29 Replies Latest reply: Jul 24, 2014 3:26 AM by cranium2001 RSS

Who wants to be my Destiny BETA friend?

ghamorra

You can add Ghamorra to your PSN and we can be Destiny BETA friends. As far as I know only a few of my current friends are going to be doing the BETA so I'm looking to expand my list.

• Re: Who wants to be my Destiny BETA friend?
          slyd0g55

If I'm still off work I'll add you , I was thinking of asking cranium2001 as well but I fear, our time zones will be the difference with us playing in the same Fireteam or PvP team 

cranium2001

This game better not suck. I think it is the next big thing, but how many times have I been let down? Fingers crossed.

Rexens_View

Yeah I'm in but you are US yes ?

Might be tough with the ~13 hour time gap...

gotsomestars

I added you already, but I'm down.

I haven't been on my ps4 much. Too much titanfall. But I'm almost gen 10 50 so I'll be looking for something to do. I bought killzone  shadowfall , but after playing thru most of the campaign I wasn't impressed.

slyd0g55

Tried to party up but it's blocked anyways - I think destiny is sh!t the PvP Crucible ,worst than Core

TL_Bare_B_V2

Does it come with a free PS?

phxs72

I'll be your friend.  Thanks for the help yesterday btw.  After seeing what all came out of the woodwork in that last room, I'm not so sure how long it would have taken me to get past that mission.  Good news though, I've got my Crucible invite.  So my training wheels are coming off and I get to ride with the big boys now.

ghamorra

phxs72 wrote:

I'll be your friend.  Thanks for the help yesterday btw.  After seeing what all came out of the woodwork in that last room, I'm not so sure how long it would have taken me to get past that mission.  Good news though, I've got my Crucible invite.  So my training wheels are coming off and I get to ride with the big boys now.

It gets harder

Rexens_View

Anyone figured out how to take out those immune angry mofo's under free roam ?

BanHaMMer

Rexens_View wrote:

You can't, you don't have access to high enough weapons changes or powers.

I did the last mission 'The Last Array' by myself (not die) and the only reason I could finish it and defeat 4 Warlocks and hoards of higher ups was I had access to a faster firing LMG in the Sony private Alpha. When I tried to do The Last Array in this beta by myself I had my butt handed to me. I then realised the weapons are not more powerful in a sense as you rank up or attain them. They are just tricked out differently. For example in CRUCIBLE the faster firing LMG is useless, you need to get the full auto shot gun, but that is hard to get

I had that in the Alpha and it rocked, but it did have several counters

Until the gold version is printed/released you will not be able to get past some foes.

ghamorra

BanHaMMer wrote:

Rexens_View wrote:

You can't, you don't have access to high enough weapons changes or powers.

I did the last mission 'The Last Array' by myself (not die) and the only reason I could finish it and defeat 4 Warlocks and hoards of higher ups was I had access to a faster firing LMG in the Sony private Alpha. When I tried to do The Last Array in this beta by myself I had my butt handed to me. I then realised the weapons are not more powerful in a sense as you rank up or attain them. They are just tricked out differently. For example in CRUCIBLE the faster firing LMG is useless, you need to get the full auto shot gun, but that is hard to get

I had that in the Alpha and it rocked, but it did have several counters

Until the gold version is printed/released you will not be able to get past some foes.

I've managed to solo everything. It's not easy but I have the most powerful setup the BETA allows. My Auto Rifle does 62, Sniper Rifle does 70 something, and my Rocket Launcher does 65 with insane splash. Armor rating is 155. I also have all tier 2 unlocks for my skill tree. I'm hoping that the level cap is increased so that we can go to the Moon. My guess is that it will be considering you could actually see the next mission if you viewed the moon. It also would make sense because the BETA is so long.

I can wait to start up again. I have 3 guys that are level 8 and are almost all maxed out.

BanHaMMer

'G' Some enemies are level 20, you cannot beat them with what you have. Do explore old Russia and before you entre any buildings find a few abandoned tin sheds in the open areas, entre them and go down to the very lower levels and you will come across what we affectionately call 'The unbeatable's" in the private Alpha. They wield 'arc swords' there are no counters to there weaponry in this beta.

That is what I meant by complete the mission in its entirety,  not just the final objective my bad for not explaining properly

Tygrastic1

I find myself sitting here at work wishing I could go home and play more.  I really knew next to zero about the game before beta, so I made some epic noob mistakes.  I got a code late Saturday night and didn't get a chance to play too much of it Sunday.  At first, I pushed hard to get to PvP minimum requirements and jumped into the Iron Banner section and of course got my arse handed to me since I didn't pay too much attention to the Level Advantage being "Enabled".  I continued to level my warlock to 8 and didn't realize that I needed to farm better weapons and skills kept improving behind the scenes so I immediately jumped to a Hunter.

I really enjoyed the diversity the game has to offer.  I like the appeal of being able to improve your character or grind rep through solo, co-op or PvP.  I had a good time with the Strike mission, but got grouped with some less than smart people on the higher mode so we weren't able to finish it.

My only gripe was the vehicles on the Moon PvP map (which was commented on above) and I hated the 'X' sensitivity.  It felt soooo much slower than the respective setting on 'Y'.  It just felt like I was moving in slow motion to the left and right.  I blame COD for that since I run around a 14 and the max setting on Destiny isn't close to that amount of sensitivity.  And yes, it has to be one of the dumbest Beta complaints so far.

My question for everyone else that is playing and primarily since I didn't get to do too much PvP, which class did you find the most enjoyable for PvP?  Which class did you have issues with?