16 Replies Latest reply: Aug 1, 2014 6:27 PM by AngryBus97 RSS

WHY ZOMBIES IS GOING TO CONTINUE, LEARN THE TRUTH

Zombinater

This is my reason for Zombies NOT being a dream, nor is it over.

lets start from origins. At the end, I'm sure you're all aware of how it ends, correct? Well let me break it down and explain why it is NOT a dream.

Agartha isnt within time, nor is it a place. Its a state of mind. Agartha works by keeping whoever is in it, stays within the same point in time, like a loop, the only way to break this is by making changes, altering and breaking the state of mind. You see this with Weasel's Agartha but Ill explain that later.

When you first to into Agartha, you see Samantha and Edward playing with what looks like the zombies and the 'heroes'. But Samantha controls the zombies and Edward is stuck with the 'heroes' still waiting for his turn. Agartha then preserves Sam's emotions and physical form but it can't control her mental state, since it is still part of the real world controlling the zombies, which is why she feels empathy but still acts like a child and doesn't understand, basically having a mental breakdown from not being able to control or understand her emotions.

Since Samantha's mind is being preserved through Agartha, she still has a connection with her mental state, this is due to the 115 and as a result allows her to control and communicate with anything that is under the control of 115, basically the zombies. Agartha also causes the person to remain in the last phase before they entered Agartha, meaning Samantha and Edward playing but remember, Agartha alters depending on the real world and how you act within Agartha. If someone or something affects Agartha, it will alter the state of mind, while looking like it was meant to be.

One of the iconic things in the video that everyone overlooks is Maxis shouting on Sam to come to the basement for protection from the war sirens. But like I mentioned before, Agartha gets altered but stays with the theme, this iconic moment is Maxis trying to communicate with Sam, getting her to the basement is getting her out of the state of mind but she can't leave until the 'cycle is broken' as she will continue to play.

now that we know this, we can talk about Weasel. Weasel went into Agartha after he tried to escape Alcatraz but was struck by lightening near the golden gate bridge. since he feels regret and is now depressed, he feels he is at fault for killing his friends, meaning he literally kills his friends in Agartha, causing the cycle to continue, until he is able to brake it by letting go and allowing himself to realise he didn't kill his friends, they are causing him to get killed, hence them killing him and the cycle breaking. The warden appears only to get Weasel to snitch on the other 3, then plan for his execution via the electrocution chair.

but since Samantha is also in Agartha, due to her link with 115, her Agartha slips into Weasel's, causing the perks to glitch between the two, the mystery box to actually look similar to a demented version of the guard gun box and the zombies as the other inmates. After the cycle is broken, Weasel escapes Agartha but is left to die. Also Fluffy is the one in Agartha and went through a similar thing her puppies did but I'll also explain this later.

Heres the next key thing. In order to be in someone's Agartha, or state of mind, you can only see it from your own perspective. This causes Dempsey to see it from his perspective, but is basically a doll. Another is noticing the tallys for who's played and when Sam says to Edward he can play tomorrow, but tomorrow won't come until Agartha is altered via breaking or altering the cycle. part of the cycle is broken when it becomes Edwards turn to play as the 'zombies' and Sam to play as the 'heroes'. This happens due to the cycle being changed because of certain parts being collected altering the 115, altering the link between Sam's mind and Edwards causing them to switch.

due to her mental state not being in Agartha, this causes it to remain the same, causing Edward, a fully grown, idiot and insane man to take on the childish game. If youre wondering how Sam ended up in the Agarthan state of mind, she teleported away after trying to escape, causing her sister to either die or also escape and Maxis to get infected, causing him to fall ill, slowly go insane before Richtofen manages to preserve his mind in Origins.

when Sam teleported, due to a malfunction in the mainframe which is noted in the radio, she ends up in the QED, causing her to fall in a state of Agartha. From this we can say, if you go into a person's Agartha, you go into that person's minds, seeing it how they see it. We can also say, however they act or react in Agartha, affects those outside of Agartha, provided they influence the person's state of mind. We can also say that the heroes do not get played with unless there is a certain person playing or a certain part of the cycle happening. This is why we only see Misty and her group played when Richtofen controls them.

Id also like to point out that the earth was blown up in 2025, not earlier because we know the teleporter moves you not only to another place but also another time. This is shown in Kino der Toten, those rooms you went into were ALL memories and/or versions of them when in Agartha from Sam. I just wanted to point that out because people were a little confused before.

lets now talk about Fluffy. If you didn't know, Fluffy is a stray dog, pregnant and doesn't belong to Sam, but her older sister, Sophia, whos whereabouts remain unknown but is thought to have been killed when Maxis and Samantha escaped when Maxis became infected after Ric abandoned him with the zombies that had broken out.

Fluffy is the first living thing to be tested for the teleporter. When they test it, they find it fails, Fluffy is dead and her pup pies are just gone. This is believe to be the result of the teleporters link, the magnetic field and 115. Since we know from the magnetic's field and its influence on the unstable 115, this may have led to cloning of particles, as in, particles altering and colliding with mass energy causing 115, only to be used to basically clone and split other things. This may have lead to the endless horde of hellhounds. The hellhounds teleport down through lightening strikes, also thought to be the cause of the magnetic field and static electricity during the cloning process causing the clone to basically get fired to to ground/earth.

the reason why they attack is believed to be because Fluffy knocks he zombies and the heroes over. Leading to the pups only coming when there are no zombies and fluffy eating the zombies in weasel's Agartha. The reason for the pups to teleport in der riese is for two reasons, the drops are a certain item, Sam finds lying around in her room, causing them to come down when you collect them and because that is where they were transported, causing them to come when you teleport, also the reason why the drop comes when you teleport.

so what I'm saying is Agartha is NOT a dream. Agartha is a state of mind, due to the 115 the causing her mind to remain linked with the real world but not her emotions or physical form. When you see Agartha, you see it through your own perspective, i.e. through dempsey. Everything that happens is either someone or something altering or trying to get her out of Agartha and anything that the person does who is in Agartha and not in someone else's affects those around, because of the 115. This is why Weasel's Agartha doesn't affect the real world as he has no link with the 115 at all except for the lightening strike which may have been the result of a hellhound.

the Easter eggs are basically you trying to alter and change and ultimately end the cycle. Like you do with Weasel's Agartha but since Sam's mind isn't in Agartha but in the real world, means the cycle must be broken in the real world, where the person's mind is.

if you have a question, want me to explain something or just does(n't) like it, then let me know.

• Re: WHY ZOMBIES IS GOING TO CONTINUE, LEARN THE TRUTH
          DeathBringer-Zen

I think it is a fantastic theory, and very well presented but it is not new unfortunately. A lot of people believe that the ending is actually set in Agartha.

Me personally, I am not buying it. The toy story ending makes more sense if viewing the bigger picture. We are running around a world with these magic powerup drops, unlimited waves of zombies, narrators present and characters constantly breaking the 4th wall. The accumulation of POINTS!?!

Then there is the multitude of hints that suggested it all along. Characters talking directly to the player, The characters in toy form in Samantha's bedroom on Kino, then the fact that literally everything in the bedroom in that sequence is and can be used for inspiration for game time ideas.

The storyline is very in-depth, but it all pointed to it being what it is. There is talk of the next zombie game taking on a more realistic setting, with points no longer a part of the equation and perks being a different thing now altogether. If these rumours are true then it makes sense to end the current storyline as just a game... then they can move onto and also explain the more realistic approach to the game-mode.

The main reason though of why I believe the ending is definitely merely a childs game is that the storyline itself is a mess. There is contridictions and errors all over it, and then there is the messed up timelines. They were struggling to keep on top of it and it would make perfect sense for them to draw a line under it and start anew.

Still, all this is merely speculation. We will not know anything for around another year from now, and hopefully with the extra time they have, we get something special. I am not going to be overly convinced if they decide to carry this current storyline on though to be honest. It became less of a claustrophobic nightmare, and more of a fantasy adventure.

The introduction of Agartha and mythical staffs was very off putting for me, from a storyline point of view.

Booyah---O_O

I wouldnt be surprised if they neither confirmed or denied the truth behind that cutscene and zombies in general. You must perceive it they way you want it to be perceived. they mite just not even touch on that scene and move strait on through the story, weather it be real or a game.

iHattoriHanzo0

Treyarch will never confirm or deny anything with Zombies. They like to keep us in the dark and let our imagination and theories tell the story.

nuttin2say

iHattoriHanzo0 wrote:

Treyarch will never confirm or deny anything with Zombies. They like to keep us in the dark and let our imagination and theories tell the story.

That's the magical draw to Zombies in the first place. I agree with you Hattor. I don't think the contradictions, etc. were accidental at all. The result is a cult-like following ... that sells games so that fans/followers buy the next game in hopes of figuring it all out.

Smart way to make a game, IMO.

DeathBringer-Zen

That's the magical draw to Zombies in the first place. I agree with you Hattor. I don't think the contradictions, etc. were accidental at all. The result is a cult-like following ... that sells games so that fans/followers buy the next game in hopes of figuring it all out.

Smart way to make a game, IMO.

It WAS the draw to zombies during the WaW and early BO1 days but a lot of storyline contridictions became very off-putting for a lot of people. BO2 saw some of the most avid storyline followers, like Matuzz, Tac etc lose interest in the game- mode and rightly so.

It is a mess, and it is certainly no longer a draw for me and many others I know of. Hell, even Treyarch bashing BennDown, another main member of the community who was overly praisful towards the storyline abandoned the game-mode due to it's linear at best storyline in BO2 and multitude of contridictions.

I also don't get your thoughts on the contradictions being non-accidental. You have to be kidding!? They have actually confirmed before that they don't take some of these things as serious as the community. It is the community that tries to iron these things out and they always take the same cheap route in the end... alternative timelines. The ultimate cop-out!

You may find it a draw still, but don't assume everyone else does. Sure we paid out money for it, but a lot of us were not pleased with what we got for it.

iHattoriHanzo0

I respect your view. If you're disappointed then you're disappointed and there's no changing that. But it's pretty obvious the storyline has been a work in progress from map to map. It doesn't seem like there was a definitive outline of when and how things took place. The story spanned from 2008 to 2013 and took place through 3 titles. It wasn't written like a movie, even though that seems like a logical way of doing things.

The thing is they make the map for old fashion zombie killing, and then add a mysterious story centered around the characters. Since we have such a passionate zombie community.......... we come up with great ideas and theories to this amazing and intriguing maps they produce. We over analyze the heck out the game because the attention to detail by the creators is second to none with the clues and ee they incorporate into the map. Unfortunately that same detail isn't applied to the big picture.

In my opinion.....the let down comes when the communities conclusions to what Treyarch created.. is better than what Treyarch actually created themselves. This is an extremely common situation we see with sequels to movies and games.

nuttin2say

DeathBringer-Zen wrote:

I also don't get your thoughts on the contradictions being non-accidental. You have to be kidding!? They have actually confirmed before that they don't take some of these things as serious as the community. It is the community that tries to iron these things out and they always take the same cheap route in the end... alternative timelines. The ultimate cop-out!

You may find it a draw still, but don't assume everyone else does. Sure we paid out money for it, but a lot of us were not pleased with what we got for it.

I realize it may be too complicated to grasp, but what I bolded and italicized is exactly my point. Throw it out there and let the community have fun doing with it whatever they want. Not really sure how you feel I made a universal "everyone" claim. I specifically stated that it created a "cult-like" following. That's kind of like the movie "Bladerunner." It was a bomb upon release but eventually had a "cult" appeal to it. In other words, NOT EVERYONE enjoyed it, but those who did enjoy it enjoyed had extreme fun with it.

Your use of matuzz as an example does not refute anything I said. He was an avid fan ... until he figured out there was nothing to it. That doesn't deny he was an avid fan.

DeathBringer-Zen

Yeah, I understand what you are saying, and I also see where you are coming from but I think the masses were left bitterly disappointed with BO2 from both a game and storyline point of view and I am not one of the people who is buying into the end sequence being some kind of "metaphor" for something else... especially not that it is taking place within Agartha.

The main reason why I think this is the final quote from Samantha. It is meant to represent the fact that there is something happening within their real world. Something more terrifying and without the heroes she plays games with or the magic that is present within those games she plays.

The next zombie game will have a more realistic setting and will see point accumulation no longer a feature (apparently). If this is indeed the case the it is a shoe-in that the sequence is exactly what the majority of us believe it to be. It explains exactly why we are moving towards a more realistic setting and evironment for zombies.

I am not saying the OP is wrong. I don't know for a fact that these rumours I am hearing are true but it would make sense. Definitely a lot more sense that having to take a blatent sequence and try to think of it as some kind of metaphor. The idea of it being set in Agartha does not explain why Eddie is a child the same age as Samantha is. The final quote from Samantha is the only thing that happens in the sequence that should be focused on and it certainly does not suggest that they are chilling back in the aether playing toy story.

Hell... if we are going to go down that road then maybe you or the OP can explain how Samantha ended up in Agartha in the first place. She was replaced in the MPD with Richtofen and last we heard she was inside his body roaming Griffin Station, so how did she end up in Agartha? There was no explaination as to how this came about.

killerofzombs87

to me its eddies turn. samantha had hers she said we will make it right or fix it or whatever, thats why it isnt over. plus its activision and treyarchs cash cow as if there just gona let it end like that lol.

DeathBringer-Zen

I am not saying zombies will not continue. I am saying that the current storyline is a complete mess that even Treyarch cannot keep up with so they drew a line under it with that end sequence and will start anew with the next game.

I don't know for a fact that this will be the case, but I know that zombies will definitely be returning (confirmed already). I just cannot see them continuing this current storyline. It got out of control, and saw us move from a last stand nightmare setting to a comical fantasy adventure.

I hope they do go down the more realistic path. It will benefit the game-mode greatly.

nuttin2say

All good points. TBH, I really didn't like BO2 zombies. I enjoyed BO1 and WaW Der Reise (big surprise there, huh? LOL). I really didn't follow the story line. I tried to get into it, but I agree - it really didn't make sense. I looked at it this way - who cares? It's fun to just blast away mindless ghouls. To me, it makes more sense that they just threw the game out there as a fun, added bonus and, whattayaknow? People like it.

It would be easy to blame everything that has happened so far on a child's "game" or imagination. Doing so wipes out any concerns over issues and Samantha having said, "I'll fix it" is 100% on par with something kids would say if their "game" began to not make sense. That in mind, I don't expect the future direction of zombies to make sense either.

But if the do, then I would venture to say that the linear progression seen with crepids as a model to mimic.

MLG_3p1CzZzZzZ

Research Agartha. It is not a personal trap. It is a theory of a hollow Earth, where the inside is called Agartha.

M3NTZ3R29

whats the aether then, and doesnt maxis say in buried that he wants to go to agartha, like its a place?

nuttin2say

M3NTZ3R29 wrote:

whats the aether then, and doesnt maxis say in buried that he wants to go to agartha, like its a place?

Kinda like a parent checking on their kid playing? Watcha doing Sam? Oh, I'm killing zombies in Argatha. Cool. I want to play. Oh, no, you can't. You have to go to Argatha. Well, then, I want to go to Argatha.

mister_z

not sure what Aether is, but Agartha is what they call Inner Earth under the Hallow earth theory. Judging from the fact that all this is happening at an Excavation site, leads me to believe that YES Treyarch is making a different approach to the new Zombie storyline. I am a big fan of the Hallow earth theory so yea, it does tickle my fancy. Quite frankly, Zombies is Treyarch's baby they can do what ever they want regardless of how we feel about it. We already saw the Vril & Aliens in COTD, so for them to take a Hallow earth spin on the next release gives them unlimited ideas as to what to put in there next zombie game. I'm talking Self teleportation, Mind control, Telepathy, Regeneration. If DBZ is right and they do make the next release more realistic.. then hell yea these are all things that they could use in the game. Like instead of having JUGG, it could be a drink that helps our bodies regenerate itself after injury. Meaning they could add a life bar to the next game. If they do ever put a Life bar in zombies it could only mean 1 outta 2 things. Either they will be alota harder to kill, or we have a massive map/area to cover. could also mean we could save game. I don't know.. I am getting really tired or speculation.. I want leaks man !! and real one no little fukin trolls man.. they suk !!

AngryBus97

I always got annoyed at the people saying,"But if you finish the EE's on Maxis or Richtofen's side it gives you the ending!" But they are wrong, that just decided who controlled what and who survived etc. The threat of the Apocalypse is still there. It's not like all of the Zombies just disappeared off the face of the planet, and then if we include your theories, it shows that there is still a lot open to discovery, and I have high doubts it will end soon.