15 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 10:29 AM by Tontonronton RSS

Playing Modern Warfare 2 with Xbox360 game controller for PC

Killemd
      Hi

Can someone please explain how to use xbox360 game controller for the PC to play MW2?

I downloaded pinocle and installed the software for the controller and still doesnt work.

Is someone using xbox360 controller for PC to play MW2 and how did they install it and get it to work for multiplayer?

Please put simple step by step instructions on how to get this controller working.

Thanks heaps guys!

Peace
        • Re: Playing Modern Warfare 2 with Xbox360 game controller for PC
          you cant use an xbox controller on the PC, plus the fact if you could use one you would be putting yourself at the serious disadvantage to mouse and keyboard users.
            Siriusa
            Just use M&K. You'll be doing yourself a favor.
              Killemd
              no no its actually a PC controller for the PC....a lot of MW2 players use it....i just wanna find out how they do it......
                I've never heard of that, cant honestly see why anyone would choose to do so, any controller sets you at a disadvantage to someone with a mouse.  The aiming qualities of a mouse are much more precise plus allow people with better reflexes to aim a lot faster.

Controller on PC FPS leaves you at a disadvantage, would recommend getting used to the keyboard and mouse layout its much more comfortable plus offers much more in the ways of improvement.
                  TheDustbinMan
                  1. You can use an Xbox controller on the PC, plenty of games support it. Im pretty sure you could find a tutorial for it via google or YouTube.

2. I dont see why you would want to. You are just going to get your ass handed to you online by KB+M users.
                    Killemd
                    Hey Myth700

Thanks for the reply....Here is the link.....<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptWwwhOZWJg">http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=ptWwwhOZWJg</a><!-- m -->

I wish soemone who is actually using the xbox 360 controller to play MW2 on PC comes here and clarifies it for us!

Lets hope they will !
                      I'm almost sure that MW2 has no controller support hedgehog but I could be mistaken, haven't played the game in a few months now.
                        Killemd
                        Hey hedge

I both mine because one of the online players told me its heaps easier and better with no lags!! He reckons that he used to use the key and mouse and converted to xbox controller and reckons he kicks ass and comp responds quicker ??
                          Killemd
                          <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.frys.com/product/6071988;jsessionid=Chu7-bx0znQthKKSNlziyQ**.n ode3?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG">http://www.frys.com/product/6071988;jse ... IN_RSLT_PG</a><!-- m -->

proof guys !

from this website that there are controllers for PC for MW2 !!!

but the question is how the f does it work when i got one and it doesnt work?
                            Jake305
                            It should be as simple as automatically installing the driver software [so the controller is recognisable], then using a program such as 'Joy2Key' to bind keyboard buttons to the controller.
                              Killemd
                              hey Jake ill try that program then...you reckon itd work?
                                weymouthstt
                                Yea, you should have a controller with either a wired usb, or a wireless usb adapter.

When you plug it in, windows should automatically recognize it and install drivers, or hopefully you have a disk with drivers on it.

Then google search for a program you can use to map keys to the controller. I use joytokey, but there are a few to choose from. It will give you the ability to create different profiles to use with different games.

It actually works pretty well, if you are any good with sticks on xbox 360, then you shouldn't have a problem using a controller against mouse and keyboard users. I didn't get MW2 for pc, but I play WaW online all the time with 360 sticks, and destroy people.

You will have to get used to a pretty high sensitivity though, if you haven't tried like 7 or 8 on 360 you should.
                                  Killemd
                                  hey wheymouth.....i know i installed all the drivers and all but still doesnt pick it up...ill try downloading Joy2Key' and see if its gonna work.....cheers ill let you know if it works
                                    Siriusa

KILLAMADMAN wrote:

Hey hedge

I both mine because one of the online players told me its heaps easier and better with no lags!! He reckons that he used to use the key and mouse and converted to xbox controller and reckons he kicks ass and comp responds quicker ??

Mouse & keyboard doesn't lag.
                                      Tontonronton

What if OP wants to LAN but both be on equal playing field with the mates at home and all have 360 controllers, then that would be fair.

What if he just wants to play through the campaign casually and comfortably, maybe in bed if hes got the desk at the end, or have you ever heard of plugging a PC into a TV omggggg...

What if the developers finally add Split-Screen Multiplayer into the PC version! What if developers allowed PC to 'System-Link' AKA Local Split-Screen Multiplayer with LAN, you could have an 8-Player match with 2 TV's and 2 PC's and play at far better framerates or even 4K for 4-Player Split-Screen, that would be gorgeous! a whole 1080p Screen per Player... imagine.

Controllers aren't useless, they are inferior to KB+M yes, but maybe its time we gave PC gamers more options, Thats what PC Gaming is about right? because whether you like one method of control over the other, some people like both, because they serve difference purposes such as comfort and the gameplay itself physically feels different! (Gamepad Players have to rely on strafing into target to get hits, rather than looking to aim with a mouse) its just another way of playing a game, no matter what peripherals you use, be it an Oculus Rift or Wii Motes, they're all different ways of communicating with the game.

Did you know: Sony have just released a officially licensed KB+M for use with the PS4, not only that but you can get adapters such as the EagleEye for PS3 or the XIM3 adapter for 360 that both are officially licensed and lets people use KB+M at consoles, YES its not a pretty sight for those poor gamepad users. XIM3: Mouse and Keyboard on Xbox 360 | MW2 Demo #1 - YouTube

Eventually there's going to be KB+M players everywhere on all platforms, one day it will happen to you, and you might just rage and think its some hacker, but really they've just got an XIM3 Adapter!

Its time developers developed 'Gamepad Only Servers' and 'KB+M with Gamepad Servers' for both Consoles and PC.

These 'Gamepad Only Servers' could work by temporarily disabling all vital KB+M buttons such as W,A,S,D,LeftClick,RightClick apon joining server with a little logo of a gamepad next to it. I know this is possible because there is a command in the Source engine called 'unbindall' which litrully unbinds everything... the server could tell the client your in a 'Gamepad Only Server' and not allow you to re-bind the KB+M while joined, the KB+M binds could all come back when you return to game menus.

This would mean, we could Cross-Platform PC with consoles and be on level playing fields no matter the platform everyone has 60fps now, it is a nice framerate and having 120fps isn't a huge advantage so don't worry about people playing on a better system too much. Not only that but the server list, will be massive! sooo much choice.

In the end, Call of Duty is a multi-platform game, and the fact that in some versions, there are missing features, such as aim assist or split-screen mp, means its not really the complete game, we should expect the same features across all platforms as the title of the game is always the same on all platforms.