22 Replies Latest reply: Aug 10, 2014 11:45 AM by bughunt RSS

Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?

LastShadowCOD

I know someone mentioned it already and I don't know about DA, but the reticle is off for mote (at least) - every gun I've tried has the reticle dot not aligning with sight when ADS'd. It seems slightly different for each gun - low and then to the right or left.

It seems to me the killcam reticle was off by about the same amount - are they related or ? Because having the killcam off is arbitrary compared to the in-game ADS'ing always off target.

• Re: Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?
          bughunt

Is this for every gun or just scoped weapons?

I think I know what Barolb means now but didn't realise it affected all weapons.  This would explain why I'd ADS and be shooting only to find that I'm having to correct a whole bunch.  Figured it was just due to lag because players are split due to everybody not being updated to the latest patch yet, or my change of sensitivity because of some weirdness with the controls :/  Doesn't help, sure enough, but this would explain a lot.

The KillCam has always been off and doesn't really affect anything other than making certain players whine and complain about a wiimote getting a kill without actually aiming at them, blah blah.  But I can see how it would be affected much more than previously.

I'm not going to be happy if this is the only patch we get and this is the final result.

LastShadowCOD

It appears that the reticle is off (for mote anyway) based on the angle of the gun. It's strange - and it appears that if you are aiming cross screen (not out of the dead zone so your character moves to adjust) the reticle is ever-increasing off the mark.

Really annoying for me because I'm constantly in and out of ADS.

I just tested it with a few games and a few guns and it appears to be off for that reason.

Also - the killcam looks fixed (I think) - I don't know if they're related or not.

barolb

YES! THANK YOU! I'm not off my rocker and totally crazy!

I thought that this might just be me. It seemed like before nobody else was having trouble with the scope flying off somewhere when using the Wii Remote, so I thought it had to do with my settings.However, it seems I'm not the only one, so I can no confirm that it is not just me anymore!

This is similar to what happens when I'm sniping, well before when I was actually active at least. It got really annoying, but I put up for it for quite a long time, actually. Where I am aiming at is not actually where the scope goes

Likewise, I was thinking the angle of the gun has something to do with it. When it is not at the center of the screen, I found it had issues. Otherwise it worked fine. Sometimes it would not aim off, and other times it would.

I just noticed I spelled reticle wrong a few times. Oops XD

LastShadowCOD

Killcam is still off - so it doesn't appear to be a "feature" added while trying to correct the Killcam.

barolb

Live Recording 2014 08 08 1 11 AM - YouTube

This is pretty much the issue in its entirety, I guess. I recorded this last night before I went off from my 3 hour session. I only tested it on sniper rifles since I didn't really notice it on any regular weapons... Well, that is until a few hours ago.

bughunt

Damn, I see what you mean.  Looks like it affects every weapon, too.

Have you tried altering your deadzones to see if that has any effect on this?  I only mention this because I play with practically no deadzones and hadn't noticed it was that bad.  I'll give it a try later on, but try reducing your deadzones right down and hold A to lock the screen so that you can free-aim.  Then ADS and see if it still happens.

Also, have a play around with ADS while turning.  I think they've tweaked that and got it to work without stalling like it used to.  However, I think it caused this new problem.

xBulletDodgerx

HHere we go with **** again .Wii Mote was perfect why the hell did the mess with it .

bughunt

To be fair, I understand why they they attempted to include that fix.  It was in the buglist for a while but never got addressed before support ended.  Looks like they attempted to squeeze a whole bunch of fixes in with the update for Nuketown2025.  I am thankful of this, but these other issues kinda counter it out.

But yeah, after players getting used to it and finding work arounds, it really annoys to find that other issues have appeared as a result.  This offset aiming could be a bit of a biggie, too.

bughunt

I just finished doing some testing similar to what you did in your video.  This is after the Wii U being shutdown after some playtime post update.

Not quite sure what I've done but I no longer have the aiming issues that you were showing.  It was minor to start with and I did a whole bunch of messing around with control style settings and found that it is now behaving like it was prior to the update :s

I meant to take a note of all of my settings, but I'm back to having 1 for both vertical and horizontal for the deadzone at the hip, and 1 for both vertical and horizontal deadzone ADS.  Camera turn speed is back at 40 horizontal and 38 vertical for both hip and ADS.  My sensitivity is is around 22 now.  Scoped weapons are precision and floating.  All back to normal only with sensitivity now at 22 to try and counter the sluggish turning after sprinting.

I emulated what you were doing in the video only holding A to lock the screen (no deadzones meant I would turn).  I'd position the reticule over a manaquin head and then ADS.  I'm back to landing right on target as before.  Firing right after blows the manaquin head off.  A test against bots confirms it is all working fine without any hiccups.

This is tested with full scope, ACOG, Iron Sights and various other random weapons.

The only issues I have left is with some weird and heavy turning and the sluggish movement after trying to turn right after sprinting.

EDIT

Went back on and tested using your deadzones without any issues.  I can hover the reticule over a target without needing to hold A, ADS, and be right on target.

I messed around with the default settings on the Gamepad before going back to "Professional" and tweaking the settings back to how I had them from there.

I'm back to all of my previous settings (except with cursor sensitivity set to 22).

Make a note of all your settings and then mess around with the defaults before tweaking it all back to how you had it.  This is the only thing I can think that I did and the aiming works normal now.

barolb

Yesterday I tried messing around with the settings a bit on my WiiRemoteSniper account. On the upside, I made my aim faster, but on the downside it didn't fix the issue.

I just tried switching via the gamepad from intermediate to another option, while in a private match. I did no tweaking, just switch and switch back and it works perfectly fine now? Well, that's an interesting fix/work around... However, as soon as I reapplied my settings it was just as screwy again.

I did further testing and I now understand what is broken in the settings: Pointer under scope aim styles is inoperable. I switched it to precision and it appears to work mostly fine. Ballista ironsight is actually sort of off now though, but now the scope works...

The thing is, it didn't completely disappear for me, it seems. Here are two videos: One video showing my settings before switching. I have my gamepad setting set to intermediate. The second video shows the after effect of switching to precision from pointer.

Using precision, I find it to lock up on me/acts really slow when I go outside of my dead zone range, so I can't drag scope very well. "Pointer" was very fluid, and it worked perfectly fine for both situations. Not as much slow down that I can remember, at least. And i didn't have to fix my settings because of the reticle being too sensitive. The settings I already had were probably as perfect as I could make them.

The reticle appears to be very jump now. At first I was trying to move it back, but then I thought to try and scope in and out quickly, and sure enough the reticle moves places as soon as I do a successful, and proper ads animation. So, instead of it appearing while going ads, it now appears after ads. So it's not entirely fixed on my end, I think.

At least now I can use scoped weapons, but I'll have to adjust to the extreme sensitivity it seems. But, for me this is just going on for a weekend. If i'm bored again I may, but only if this does actually get fixed. Outside of this weekend I don't think there is a point in me continuing if it will remain like this. I just want to snipe on nuketown, with Hd visuals, in peace! XD

bughunt

The ADS has gone a bit screwy for me again and it's even worse in a regular match.  Like another had said it feels like the problem is exaggerated even more in lobbies with a laggy host.

I can tweak my settings a little and over-compensate for it each time I boot up, but after spending ages building muscle memory and finding that where I was just aiming isn't where I will be aiming when I ADS is getting old real fast.

At least we are narrowing down what the root of the cause is, though.

Are you feeling that heavy, sluggish feeling that like2nap and myself are getting?

barolb

We need Pwnsweet back here to do further analysis XD Pwnsweet, where are you!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly why I said that i'm, pretty much, done with the game. No point in getting annoyed at such a silly issue. The easiest way is to just not play it.

Since I switched to Precision, I had felt an odd tug on the controller when at the edge of my dead zones. With Pointer, I felt no such thing. My settings were working perfectly fine outside of the issue with the reticle and aiming

bughunt

He did a very good job with the buglist, for sure.  It's also easier to articulate on a problem when you feel it first hand.

Yeah, like you, I had my control system set up beautifully.  I adapted the the ADS turn lock up (that they now fixed) and it was all snappy and fast.  I have already kinda adapted and finding ways of getting around it, but...eh.

If this is the controls now gimped without any hope of a fix then I can't see me playing on much longer.

LastShadowCOD

I set my dead zones to nothing and messed around with all the settings - it doesn't fix it for mote - on any gun.

If you aren't aiming at the center of the screen - your ads will be off.

barolb

Use the gamepad to alter your control setup. The gamepad has a display option, an option classes, controls, etc. Go to controls and change to a different default (you can even change back to your previous default after), then try it and see what happens. It should act 'proper', and then try applying your settings and see if there is any change to how it functions.

LastShadowCOD

Ummm...okay. When I go to the gamepad it only shows the control/settings for the gamepad not the mote. So how do you change them (the mote options) via the gamepad? Is there a certain "gamepad option" that affects the mote options? or ?

barolb

It should be under controls. Just switch one of the defaults (Greenhorn, Intermediate, professional, etc), and it will effect the Wii remote. Although do note that this is while you are using the Wii Remote. It will change the options of the Wii Remote to a default noted above. Then try it and see what happens when it is set to those defaults.

schitzotm

Holy crap, I still haven't tried it myself but I noticed people who usually outscore me were suffering bad.

I know I am getting better at playing but not over the last couple nights. People who at least put up a good fight were going negative on their k/d. I can tell you for sure the game pad remains unaffected. And I see with the reticle moving on wiimote.

As I would get shot at by an enemy they would miss cause I was moving then I would end up getting them. (this usually doesn't happen with most of the people I play against) They never seemed to get an accurate second shot off. LIke what barolb was saying about it falling as you shoot. I think that is one of the exact problems with the wiimote. I hope they fix this or explain how to re set up you wiimote settings to fix. I love being number one but only when earned. And I know some of the people I was playing against tonight usually beat me bad. And I kept going to the top of scoring.