7 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2014 6:23 AM by phxs72 RSS

Join Lobby still doesn't work 9 months later...

How is it that it has been 9 months now and you still are not able to join a person's lobby.  The only way this works is if they are searching for a game or in a game lobby already, but if you are not searching for a game yet and just trying to get friends together, you are not able to invite them into the lobby.  I find it hard to believe they have never fixed this. My understanding is that this is only an issue on the Xbox One.  I don't remember the exact error message but it says something about the lobby not being joinable.

LifeSong1
        • Test #1
          Re: Join Lobby still doesn't work 9 months later...

Generally it works on the PS4 but sometimes even we have issues with it.  I have found though that when we have issues that the work around is to start a party chat.  Once your friend joins the party chat they can highlight you and they will have the option to join your session.  I've got a few friends that almost always have to join through party chat.

Last Edited: Aug 19, 2014 12:44 PM
            • Test #1

I'm always in an Xbox Live Party and that does not work for me or my friends. Plus, when we send an invite sometimes we get an Xbox Live Notification but not an actual in-game invite. Very frustrating when you spend 15 minutes trying to get everyone in the same lobby...when that should be one of the easiest things to do!  I'm really hoping they implement this right in AW...

Last Edited: Aug 19, 2014 1:43 PM
                • Test #1

Sounds like it might be something Microsoft needs to address.  I'm not on XBONE, but on ps4, the invites are all handled through psn.  I imagine it's something similar for XBONE.

Last Edited: Aug 19, 2014 2:17 PM
                    • Test #1

It's possible but it worked on Ghosts on the 360 and works in other games such as Titanfall on the One. The only game I have heard of that has this issue is Ghosts.

Last Edited: Aug 19, 2014 2:18 PM
                        • Test #1

A lot of the Ghosts friends, invites, etc features worked better on the old gen consoles.  The PS3 works a lot better for those things than the PS4.  It may just be a matter of them not knowing the proper specs in time prelaunch and not knowing how or not being able to fix it post launch.  AW shouldn't have that excuse since it was built on next gen and ported back to old gen.

Last Edited: Aug 20, 2014 5:08 AM
                            • Test #1

While I understand your argument, I don't think that is a valid excuse. They've had 9 months of time to work with MS or PS or whoever to get this fixed. They obviously don't see it as a priority, but when it comes to time sensitive items like clan wars where every game counts and it helps to be playing, it kinda sucks spending 15 minutes trying to get people into a lobby just so you can play...

Last Edited: Aug 20, 2014 6:08 AM
                                • Test #1

Oh I agree that it's a flimsy excuse this late in the game but they just didn't do anything to fix it.  Much like the 2nd player no DLC access issue that was pointed out at launch and never addressed.  Granted the no DLC issue is much more minor than the lobby joining one but it was obvious this year that their attention wasn't on correcting the basic game functionality as much as we would have liked.

Last Edited: Aug 20, 2014 6:23 AM