1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next 114 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 9:32 AM by redskynyrd Go to original post RSS
      • 110. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
        Izjar11

Raketti wrote:

I know bringing this up is useless, but the game has been playing like **** lately. It has gotten even worse since the last time i bumped this discussion up.

I'm getting killed by enemies who aren't there on your screen but apparently they were right in front of you, loosing gunfights after dumping half a clip into the enemy (no, i'm not missing) and naturally shooting first, dying to enemies who are looking away in my screen, etc.

Everybody that i play with regularly are dealing with the same thing. It's a shame, one the best games in the franchise that used to play well has turned out to be just another lag fest in the end.

your not alone, many are complaining about the same things now. I have almost stopped playing the game because it does not offer me much enjoyment or wow or a thrill, its become almost tedious to play.

• 111. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
          belly120

hi all been away for ages so first time on the forum in months, been playing bf4, also broken lol and destiny which was pimp although the netcode for MP was choppy but hey.

the reason your seeing more lag is the player base is dwindling, fewer players means the pier to pier matching system has a harder job matching players closer together as the player base spreads and thins.  this means more latency as players are typically further apart.

ghosts has suffered really badly, i think its an ok game, less issues than BO2 overall, thats a personal view but i have seen on my 360 that BO2 has around double the players of ghosts in the UK.  i played it the other day and although the QS and shotguns were mega annoying it was more "fun" to play than ghosts.  its just got more going on, pace wise and action wise then ghosts

anyway August 11th on-wards we get to see COD AW MP, i feel it may be a more polished content rich version of titan fall without the mechs but that probably isn't a bad thing.

peace

• 112. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
            Raketti

belly120 wrote:

the reason your seeing more lag is the player base is dwindling, fewer players means the pier to pier matching system has a harder job matching players closer together as the player base spreads and thins.  this means more latency as players are typically further apart.

Obviously this has it's effects, but the game actually played a lot better upon PS4 release with only one fiftth of the playerbase it has now. I'm pretty sure they just loosened the matchmaking criteria since some people using piss poor connections and / or living in the middle of nowhere had trouble finding games and they complained about it.

• 113. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
              Raketti

Izjar11 wrote:

Raketti wrote:

I know bringing this up is useless, but the game has been playing like **** lately. It has gotten even worse since the last time i bumped this discussion up.

I'm getting killed by enemies who aren't there on your screen but apparently they were right in front of you, loosing gunfights after dumping half a clip into the enemy (no, i'm not missing) and naturally shooting first, dying to enemies who are looking away in my screen, etc.

Everybody that i play with regularly are dealing with the same thing. It's a shame, one the best games in the franchise that used to play well has turned out to be just another lag fest in the end.

your not alone, many are complaining about the same things now. I have almost stopped playing the game because it does not offer me much enjoyment or wow or a thrill, its become almost tedious to play.

It certainly has become less and less enjoyable. I still think this is one of the best games in the franchise, and i still could keep playing it all the time, but the deteorating connection quality just ruins the experience.

Good thing Trials Fusions got some new tracks this week so i can play a game that's at least equally frustrating an rewarding as Ghosts but entirely due to different reasons

• 114. Re: Choppy games / latency increase
                redskynyrd

I've noticed it as well, they've just done a better job at trying to hide it IMO.

I have upgraded my internet and modem to what was suggested by my service provider to be best for gaming and it still happens.

I rock players from behind and they turn and kill me with one bullet, but the replay shows something different than what I actually saw. I'm getting killed by players I can't see right in front of me but the kill cam shows them there afterwards, coming around a corner firing.

1 8 9 10 11 12 Previous Next