20 Replies Latest reply: Aug 13, 2014 9:34 PM by M4GNUM RSS

Wiimote controls went slow and heavy after the Nuketown 2025 update

DestroyerIII

Hi.

I want to know if I'm the only one experiencing slow and heavy Wiimote controls after the Nuketown update. Even though all of my sensitivity settings items remain the same, it is now harder to turn right and left (while moving and while standing), to move the camera while in ADS, among other things. Increasing the sensitivity values, I have tried, won't make things any better.

I just want to know, as said above, if any other Wiimote user is undergoing this issue. I wish as well that whatever Treyarch made to the Wiimote via the Nuketown 2025 update be restored back to normal.

Bye.

• Re: Wiimote controls went slow and heavy after the Nuketown 2025 update
          bughunt

Your'e not alone.

There are a couple of issues with ADS not lining up with the reticule, along with that heavy and slow turning/aiming during various moments like you described.

I've got my camera turn speed at max for both hip and ADS already so I increased my sensitivity a bit, but it's not really helped.

I think these new issues are an unfortunate side effect of fixing an issue with the screen locking up when ADS during a turn.  The only option would be to revert this or for a new patch to be made that addresses these issues.

like2nap03

I'm hoping for a new patch that makes the game control just like Ghosts.  REALLY hoping for that.  I would so go back and play this game if they made the controls just like Ghosts.  Ghosts controls = epic.

WiimotesRus02

Its not until you play BO2 after Ghosts you realise how messed up the wiimote is, and although its better on ghosts, its not until you play BO1 or MW3 you realise how bad the wiimote is for the WiiU.

Anyhow, last night I joined the fellas on BO2 and no one could stay in a match, people getting kicked and ending up in other games, we gave it up after a couple of private games on Nuketown. I don't care what anyone says, there are and has always been issues with the servers on the WiiU, and has nothing to do with our internet. And that as much as everything else must get fixed before they release anymore CoD games for the WiiU.

Thanks for Nuketown, but somehow the game is worse than ever, which wasn't that good in the first place.

bughunt

I miss the Wiimote from the Wii era.  I've been back and had a play around on BO1.  My control settings for that and how it performed were perfect and felt so damn good to use.  I don't know how exactly they messed it up, but the Wiimote for BO2 was screwed at the start, marginally improved and now hit rock bottom again.  The way that the Wiimote is now gimped is just...ugh.

Since the Nuketown update I have noticed that it is increasingly laggy.  DoubleXP always brings the lag and there always seems to be about a week after a patch where things need to settle before it feels less erratic.

Slap the lagfest and gimped wiimote together and...well, yeah.

The Wiimote problem is a software issue where they have either not adjusted the code for the Wii U's faster polling/framerate, or there are just so many overlapping bugs that it collapses on itself lol  Ghosts is a step in the right direction regarding the Wiimote.  Advanced Warfare should, logically, be further improvement (unless they do like they did with BO2 and ditch half of the settings again).

Not even going near the issue regarding connection lol

It's common knowledge now that it is the netcode that is to blame and/or the servers for the game.  No sense trying to beat a dead horse, especially when there is a delay before the beating is relayed to said horse...

Not yet played on Nuketown, but I'm still thankful I guess.  The numbers made a hefty jumped and have stayed higher than they were previously.  That's just with an old map delivered late, too.  We don't know the exact reasons why and we may never know, but if they provided the same advertising, the same content and the same chance then the Wii U version would keep pace with the rest.

However, I would have preferred if we got Nuketown without having to screw up or sacrafice anything.

M4GNUM

I haven't seen any issues like that. .. Sorry :/

nintendon't

http://sandeian.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/gdrka.gif

Good to see the DA brotherhood still rolling strong.

bughunt

Hi-five for the DA Crew!  Low-five for the Wiimote Cre....  Ahh, crap.  Missed.

xBulletDodgerx

YO I'm getting cleaned up by noobs . The wiimote is trash right now I can't even go positive lol . If you played against me before you already know I am good as hell. I always pull beast game plays I mean always . 100+ left and right . Right now I can't even go positive . I am so mad why did they even mess with the wiimote . So ******* stupid .as of right now I will never buy another trey arch game .Never support trey arc again . They are so ******* stupid if it ain't broke don't fix it you stupid ***** .

M4GNUM

No disrespect, but are you sure? I'm VERY particular and protective about the wiimote and I've experienced zero change to it. Same as before the map.  Not sure what adding a map has to do with wiimote settings...

bughunt

There's been a fair few of us that have felt the sudden change in how gimped the controls have gotten.  Barolb has mentioned how it has affected his sniping.  like2nap has reiterated the same clunky and heavy response to the Wiimote that I've found.  Even schitzotm had to mention how he's noticed Wiimoters that would normally be dominating are now limping along and having a struggle.

Adding the map hasn't affected the Wiimote, true there.  But it looks like they took the opportunity to throw in a few fixes for various things, such as changing the button combo to control the Sentry Gun and the screen locking up when turning during ADS.  Looks like whatever alterations they made to the Wiimote has kinda backfired.

Just curious, but what is your Wiimote setup?  Did you start from one of the preset configurations when you tweaked it to your liking?

M4GNUM

Hmm. I'll pay closer attention I guess - but so far haven't seen any difference :/

My Wiimote setup is based off the Wiimote Settings Guide from ATU that's in "Featured Content" in this forum. From that I've tweaked a few of the settings to fit my playstyle. As of late, that is sniping. I stopped playing Ghosts for so many reasons and went back to BO2 which in my opinion a better game, with better graphics and sound design. I just wish it had the great connection I experienced with Ghosts. So sniping is how I prevent boredom with BO2. I've got diamonds and prefer bolt action. So toning down some of the sensitivity/camera speeds is advantageous for me. With sniping, I don't think I'd notice changes. On smaller maps I'll switch to diamond ARs, SMGs, or Pistols. With those, I'd think I'd notice Wiimote settings goofyness...but I haven't. I did notice the Sentry Gun button combo and liked it. Got sick of hitting A to run and start controlling it, LOL. Haven't seen ADS lock up or response delay.

Me thinks Nuketown and other game changes in BO2 means no Advanced Warfare. Instead of investing in another low-seller like Ghosts, they are pimping BO2 in order to keep people interested in COD.

WiimotesRus02

bughunt wrote:

But it looks like they took the opportunity to throw in a few fixes for various things,

Then there's the problem right there, everytime they try to fix something, they f**k up something else. The game was so bad in the first place they can't avoid it unless they scrap it and start again, which we all know won't happen, but that's the problem. Treyarch needs to be replaced, end of..