10 Replies Latest reply: Jul 20, 2014 12:17 AM by lordmerkafool RSS

Point Blank Tips

ShahbajS987

I'm trying to get Gold Camo on my Mtar-X. The hardest thing for me is the Point Blank kills. Anyone have any tips on how to get PB kills?

• Re: Point Blank Tips
          ixcafe

Night Owl!!!

Find a close-quarter building, for example, the burnt building on Stonehaven.

The server room on Sovereign is yet another great example.

Basically, any indoor hotspot with a bit of loop and cover will be fine.

Extended Mags, Hardline, Sleight of Hands, and play Kill Confirmed.

Stay around doorway. Pre-fire one or two shots when you see enemies entering the building on your mini-map.

The revenge spawn system will keep you busy and it is quite possible that your

next Night Owl will be ready before the first one even fade away.

slyd0g55

Play Dom , try strafe in front of them whilst coming around a corner , I mention this before in a similar topic, maps like Strike Zone or where the flags point is around a corner or obstructed by an map enviroment are the best opportunities.

ButterflyDream

i would stand in a blindspot corner and just wait for someone to run into me. Most the time i would just get panic knifed but patience is a virtue. I would only do this when i was close to getting the achievement though. Beats leaning a corner all game, wow that is the campiest achievement to get.

Schoat333

Rush, and rush a lot. Use the lightweight, ready up, and marathon perks so you can run right up on someone, and get the PBK before they get a chance to shoot.

phxs72

This right here would do it.  I would suggest TDM since there are more opportunities for close range gunfights there even if it is kill limited.  Basically you have to get in someone's face (or back preferred) and that means rushing.  Turn your corners tight and hope that the guy on the other side isn't carrying a shotgun and forgets to knife.  If you can find a route to flank behind your enemy.  I would suggest adding dead silence to your loadout to help with this.  Look for the loner guys that are camped up for a long range kill and shoot them in the back of the head.  A silencer also helps for this.  When you do have to fight head to head be sure to strafe while shooting.  You don't want to pull away from them but you do want to throw them off of their shot.

C_CHRIS11

Take all above advice as well as the following :

Take it easy. Don't get over anxious about it, play your game and it will finally come.

ShahbajS987

Alright, thanks, guys I finally got my Gold Camo. I really appreciate the tips, they definitely helped.

oRLsx317o

I was just about to suggest ready up, steady aim, rapid fire and Strikezone bar or Tremor burning building but...never mind

Just don't try and go for gold camo on the R5 anytime soon unless you actively seek frustration. In a game where all anyone does up close in an FPS is mash R3, even the under barrel shotgun was a pain in the butt to rack up point blank kills. I mean, the UB only has a point blank range ffs, yet only around 25% of my point blank kills actually registered as point blank lol

lordmerkafool

ShahbajS987 wrote:

I'm trying to get Gold Camo on my Mtar-X. The hardest thing for me is the Point Blank kills. Anyone have any tips on how to get PB kills?

keep running, no camping.  It will come in time.  Camping will make it drag out