9 Replies Latest reply: Aug 5, 2014 9:08 PM by iivrruummii RSS

What sort of features would you like in a competitive playlist?

maccabi

So i think we can take it for "almost" granted given both Bo2 and Ghosts had some sort of competitive playlist that AW will as well.

so my question to you peeps is what would you like to see in it, and what sort of stuff do you think would be a good addition?

For me first and foremost is some sort of actual ladder/ranking system , with stats that can be viewed online.

The ability to challenge another clan to a match

A ruleset that either completely mimics #CoDeSports with maybe a slightly watered down option too for those who like me actually prefer playing a more vanilla cod.

I would also like to se some stuff available only to the competitive playlists like challenges and camos /emblem ect that can only be won in these playlists.

Someone with esports experience and/or common sense to go over to beachhead and get the cod app/elite to actually be useful for clans.

• Re: What sort of features would you like in a competitive playlist?
          LVLikeG

The only problem with a ranking system is the booters.  I can't remember the last time I played a League Play match against a number 1 rank and didn't get hit off.  I once got hit four times in one night.  I've never gotten hit off in CvC, but that is due to the lack of a ranking system. 

iivrruummii

I would want a ranking system that was just layered on top of the matchmaking system right now.  Everyone starts out with 1200 in every gamemode.  If you win or lose that number goes up or down depending on your team's position and your position on the leaderboard after the game.  You get matched up with anyone and the game predicts who should come where and if you do then your rank goes up and if you don't then you go down.

Example:

Team A-

Player 1-1200(new player)

Player 2- 1400

Player 3-1700

Player 4-1000

Team average-1325

Team B-

Player 1-2000

Player 2-1500

Player 3-1400

Player 4-1600

Team average-1625

So it predicts that Team B will most likely beat Team A, so Team B will get 25 points for winning and Team A will lose 25 points, but if Team A wins then they will get a percentage of the difference between the 2 averages.  Team A will gain 100 points, while Team B loses 100 points.  Now onto the players points.

So the game also predicts who should place where by their ranks, higher players should be on top while lower players on the bottom.  If a player does better than his predicted outcome then he goes up rank and vise-versa. Meaning that if you are expected to lose and be at the bottom of the leaderboard then you can potentially gain the most points, I would say upwards of 150.

Just my opinion on what they should do.  If people care about stats then they could get this stat up while the people that don't want to worry about it can also. 

nicedrewishfela

This is going to be frowned upon, but I'd like to see any Competitive or League Play option be a paid subscription.

Hear me out.

One of the bigger issues people complained about was folks who played League that just didn't take it very seriously. They quit matches, they dragged their teams down by just not playing the objective or working with their team. Basically, if you let everyone in, you'll never get a true ranking system.

It seems to me that folks who are serious about wanting to play competitively in this format would be willing to invest in a subscription to play in these matches. Folks who invest in something typically take it more seriously. I use the Online Poker analogy a lot. Play an Online Free Poker Match some time. People play silly. They go all in Pre-Flop with  questionable hands, knowing that if they lose everything they can just get it all back for free. Makes for really bad play. Go into any paid Table, however, no matter what the odds are people play tight and smart, knowing they actually have something at stake.

There will never, ever be a serious "competitive" or League aspect to this game if everyone is able to access it and impact the outcomes.

maccabi

nicedrewishfela wrote:

This is going to be frowned upon, but I'd like to see any Competitive or League Play option be a paid subscription.

Hear me out.

One of the bigger issues people complained about was folks who played League that just didn't take it very seriously. They quit matches, they dragged their teams down by just not playing the objective or working with their team. Basically, if you let everyone in, you'll never get a true ranking system.

It seems to me that folks who are serious about wanting to play competitively in this format would be willing to invest in a subscription to play in these matches. Folks who invest in something typically take it more seriously. I use the Online Poker analogy a lot. Play an Online Free Poker Match some time. People play silly. They go all in Pre-Flop with  questionable hands, knowing that if they lose everything they can just get it all back for free. Makes for really bad play. Go into any paid Table, however, no matter what the odds are people play tight and smart, knowing they actually have something at stake.

There will never, ever be a serious "competitive" or League aspect to this game if everyone is able to access it and impact the outcomes.

geeeeez are you insane

Actually i can kinda see where youre coming from but we had something similar with original elite , and tbh if theres money involved it would cause so many problems and a lot more cheating

ghamorra

Complete anonymity. No scorecard, no names of players, no stats, just the score of the match and how you're doing for reference.

Backing out is punishable by severe consequences such demotion. Ultra simplistic CaC with no perks and no Strike Package and limited attachments. Health regen should be slowed to 50% of it's current speed health remains as is. Radar only shows map and teams location.

gotsomestars

Tbh I'd rather they use the slot for a game mode people will actually play. But, if it HAS to be there. Just make a simple ranked game. No restrictions.

Just see who is better at playing cod. Not who plays best when the rules are changed enough.

lachlanmayes19

put in league play and use the rules full stop.