13 Replies Latest reply: Aug 19, 2014 1:22 PM by CAN-Gaming_Conner RSS

ATU - Update for Mote and Nuketown on MP playlist?

LastShadowCOD

Just curious if there will be any such updates/patches?

• Re: ATU - Update for Mote and Nuketown on MP playlist?
          bughunt

The one and only time I have played Nuketown2025 is when I when into a Custom Game on my own with bots to try it out...

I have only come across it once in the MP map selection in a public lobby and that was between the time the update was available but before DoubleXP.  It was just me and one other person waiting in the lobby so I left.  Never seen it since.

Is anybody getting it in the map selection?  If so, what game mode?

LastShadowCOD

Haven't ever seen it in the MP lobbies.

bughunt

I really don't know what is up with that.

I've seen it once, as I explained, but never seen it since and it was between getting the update and 2XP being activated.  I have yet to actually play that map in a public lobby :/

It's still listed in Custom Games...

I know that it is not possible to play the game online unless an update is performed.  I got that message when trying to reconnect just after playing but had not restarted back to the System Menu.  So it can't be that people are online and not done the update in order to avoid gimped Wiimote controls.

This is where we find that it was removed from general use so that it is only available during the Nuketown2025 24/7, but they forgot to revert that after removing DoubleXP lol

If anybody has actually played on this map in a Public Lobby (not in a Custom Game or Private Match) after Nuketown2025 24/7 ended, let us know what Game Mode.  Was the Nuketown2025 map only packaged in for a 24/7 + 2XP weeked? (pretty dumb move, if that is the case).

I think this, combined with the Wiimote problem, warrants them coming back and providing some brief support.  The patch was supposed to bring Nuketown2025 and patch a few things for the Wiimote...and here we are...

schitzotm

Hey man, please tell me you didn't miss the "bonus" listing in the game type selections. IE: objective, tdm, hctdm, ect, bonus.

It was there, nothing but nuketown and it changed which type of game you were playing every game. Pretty cool.

Took vacation saturday and played from 7 am saturday morning til 8 am sunday. LOL (off and on of course only to eat and use the bathroom though oh yeah and a nap for about 4 hours at around 11pm saturday.) If you missed nuketown then I feel real bad for you, cause it was excellent. Hats off to treyarch.

Waiting for the next double xp weekend. Let's do it again real soon.

bughunt

lol no, I saw it there.  I just didn't play that much during 2XP since it always brings the bad lag for me.  When I did play I just stuck to the regular game modes that I normally played.

I'm not the biggest fan of Nuketown and the occasional time it would, in theory, appear in the voting selection would be enough for me.  24/7 of a map I'm not that into wouldn't really do it for me lol

I'd still like to play it now and then for a welcome change and, in retrospect, guess I should have played a few rounds during 2XP.  Didn't think it would mysterously vanish once it ended xD

like2nap03

Yeah even if they added that map it wouldn't make this game any more enticing for me.  I never liked it.  I'm not a fan of crazy small spray and pray maps.  Plus I played it WAY too much in BLOPS 1.  When that game came out I had an issue with my internet where it would disconnect from the Wii after 20 minutes.  Nuketown was always voted for twice.  So I would play it twice, get disconnected, reconnect, and play it twice more.  If I remember right, I once played that map 27 times in a row.  I already didn't like it, but that made me really hate it.  Took me a few months but I was eventually able to get the connection to last longer.  (it's complicated)

Edit:  Wii.  Not Wii U.

bughunt

lmao what really soured it for me was everybody voting for that map before a fix was made.  I remember it being possible to vote for "last played map" non-stop before they patched it to how it works now.  It was LITERALLY Nuketown 24/7.  I would have to actually leave lobby after lobby just to find one that isn't spamming Nuketown simply because they hadn't had it come up in the selection yet.

Small doses is fine.

LastShadowCOD

Just an FYI - I played Nuketown on SND MP yesterday. We played it three times in a row because we got kicked the first time and it got re-voted the next two.

Perhaps they are beta testing it on the least played game types before going to full MP?

like2nap03

LastShadowCOD wrote:

Just an FYI - I played Nuketown on SND MP yesterday. We played it three times in a row because we got kicked the first time and it got re-voted the next two.

Perhaps they are beta testing it on the least played game types before going to full MP?

Or they are trying to lure players to other game modes since TDM is so popular and most everything else is a ghost town. 

ThtGyNTheBckgrnd

Ive seen it come up in FFA  and party games a few times, maybe once or twice in TDM

schitzotm

Update to wii u will put nuketown on hardcore tdm and all others. Just went to software update and forced an update.

Then nuketown is there. So I guess if you are still having problems getting nuketown on hctdm or any other match just go force the u to update. Just played nuketown on hctdm and getting ready to play second time. Hope that helped someone still having this problem with not getting nuketown to show up.

Blakie_walston

You can only find Nuketown 2025 in search and destroy free for all or other game modes except for tdm if u find Nuketown in tdm I'd be shocked.