1 23 24 25 26 27 28 Previous Next 266 Replies Latest reply: Nov 21, 2014 10:34 AM by bmooo999 Go to original post RSS
      • 240. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (6/3/14)
        TNT_Molybdenum

Spawns

• Spawn system has an improved ability to select better spawns when valid spawn locations are limited.

So, no word of a lie or exaggeration...

I completed the update and the first game it put me into was already in progress - TDM Whiteout.

My first spawn into the game - just to ENTER the game - I spawned under the porch of the log cabin with a sniper on the hill by the water wheel already aiming down sights. Instant death!

I watched the kill cam, and confirmed... I literally appeared out of thin air in the centre of his view.

What a great first spawn into a game - THE VERY FIRST SPAWN as I join a game - again no exaggeration, and this is after a fix!

Before the fix, I had died the exact same way, as I spawned in the exact same spot as a friendly ran past the spawn, and the sniper on the same hill shot him, and me as I literally spawned behind the friendly player, netting the sniper a double kill.

Sorry to rant, but when are you ACTUALLY going to fix the spawns?

Here is an interesting find that might help which was common to both situations, which might help you fix your spawn issues.

In the first case, a leaf on a tree partially blocked the view of the spawn.

In the second case the friendly player partially blocked the view of the spawn.

In both cases the line of sight to the spawn was partially blocked just for a split second, obviously enough for the game to think the spawn cannot be seen, but it can.

Most bad spawns seem to happen this way.

You might need to find a way around this if spawns are really going to improve.

Hope the feedback helps.

• 241. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
          Foxhound-Pro

Staff bump to return discussion to end of line.

• 242. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
            IndyOldGuy

"Fixed persistent “NEW” icon that would occur with extra loadouts"

How about removing the persistent "NEW" Icon that is appearing on the "Gender" menu, that cannot be removed...I mean its either male or female, not much to change there...

• 243. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
              deathpunch123

Actually that's not a glitch swap genders and scroll through all of your uniforms, the dlc uniforms for each gender are separate

• 244. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                Counter_Attack

You just need to go the gender with the ''NEW'' icon, change your character to that gender and go through all new costumes that have been updated recently, then the "NEW" icon will disappear.

• 245. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                  IndyOldGuy

Counter_Attack wrote:

You just need to go the gender with the ''NEW'' icon, change your character to that gender and go through all new costumes that have been updated recently, then the "NEW" icon will disappear.

Thanks

• 246. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                    BattleChaser

Fix spawns by applying a 5 second no-death spawn. Meaning, you spawn into the game but you cannot die nor kill another within the first 5 seconds. Fixed.

• 247. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                      Wiktorjor2001

NOPE

JOKING i would really like to see that.

• 248. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                        cassman420

Great idea. The new fix didn't do much in my eyes. I have been in numerous games since the update an the spawns are still horrible. In one game I was spawn killed 5 or 6 times ( lost count when I started to rage) before I backed out.  When I can get more than 5 steps away from the spawn without getting killed, then I would say your making progress.

• 249. Re: Ghosts PlayStation 3 Updates (8/5/14)
                          BattleChaser

Just like in hard core mode, instead of waiting several seconds to spawn in after death, apply the wait time while spawned in the game. You can apply the code right now to one of the modes and we can try it today. I suppose with the decline of the CW and the coming of AW, ghosts is on the back burner with no allotted propane. cheaters are now almost in every lobby. I emptied my Ameli (100 rds) into one..and combating the damn lag switch is getting old. Anyone know if AW will have teams?