate issues.  hahahahaha wiiu community is trash with no dlc. this game is amazing on ps4. and dlc. and a non camping community i can enjoy kill confirmed hc in all day.

States that he has the game on the PS4 and begins to down talk it.  Talks about how horrible the controls are for it and exclaims what the framerate is like.

Then trash talks the Wii U community and mentions the lack of DLC.

Then forgets what he initially said and praises the PS4 version...

Did you take a nap between sentences or something?

A community is only as good as the members within it and you have done the Wii U community a great service.  While I do feel sorry for them...the PS4 community is welcome to have you.

We'll see you come crawling back if and when it is possible for weak and crappy players to cheat and look "bad ass"...just watch.

WiimotesRus02

Best news I've seen here in years. Never to hear your stupid BS in game again. When ever I killed you, you shouted camper, just so your team thought you hadn't been out played. God help the PS4 players, but at last we get a break. Funny thing though, all the people I know with a PS4 says there are campers in that game too, just like on Xbox and xbone, Me thinks you're trolling again, just a hunch Sad little boy

like2nap03

I don't even want to break down this post.  I mean there's so much wrong with it.  Yeah....I'm just gonna move on.

Ive just posted this on the xbox forums, but he says no campers on ps4 hckc ?? I can confirm that ive played on 360 and ps4 and I can only play HC due to lag in core, and its THE CAMPIEST COMMUNITY IVE EVER SEEN.

I just played 1 game and got 72 tags, going 15-35. we won 75-15. NO ONE COLLECTS TAGS THEY JUST SIT IN CORNERS OR LIE IN GRASS IN GHILLIE SUITS AND DONT MOVE THE ENTIRE GAME!

Same with domination, and dont get me started on drop zone! No one goes near the zone, just snipe from 200 yds away

Id never diss the U community, and I never thought id say this, but connection is BETTER on the wiiu. Blops2 had an update this week to put the advanced warfare camo pack in the game, and since tues,weds its simply unplayable. Im .5 secs behind constantly. So much so, im back playing ghosts.

Youre missing out on the dlc, thats gota be said. The maps are good, and the voice over packs are wicked. Listening to Snoop tell you that youre `Jammin` when you use your jammer is epic!

You have the better connection, and the better community

Meant to say, my accuracy on wiiu was around 15-16% , 3.75 kdr , my accuracy on blops 2 on xbox is around 10% with ARs, 9% with SMGs. I checked Ghosts last night, my accuracy is 2%! Thats impossible, I cant miss with 49 out of every 50 bullets, the issue is lag, major lag. Im aiming at guys who arent there, theres numerous times ive run past someone and died, and on my screen they simply was not there.

WiimotesRus02

BlueEyedAlien wrote:

You have the better connection, and the better community

Now that idiot is gone we have an awesome community Sadly, he's like an aggressive cancer, and sooner or later he'll be back..

like2nap03

I guess the low player count is to blame.  190 in TDM tonight and it's laggy as heck.  Feel like I'm lucky to get a good game these days.  Guess I need to try more Mario Kart.  Or y'all could all come back to Ghosts.

like2nap03

Team up with IKY and lag goes away.  Should have done that to begin with.  What you playing tomorrow IKY?

the1andonlyIKY

Haha. Thanks. Idk what to say to that... Me and my 740-743 kbps bandwidth I did get on tonight. You musta been on mariokart. Honestly, currently I still enjoy Ghosts more. Why? In MK8, there's not so much of a single player experience...to unlock more characters and stuff...as in the past. And it's so much harder to coordinate with friends. CoD has me spoiled now. I enjoy the conversations that I get to have. In MK8, you have to hope someone will join your private lobby or that they're in one, and then you can only play against each other and computers.

BobbyMcGee

idk what you mean you can join friends through your friendslist...but honestly im not to impressed with mk8. granted im improving but it forces you to play sooooo fuggin defensively i dont enjoy it, and the item distribution is a joke. oh, btw, the other day when you found me in "no item racing" it was priceless when off the start you repeatedly slammed into me, lol. youre supposed to avoid slowing down by taking hits lol, once other drivers get so far ahead you cant catch them especially with no items.

like2nap03

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

Haha. Thanks. Idk what to say to that... Me and my 740-743 kbps bandwidth I did get on tonight. You musta been on mariokart. Honestly, currently I still enjoy Ghosts more. Why? In MK8, there's not so much of a single player experience...to unlock more characters and stuff...as in the past. And it's so much harder to coordinate with friends. CoD has me spoiled now. I enjoy the conversations that I get to have. In MK8, you have to hope someone will join your private lobby or that they're in one, and then you can only play against each other and computers.

Well it's the ping that is important and you're close enough that the ping is fine.  It's the constant French lobbies I get into that kill it for me.  I see soooooo many French Players these days.  I hate having to struggle against terrible, sub 1.0KDR players just because my bullets go through them.  I was right too.  My accuracy dropped some because of it. 

I started out on Windwaker to finally finish it.  Then went to Mario Kart single player.  Trying to chip away at that to earn stuff.  Honestly one think i don't like about Mario Kart is the sheer amount of luck involved.  I don't have good luck.  In COD, unless lag comp is kicking my tail, I'm going to do well.  Skill matters.  In Mario Kart you can lead the whole race and then get nailed by a blue shell at the last second and end up in 8th place.  I don't like that.  I mean I'm still going to play it with friends and family, but I don't like that winning has just as much to do with luck as it does with racing skill. 

BobbyMcGee

waits for nintendont to comment about mk skill......................lol! they messed up item distribution. you can be in 12th and get a banana or green shell, while 4th gets a gold shroom, meanwhile 1st gets coins non-stop...wtf?!? if youre in first you cant use a single item offensively, which is lame, all you can do is defense. i realize people didnt want mariokart wii 2 but im not sure why they went in the direction they did, you can be a great racer and it doesnt mean jack this title. wins are totally random, in a game about racing and competition! plus they destroyed battle mode.