1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next 74 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2014 4:34 PM by AntiGov Go to original post RSS
      • 60. Re: No more support"streaks"
        ghamorra

Why people use Support is sole reason it exists. I don't think you can fully argue Support without considering this. Support is made for the player that wants to help their team even though they can't put together lengthy streaks. In my opinion it's more than fair and the risk/reward is spot on. The only argument that I will agree is that there does need some punishment for deaths. Someone who goes 10-22 shouldn't be able to cycle their Support streaks. If you die it should count against you in some capacity. Maybe not reset your points but subtract.

• 61. Re: No more support"streaks"
          AntiGov

ghamorra wrote:

Why people use Support is sole reason it exists. I don't think you can fully argue Support without considering this. Support is made for the player that wants to help their team even though they can't put together lengthy streaks. In my opinion it's more than fair and the risk/reward is spot on. The only argument that I will agree is that there does need some punishment for deaths. Someone who goes 10-22 shouldn't be able to cycle their Support streaks. If you die it should count against you in some capacity. Maybe not reset your points but subtract.

I agree with punishing players for deaths and perhaps they could subtract a kill for a death. Perhaps to go a step further they could also give .5 or even a 1 kill bonus for getting a streak, say .5 or 1 kill bonus for a 3 kill streak? In the long run they could get rewarded either way.

I understand where you're coming from saying players use Support to actually support the team. In most cases they do but you also have to keep in mind that a lot of people exploit things like that. For example, it's fairly common for players in HC SnR to use Support UAV and Ballistic Vest without a third "streak" so it resets faster. A lot of those players use the Ballistic Vests mid match as soon as they earn them, even if they're the last alive. You have a whole bunch of people using them as intended and I'm sure you have a lot of selfish players that use them in the other modes as well. That's I didn't want to discuss the reasons why people use them, to me it's not relevant to the discussion. 

• 62. Re: No more support"streaks"
            mkweed5

Blind eye counters oracles.

• 63. Re: No more support"streaks"
              nicedrewishfela

Here is my argument though, using a real situation that happened to me the other day.

I use a mixture of Assault and Support in my Classes, so I feel like I have a pretty good grasp on both.

Anyways, had a match where I went 20-5 in HC TDM, ended at the top of the lobby scoreboard and my team won the match. The class I was using happened to be a Support Class (I typically run BVs, Support Squadmate, and Oracle as my Support streak, though I switch it up from time to time). Anyways, in that match, I never went on a streak beyond maybe 5 or 6 kills before I would die. I was playing pretty aggressively, not sitting back and waiting. I think, in that situation, it would be hard to argue that I didn't deserve the streaks I earned during that match... wouldn't you agree?

I kind of shake my head when I hear people complain that it rewards bad players, or bad play. Sometimes people just have a bad game, but they purchased their game as well, so why not at least get the feeling they are doing something to help their team? Fact is, a Bad Player using support will most likely still lose to a good player with no streaks the majority of the time.  It may net them a kill or two perhaps they wouldn't have gotten, but in the long run it isn't going to make a huge difference.

Fact of the matter is.. Good players abuse the things they complain about that help "Noobs" or "Bad Players" just as often, if not more, than the folks they are complaining about.

• 64. Re: No more support"streaks"
                Izjar11

A bad player is simply a bad player, A "bad" player will probably not return to play a game they are "bad" at. Sorry, had to add that

• 65. Re: No more support"streaks"
                  nicedrewishfela

What kills me is that people lump folks who have a bad game into the "Bad Player" category. Have had stretches where I dominate, then have one bad game and some idiot starts in on me in the lobby.

If someone is having good games all the time, they aren't challenging themselves enough. The rest of us are just human.

• 66. Re: No more support"streaks"
                    rankismet

Be_sharp_Sabre wrote:

I know support means support your team, but since Mw3 the support was dominant among many players making the assault being used rarely.

Thats a brocken thing for example a player is using the assault streak, is going to be hard to get an Osprey gunner or an Ac-130

if he/she dies he was to start all over his streak.

But using the support (why streak?)  you could die as many times and yet get rewarded. These are not lethal streaks but rewarding for not being in a longer streak?

Instead of rewarding the "Bad" players, put the system that Black ops 2 did the scorestreaks promoting the team play.

Many would disagree with me. But this is just my opinion. 

Let's not make this a Ghosts.

Maybe AW will not have streaks?

Nothing wrong with support streaks, however. If you are taking B... it allows one to not worry about deaths.

• 67. Re: No more support"streaks"
                      mkweed5

Only problem i see with support streaks is when they put lethals in them.MW3 was the worst 1 or 2 off from a M.O,A.B  and die due to a stealth bomber.

• 68. Re: No more support"streaks"
                        mkweed5

No streaks whaaaaat? just messing with ya

But i do agree with you  they do reward objective players and theres nothing wrong with that

• 69. Re: No more support"streaks"
                          phxs72

I have yet to understand why people get bent out of shape that someone earned a non-lethal streak.  It's as if there is some undo burden that comes with earning Assault streaks.  Let's see, you can't die but your reward is something that will likely net you the rest of your streaks with minimal effort and a whole lot of kills.  So for the amount of skill that it takes to stay alive for 5 or 6 kills you too can chain your way into the highest streak in the game.  Is there anyone here that can't get 5 or 6 kills without dying?  I bet there isn't.  Conversely, supports streaks aren't difficult to get either but they don't chain, they don't kill (or hardly ever do) and they leave it up to the player to actually go out and get their kills themselves to earn them.  No hiding in a corner while your chopper gets you the kills that you need with support.  You either put yourself at risk or you get nothing.  Now I realize that not everybody has the skill needed to get a Loki but I dare say that those same people probably can't get an Odin either (16 kills vs the 15 for a Loki btw).  I dare say that if your world is getting wrecked by the thought of support streaks then you really depend entirely too much on your streaks to do the work for you.  Just for reference, I lost count of how many Loki's I have called in around 25ish months ago and I don't even run it that often.  Skilled players don't need streaks at all.  When you develop your game enough to realize that, you aren't going to care what the other guy is using.  The other side benefit you'll get is that those high Assault streaks will become much easier to get and you won't be as upset about losing them.

1 4 5 6 7 8 Previous Next