47 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2014 6:23 PM by Deadpewl RSS

Is quickscoping cheating?

Ben Pufahl

Some of my friends and a lot of people I meet online say quickscoping is cheating and I argue with them that it isn't. They always get all mad but when i say "Give me a good reason how it is cheating", nobody can give me one . So I don't think it is. It still takes practice and skill to do...

• Re: Is quickscoping cheating?
          RedNight129

it not cheating, nor is it op it is just annoying

Ben Pufahl

Yeah, i agree it's annoying and bs but not everyone can see that.

RunAndGun1

RedNight129 wrote:

it not cheating, nor is it op it is just annoying

It IS op. Why? Because NO OTHER WEAPON has the same "bonus" feature as a quickscoping sniper has with the sniper rifle. The sniper rifle is designed for long distance kills. If it operates in any other fashion, it's not a sniper rifle. It's BS.

To say it's not OP is delusional. Unless ALL weapons have a similar "boost", then quickscoping stands ALONE in having a benefit that NO OTHER weapon has. It's quite obvious and simple. You're just ignoring the obvious. This topic has become like beating a dead horse. No one wants to admit to the absurdity of it because they would like to try it someday if they haven't already.

The bottom line is, give ALL weapons a similar boost, THEN you claim it's not OP. Because then it would be true. Until then, you're just being dishonest.

Voods

That is kind of the mind of a child and or someone who has no real weapons knowledge. I'll promise you at close range a proficient shooter is very likely to kill you with a .308 or larger round. The bonus that the Assault rifles get? Burst fire range...SMGs hipfire accuracy...shotguns pure stopping power...LMG sustained accuracy at mid-long...now thats just video game wise. Everything is semi balanced the issue is the exploit everyone overlooks and Infinity ward is trying to balance. Simply put the sniper rifle shouldnt have ANY auto aim from the hip but it does and you can utilize the aim assist from hip to scope transition for an insanely accurate shot w/o any skill beyond trigger timing.

OUHATEME

No it is not cheating, some don't like or care for it some do..

HEREIAMNOW

Its taking advantage of a glitch.  So yes it is cheating.  They might of made it harder to do...but the chrome lined totally makes up for that.  I hate OHK to death, off of a QS.  But the QS crybabies will come in here and defend it, so I will just alter my game play when I see enough of them and destroy them.

HEREIAMNOW

This is what I see when I see QS.   The bullets always hit me with their wild shots, I am moving and the hit marker isnt even on me, but it finds a way.

RedNight129

how is it a glitch

HEREIAMNOW

standard definition:  a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment.  Is there anything regular about Quick Scoping.  They suddenly pull up to aim and fire, and with little to no accuracy kill you with a sniper rifle where the hit markers arent even on you.

Dis this fit your criteria of a glitch?  People are exploiting a glitch in a game, that they can fix....but......

Bubbakush

It is not a glitch if they are getting hit marker on you but out of your body that is poor hit direction. If you are talking about seeing these things from a kill cam then that is your fault everyone and I mean EVERYONE knows the kill cams are wrong period they don't show what you see they show what the host sees which includes lag comp and everything else you can think of

HEREIAMNOW

I suppose you are right.  There is a delay in death for most people.  I run around a corner after getting shot, but still die.  Watch the killcam and I did make it around the corner while he was still shooting and I died.

Final Kill Cam shows the obviousness in this too.  Guy fires shotgun, the guy he shoots is still running, 1 second after he shoots the shotgun "once" the blood spills out and he dies.

But exploiting poor hit detection with QS is still exploiting a glitch, because QS is making the game irregular with the sniper rifle.  Just like running next to walls, makes you run faster.   That is a glitch as well.  Not to many people exploit this, but I do because I am a runner and gunner and I need to get places a little bit faster.  I like first blood.

Anyways, it sucks to die by QSers, but they arent the end all of the game.  Mostly they go negative anyways, or get low numbers.  Just an annoyance.

RunAndGun1

Bubbakush wrote:

It is not a glitch if they are getting hit marker on you but out of your body that is poor hit direction.

It started AS a glitch. And when the devs saw how popular it was, they LEFT IT IN. Why? Because it meant more sales of the game. Business 101.

You don't have to see a Killcam to see that its inaccurate. I've seen people quickscope from THEIR view. And when you slow down the action, you clearly see that the crosshairs were nowhere NEAR the enemy's body. It's a BS feature and should be removed.

Bubbakush

You have absolutely zero idea what you are talking about. QS is there for business my left nut.

rankismet

RunAndGun1 wrote:

Bubbakush wrote:

It is not a glitch if they are getting hit marker on you but out of your body that is poor hit direction.

It started AS a glitch. And when the devs saw how popular it was, they LEFT IT IN. Why? Because it meant more sales of the game. Business 101.

You don't have to see a Killcam to see that its inaccurate. I've seen people quickscope from THEIR view. And when you slow down the action, you clearly see that the crosshairs were nowhere NEAR the enemy's body. It's a BS feature and should be removed.

It's there because of the mechanics.

Until these are removed...

• Auto-aim (a.k.a sticky aim)
                                              • Center screen memory when ADS

... QS will remain.

It's not business 101.

Sniper_OldDays

Well just to let you know...

• Aim assist has already been removed by Infinity Ward in Ghosts. ONLY FOR SNIPERS!!! And guess what, we've been quickscoping just fine without it. You didn't even realise that it had been taken away for snipers which proves that the aim assist myth isn't true.
                                                  • Centre screen memory when ADS can be used by all guns in the game and technically is more of an advantage to smgs than to snipers.

Sorry to ruin your day mate

WilliamCL57

They need to further slow down Ads. Quickscoping isn't op, but it's annoying when going against as well on on your team because they kill you really stupidly, but they don't often get good scores and end up hurting your team. If snipers were removed from Cod. I wouldn't care a bit. Same with melee. The # of panic knifes I get a day is hilarious.

RunAndGun1

Quickscoping IS OP because it provides an advantage that NO OTHER WEAPON SHARES!!

If ALL weapons had a similar...let's call it "benefit"....then and ONLY then could you say it's not OP. But, this "benefit" is ONLY enjoyed by the snipers in the game. Giving them an UPPER HAND where NO ONE has a similar UPPER HAND.

Give SMG's the ability to One Shot Kill to the chest of an enemy from the opposite side of Stonehaven, and I will gladly accept your Quickscoping. Sniper rifles are LONG RANGE weapons and should be treated as such. Period. Case closed. Move on.

RedNight129

if it is op how come only a minority use it

Sniper_OldDays

If quickscoping is OP then why don't the pro players use them and run around quickscoping at mlg events? They don't. You might see one player use a sniper with overkill in SnD to get one kill (which is 99% of the time a hardscope) but otherwise they all use smg's and assault rifles. Why? Because they are the op guns. I quickscope for the challenge and the enjoyment of doing well with a handicapped weapon. When i use a smg i can easily drop 50 on a small map. You how much harder that is with a sniper? Why don't you try? Oh...wait. You won't. You'll moan, you'll complain, you'll get them nerfed but you won't ever try using one. Because you know you are at a disadvantage

rankismet

Cheating? No.

An reportable exploit? No.

An exploit none the less? Yep.

iHattoriHanzo0

rankismet wrote:

Cheating? No.

An reportable exploit? No.

An exploit none the less? Yep.

It may have been an exploit when it was first discovered by players, but once it was recognized and conscious decisions were made by the developers to keep, change, or rid the mechanic, it was no longer an exploit.

Sniper_OldDays

I totally agree with you. People only hate on quickscopers because they can't do it themselves. They say that we are taking advantage of broken game mechanics:

BS!

In ghosts they took off aim assist for snipers and we can still quickscope fine. They have no valid argument whatsoever

dayoldtamales

I hate quickscoping as well, as it has ruined the flow of CoD and led to sniper and SMG-dominance, but it comes right down to this.

Quickscoping is not cheating. It is simply firing the bullet before the weapon's ADS function is fully active, and taking advantage of the increase in accuracy due to the weapon no longer being fired from the hip. Technically, since all weapons in the game receive this same benefit, you are actually quickscoping every time you use ADS, with ANY weapon, IF you fire the bullet during the ADS process. Whether it is an assault rifle, pistol, shotgun, etc... you get the picture. This whole "it is a benefit no other weapon shares" thing is bullsh*t.

It isn't a glitch at all. In any way, shape or form. Snipers need to be aimed before they can fire. That is the point of the scope. That much needs to be made clear.

P.S., I'll be quite frank, it takes absolutely no skill to perform. All you people that try to flex your muscles and increase your self-worth by bragging that you can quickscope, look idiotic. It can be performed by any old average Joe. Don't feel special.

Shadowelite555

It is not cheating whatsoever. People hate being killed up close by a long-ranged rifle.

ButterflyDream

In ghosts quickscoping is not cheating, it is not op, and is actually a huge disadvantage.  People die from quick scopes because the either are bad, unlucky, or are playing against someone very very good. The latter would probably destroy even more with any other weapon. So that hardly counts.

There is a simple experiment to do. Find a decent quicksniper and a decent smg player. Put on Strikezone. Map OFF. If the decent smg player goes negative then he is not decent. Try it with map ON and it might be competitive. Do the same experiment but now 2v1. The sniper stands zero chance unless hardscopes, camps, and gets lucky.  People forget that this game is not 1v1 but 6v6 or 1v8 etc what i mean by that is if two guys are in front of me i could maybe kill 1 but not the other. Every other gun at least has a chance of taking both. if someone thinks it is op they really need to do an experiment.

Oh and if someone wants to have some great fun, set-up a private 1v1, one guy/gal is a magnum the other a sniper (map ON). Does not have to be QS gameplay, any style is good. I improved dramatically by trying to kill a guy running around on steroids, and also improved my aim with a pistol when i was the guy running around on steroids with the magnum. Warhawk is a great map for this.

Firesens

Majority of the time successful quickscoping is blind dumb luck or ping delay for the opposing player, the opposing players are not bad if they die from the bs which we call quickscoping.

ButterflyDream

Ping delay works adversely as well. You try sniping with even the slightest delay and before you can raise the sniper you are dead.  Ping delay is far more detrimental to a sniper than it is to any other weapon with the exception of a shotgun, possibly the most annoying thing in the world is to get knifed while firing a bulldog. I am not talking about too much lag as anybody with any weapon will die, that would sort of negate the ping argument.

Incidentally i have tried QS on LAN and my statement still sticks. If you are losing to a QS in ghosts then you are either bad, unlucky, or they are just very gifted. The unlucky part is because either you were out of position, unaware or lagged out. Going head on with a skilled player who actually will jump or drop shot is different to a pleb running towards you with no idea whatsoever.

LUCK has a component with ALL weapons. Blind luck is a skill i would love to learn, because all these fast snipers must have mastered the art of blind luck. It's actually laughable to negate the need for skill. Besides half the skill is positional awarness and that translates to all weapons.

FedFifa

Luck is the majority of it. There are some guys/gals who are good at it. But the most are people running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Just running around firing away hoping to hit something. Usually me when I am at about 20 kills and not even the guy they were trying to hit.

ButterflyDream

People do stupid things with all guns. The guy/gal rushing like a pleb with a sniper will probably go negative unless they are extremely lucky. Watching someone rush me with a knife while i have enough time to reload, watch my sight-lines, aim for the head and shoot, is an example of the imbecile-ness of some players. Someone with the same mentality using a sniper, sure i can appreciate the irritation as well, especially when they go 3-20 negative or something silly. Like i said, you want to prove the luck factor then enter someone who cant QS in a decent lobby = they go negative. Put them in a 1v1 situation vs someone who can QS and they will get dominated.  I did a 1vs3 with my friends who were learning to QS the final score was laughable domination by me. We reversed the situation and it was a different story. Luck? sorry but no. No offense to anyone but that is just a daft conclusion. I do agree though, an imbecile is an imbecile and it annoys the hell out of me when i can clearly see i had the drop and still die. It happens with all weapons though.

Thesandman

Cheating? NO, Cheap? YES Absolutely!

Firesens

I wouldn't say cheating, cheap is a better word to describe it.

toby_jugs

personally i think quickscoping is as annoying as hell, they say they fixed it like they 'say' a lot of things but in reality it is very easy to fix completely.

simply disable the trigger until the sniper rifle is fully scoped in. there you go IW you can have that one for free.

Carvalho16

The ironic thing about Quickscopers is that they were the ones who were kicking and screaming about the long range at which they were being killed by the KSG shotgun in Black Ops II and the pre nerf Remington but had no qualms about their precious DSR getting ludicrous and absurd close range kills. Sad hypocrites.

greyfryer67

If I get killed by it, its cheating, if I ever manage to do it ( and I'll be honest the signs are not looking good) it is the result of skill and sexual prowess.

RunAndGun1

What all of quickscoping supporters are forgetting, is one OBVIOUS point:

MOST weapons do NOT have a ONE HIT KILL capability. Sniper rifles DO. Logical conclusion? Quickscoping is a "bonus" feature that NO OTHER weapons have. Hence, it's an imbalance in the game.

If ALL weapons had a OHK capability, then yes, QS would be a non-issue. Case closed. You lost.

Im_Old_School

For those of you running Resilience...

Expert Kill animated GIF

Sniper_OldDays

It's a game for crying out loud. Why are you trying to compare it to real life? When has Call Of Duty boasted being a war simulator? NEVER!!! GO JOIN THE ARMY IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT GUNFIGHTS ARE REALLY LIKE!!!

Im_Old_School

Did I miss something here....Maybe your reply was meant for someone else...maybe?

My only post on this thread (and I checked back over all 45 of the others...twice) is of some guy doing a 360 off a building, blind hip firing a guy with a sniper rifle and then landing in the seat of a convertible with my reference to the Resilient Perk.  I certainly don't think THAT would happen in real life much less a war simulator.

Plus I'm 52 with shitty eyesight and bad knees.  The Army wouldn't take me.  The Marine's might though..they're pretty loose! 

Deadpewl

Not cheating, what most players don't realize is that 90% of us quickscopers use bolt action rifles. if we miss our first shot at mid range against a SMG or AR we are done for. and if we did sit back and snipe, we would be called campers and hated on just as much.