1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 241 Replies Latest reply: Sep 29, 2014 1:56 PM by gotsomestars Go to original post RSS
      • 20. Re: Help me make the jump.
        aaron86v

With everything you just said, stick with Xbox One. You won't be let down. And as far as the whole "PS4 is more powerful and better graphics" BS, it really doesn't make that much of a difference to switch consoles because of that.

Unless a PS4 user can give you enough reasons to switch that you think are interesting enough for you, then you really have no reason whatsoever to switch to a PS4.

Xbox One has been getting updates every month to make X1 even better and they are listening to the community more than ever with the addition of their new Feedback website. I honestly can't wait to see what is going to be done with the Xbox One in the future and it can only get better.

• 21. Re: Help me make the jump.
          iivrruummii

The Xbox One definitely will change over the years just like the X360 did.  I just hope they make the tile layout better.  So far the games I have played have been great with some minor crashes here and there involving the dashboard freezing, but other than that not many other problems, aside from a glitchy/faulty party chat(at least for me).

• 22. Re: Help me make the jump.
            Izjar11

aaron86v wrote:

With everything you just said, stick with Xbox One. You won't be let down. And as far as the whole "PS4 is more powerful and better graphics" BS, it really doesn't make that much of a difference to switch consoles because of that.

Unless a PS4 user can give you enough reasons to switch that you think are interesting enough for you, then you really have no reason whatsoever to switch to a PS4.

Xbox One has been getting updates every month to make X1 even better and they are listening to the community more than ever with the addition of their new Feedback website. I honestly can't wait to see what is going to be done with the Xbox One in the future and it can only get better.

NDWF will make up his own mind, but a forum mod who I play Ghost with, specifically said that the PS4 (on that game) renders better details. What that means, well he states for example: The lighting of a rocket, can is noticeable, the particular way a explosion happens, to me he was explaining that on the PS4, the system renders more clarity, or color in game.

but dont forget

xbox animated GIF

• 23. Re: Help me make the jump.
              iHattoriHanzo0

Yeah. I pin something to my dashboard and then use a couple of apps and then what I pinned isn't there anymore.

• 24. Re: Help me make the jump.
                Shadowelite555

And the game is still going...

• 25. Re: Help me make the jump.
                  vims1990

Ah those GIF's. Only thing I enjoyed about the "console wars".

• 26. Re: Help me make the jump.
                    Foxhound-Pro

I have both of them. I use my Xbox One more because, like you, that's where my friends are.

I can tell you that the PS4 system for getting into a party with friends is very fluid. Getting into a party with friends on Xbox One is better, but started out pretty harsh.

Both Sony and Microsoft are doing well to upgrade their consoles. Microsoft is being very, very transparent with this process and their beta program is unlike anything I've participated in before. It's better than the Xbox 360 one by miles at a time.

My PlayStation 4 worked out of the box no problem.

My Xbox One played games out of the box, but the social aspects were hard to stomach.

The Xbox One still has a lot of room for growth and just about everything we want is either in the works or could possibly come.

I don't like playing the numbers game when it comes to hardware. Sure the PS4 may have more "raw" power, but Xbox One's social factor is just way too strong.

• 27. Re: Help me make the jump.
                      Foxhound-Pro

Izjar11 wrote:

aaron86v wrote:

NDWF will make up his own mind, but a forum mod who I play Ghost with, specifically said that the PS4 (on that game) renders better details. What that means, well he states for example: The lighting of a rocket, can is noticeable, the particular way a explosion happens, to me he was explaining that on the PS4, the system renders more clarity, or color in game.

but dont forget

xbox animated GIF

That was in regard to the ambient light being displayed/rendered better, in my opinion, on the PS4. It looked great and was so fluid. It was, for me atleast, breath taking. That said I play the game nearly the same in terms of skill on three different platforms. The visuals don't make a difference for me there.

*shrugs*

• 28. Re: Help me make the jump.
                        Dforums

It comes down to how close you are with xbox friends.  PS4 will always have a graphical edge and there are great games coming to both.  I switched to PS4 and don't regret it, except one of my best friends did not switch and stayed with XB1.  Way less need to use a mute button also, but it will happen.

I had very little lag until numbers dropped.  With more owning a PS4, hopefully numbers will pick up for AW.  Oh, and Destiny will rock on PS4, though I hate waiting a month for CoD stuff.

Good luck with your decision.

• 29. Re: Help me make the jump.
                          ghamorra

Exclusives are taking over gaming. Find what platform best suits you in terms of exclusives and make your decision on that. Xbox only has Halo and Forza, everything else they have is a timed exclusive.

The PS4 has several full exclusives and several timed exclusives. Most notably Destiny's 1 year DLC timed exclusive and several full games like The Order. No Man's Sky (which supposedly will take 5 billion years to fully explore), Bloodbourne (Dark Souls like game), Uncharted 4, and a ton of indie games.

1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next