1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 68 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2014 12:18 PM by r33k Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
        biron_w

It certainly looks nice. Props to SH for the new engine they've made. This is how I expect games to look on my PS4.

Gameplay looks like typical COD. Exo suit adds a bit extra. I've no idea what the campaign will be like. As a rule I like IW campaigns and dislike Treyarch ones.

But, in all honesty, I don't really care about SP and I just want to see what MP is like.

• 21. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
          gambit1969

I posted a thread a few days back asking how far is to far, and the more i see the more i think its a step to far away from what COD players are used to.

I will wait until i see some MP footage before i pass any further judgement though.  Who knows it could be a very enjoyable MP experience.

But those of you that have been around here for as long as i have know that the haters will have plenty to say no matter how good the game is

• 22. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
            ghamorra

I don't think it was that bad. It wasn't Halo Jumping, simple jump boots stuff which is liveable so long as it doesn't create problems. The guns seemed super accurate. Why can't Call of Duty make a game that requires at least so degree of skill.

• 23. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
              LegionSlayer

The graphics were nice but other than that I wasn't impressed. The assault rifle had no recoil and sounded like the spectre from bo1. The heat dealing grenade, wallhack, and shield all looked over the top and gimmicky. The gameplay looked generic and uninteresting. I'll have to be extremely impressed by the multiplayer reveal to give this game a chance and even then I won't be buying it on release .

• 24. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
                maccabi

I guess what the easiest way to describe how I feel atm is this. I am what i would consider the core demographic for CoD , I'm a card carrying cod fanbio, and as some of you know a;ready a CoD ViP-  So the question I am asking myself is why am i still not really excited about this game as I have been for previous games?

I know one reason I really dont like scifi shooters which I cant shake the feeling this game is from what ive seen so far, and also as I said previously although i am a mad CoDeSports fan I dont actually like esports stuff to play i prefer the vanilla mp experience and all this esports retweeting from Sh is worrying me, that they have got the bug that they are tailoring mp more towards esports. I sit smack bang across both camps when it comes to mp and can understand and see both sides of the community fence from a rather unique perspective when it comes to understanding what either side is thinking if that makes sense.

I hope they find a happy medium where esports and reg "pub" players can coexist in the SAME playlists but that is imho the holy grail for CoD as the esports side of it is relatively new and as i keep saying the only way esports will really grow is once the reg community embrace it more.

• 25. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
                  vims1990

From a graphical perspective, it was amazing. Definitely a massive improvement after being so critical of COD lack of visual improvements on the last few COD titles.

In terms of the futuristic sci-fi gameplay and setting, I'm not so concerned about it. However I can understand that what we saw can put the community off it especially with the weapons, equipment shown and the setting shown in the level.

Who knows...with SH Games working on a futuristic COD title, we can assume that Treyarch will be back to the WW2 or Vietnam setting. (hopefully)

• 26. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
                    nicedrewishfela

We can only hope....

Honestly, if David Vonderhaar came out tomorrow and announced 3Arc's title was set in WWII or Vietnam or even during the 80s... I'd pre-order it sight unseen.

• 27. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
                      rankismet

What it feels like to me... is not an FPS military shooter. It's like adding machine guns into Skyrim.

I do love the lack of a HUD... that's change I welcome.

• 29. Re: So having watched the AW reveal heres my thoughts...
                        gotsomestars

I agree. A game that makes nadshot, or (whatever their names are ) happy, generally is too boring for little Timmy and his friends. The entire "balance" argument has skewed from balance to "I don't feel like putting in the effort to adapt to this, so let's just ban it, or nerf it to uselessness". TBH if they really wanted "competitive" to grow, they would play the game as is. When people go in the backyard and play football(either one) , they just go play. When they want to watch whatever sport, they know the rules because they don't change every week. They wouldn't play, or watch, if they had to go check some website for an updated list of rules and plays that are changing constantly.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next