37 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 4:38 PM by Bielsalmighty RSS

Let's be honest

DaManiac

Imo aw looks 100x times better than ghost. They took the best features out of black ops 2 and ghost and combined it with their own. The reason why ghost was a fail.

#1 The use of sat coms with large maps

#2 Way to many perks

#3 Boring killstreaks made multiplayer boring

#4 instant death

Now let me tell you why aw is better than ghost by a long shot.

#1 Pick 13. A idea from black ops 2 imo is the best create a class system.

#2 killstreaks. Even though they didn't show them all from the looks they are way better than ghost killstreaks. Now you can upgrade killstreaks which is a pretty cool idea and the uav is back to normal.

#3 Exo suit/Exo abilities. This is the game changer. This can be your advantage or disadvantage. You will have to adapt to the exo suit because everyone will be able to use it's features so if you mastered bj and dashing you have the advantage already but if you try to play this cod like previous cods your at the disadvantage. About the abilities. I've been lookin at everybody's videos on YouTube and it seems everybody's nightmare is the cloaking ability when it should be ping. The clock has a counter which is ping but ping has no real counter but to use ping against ping. The other abilities are cool but not as op as ping and cloak.

#4 Maps are made for fast action gameplay so camping is a option but to me wouldn't be as affective I'm ghost.

#5 Weapon upgrades. Every weapon have 3 upgrades.

#6 customization. Customization exceeds ghost by a long shoot.

I just listed pros for aw and why it's better than ghost here are the cons.

Cloak and ping. I would list exo suit but that's to everybody's usage. Let me kno' what you guys think.

• Re: Let's be honest
          maccabi

DaManiac wrote:

#4 Maps are made for fast action gameplay so camping is a option but to me wouldn't be as affective I'm ghost.

"made for" maybe but used in that manner is another story..

Camping will be way worse in Aw than previous cods exactly because of the exo suit.. now you can camp on top of things previously in cod you have been unable to .. two quick examples Biolab there is a grider you can Bj onto that if you stay close to the wall no one can see you as they run round to the area and you can pick people of easily.. Riot the main entrance  to the prison wing you can bj up the inside of the doorway two stories and camp the doorway on a ledge and noone can see you as they run from outside.

DaManiac

You are right but that where the exo abilities come into play using ping to find the campers. I think campers and rushers will be at a standstill.

maccabi

DaManiac wrote:

You are right but that where the exo abilities come into play using ping to find the campers. I think campers and rushers will be at a standstill.

ping is basically useless, and there are much better exo suit abilities to use

gotsomestars

I use ping in ghosts quite often, but I don't think it will be very useful in AW if the effective range is the same as ghosts. I would guess the ability that let's you stay off the mini map when using exo abilities will be the "must have".

maccabi

gotsomestars wrote:

I use ping in ghosts quite often, but I don't think it will be very useful in AW if the effective range is the same as ghosts. I would guess the ability that let's you stay off the mini map when using exo abilities will be the "must have".

thing is with aw due to the movement stuff, you can be in one spot show up on the map and be somewhere completely different less than a sec later on a totally different level .

gotsomestars

Yep so if the ping "circle" is the same size as ghosts, it will be useless. From what I've seen. Boost hover will be big, and the one that keeps you off the mini map while boosting will be big. But what I think even more is, the masses will settle into one or two basic load outs. The more skilled players will come up with some unique load outs for each game type. I know personally I'll use the trophy system exo ability in Dom/objective game modes. But I think most will just load up on perks and abilities. And most will add on so much to their score streaks that they will rarely get them.

maccabi

gotsomestars wrote:

Yep so if the ping "circle" is the same size as ghosts, it will be useless. From what I've seen. Boost hover will be big, and the one that keeps you off the mini map while boosting will be big. But what I think even more is, the masses will settle into one or two basic load outs. The more skilled players will come up with some unique load outs for each game type. I know personally I'll use the trophy system exo ability in Dom/objective game modes. But I think most will just load up on perks and abilities. And most will add on so much to their score streaks that they will rarely get them.

trophy system and shield will be (imo) the best exo abilities for objective modes like dom, for stuff like ctf and quidditch the overclock and stim work best (imho)

DaManiac

Ping in aw is different from ghost. Ghost ping lets you see enemies after you kill them on the mini map. In aw ping lets you see enemies on the hud not the mini map.

SubToXd

Well yeah campers will always be there. Even if you put players in an open box there would still be camping. Its just they way it it, but depending on gamemode i think this game will play differently.

The exo abilities are going to make people want to move because its "cool and different" and you can get places faster.

DeviousC0DY

So you know where the campers will be?

I never really have had problems with campers, they get you once, you know where they are. If you go back they are generally a easy kill after that. If someone is entrenched in a spot across the map with a sniper, that is not camping, that is playing correctly with the sniper.

Bielsalmighty

Which is always our stock response to complaints about campers/camping. I think he was trying to make the point that if people think BJ = no camping they are in for a rude awakening. People camped in Titanfall for crying out loud LMAO

FalconR6

Just to add about camping. I do not mind folks that use the term to describe a way to play. Truth is "camping" has so many definitions according to various peeps.

There has always been camping in cod. AW will not differ.

My mantra - if we all played the same way we would get bored quicker.

RunAndGun1

Yes, camping will be present in AW. Whether it's worse in AW doesn't matter to me. The whole boost jumping and side dashing features will still make it harder for people to kill, including campers. If they're camping, they still won't know if or when you will boost jump. Sadly, COD will always have campers because a lot of players are addicted to KDR. I'm addicted to fun. If the game isn't fun, I'm disappointed. KDR looks good on paper, but has nothing to do with how fun the game is.

From what I've seen so far of AW, my faith in COD might be restored. I won't know for sure until I get my hands on the game and start playing.

FalconR6

Lets be honest....... I prefer Ghosts over BO2.

The one thing I will say about AW is that I am doing my best to totally disregard expectation/wants based off past cods. Watching the reveal trailer AW is different with a capital D.  I will enjoy it for what it is.

Izjar11

DaManiac wrote:

Imo aw looks 100x times better than ghost. They took the best features out of black ops 2 and ghost and combined it with their own. The reason why ghost was a fail.

#1 The use of sat coms with large maps

#2 Way to many perks

#3 Boring killstreaks made multiplayer boring

#4 instant death

its interesting how one group says a thing and then the other says one thing:

#1 people complained of UAV spam, of dot chasers, of not having "skill" because they relied on the minimap so much. Ghost challenged that, and we get your reaction.

#2 People asked for more variety and wanted less perks with multiple advantages, Ghost gives us a variety and breaks down the perks forcing players to choose what works for them and now we have your reaction

# 3 People complained on kill streaks being to over powered, or people winning games solely on kill streaks or camping for kill streaks, now they are boring.

#4 people complained about "rubber banding" endless clips, chasing people, etc Ghost gave us probably one of the best hit detection and ttk than previous titles and its a problem.

My point: Dont blame Ghost, as its a game designed for us, us players who DO NOT KNOW WHAT WE WANT!

Cheers.

DaManiac

I've never had a problem with uav but the sat com was so sorry they should of just left out of the game completely and imo black ops 1 was the best cod to me. Mw3 was terrible but ghost exceeds far beyond that.

iivrruummii

UAV spam was counter able, but people didn't want to put the effort into it.  I actually liked BO2 because if you wanted to not show up you had to focus on the UAVs or move around with Ghost.

Dforums

I liked ghosts for all those reasons as a change of pace from BO2.  Don't forget all the 3 lane BO2 small map dislike.  Even though Siege was crazy size, there are all sizes of maps and layouts. 

My personal favorite is no tac insertions!!!

Both games I've put too many hours into, but enjoyed the ride.  Looking forward to pack#4 in a couple weeks and then AW in Nov.

ghamorra

If the community had it there way Call of Duty would be played with each player wearing a turbo charged exo suit playing on a map the size of a shoebox with guns firing 2000 rounds per minute

I liked Ghosts because it tamed players from wanting to sprint around the map at the speed of light causing severe issues with lag. It was a sound game with limited issues until the community started throwing fits about everything. They complained about issues that were completely fabricated for the sake of complaining about something. Thus patch after patch and now we're left with a game that was fixing things that weren't broken.

DaManiac

Uav was fine before they messed with it. At least you had people running around with it instead of all the camping in ghost.  Makes the game feel like I'm playing hide and seek with the enemy. Radar makes players move but without that people will camp.

phxs72

Players don't move because they either like not moving or are too unconfident in their abilities to move.  I'm not a fan of the SAT COM but the SAT COM didn't cause people to stop moving.  Most of those same people wouldn't move with a VSAT up.  The only thing that the SAT COM could effect is those that don't know how to move without a red dot to chase.  I hate to say it but those guys are probably better off sitting still.  Moving would just make them cannon fodder for the players that actually understand the game.  Sitting still just kept them alive a little longer until a more experienced player came running by and gunned them and anybody that was with them down.

I think that sometimes we put entirely too much weight on the influence of in-game features on the community when the real problem are the guys holding the controller.  If nothing else Ghosts exposed a lot of players to their deficiencies.  Some took up the challenge and upped their game while others didn't.  In the end the community that survived are overall better players.  I know for myself that I have improved as a player and I was pretty good before.  I can remember going back to BO2 a few months into Ghosts just to play a few matches and I wiped the floor with the folks over there.  It was like playing in easy mode.  Understand it didn't feel that way during the year that I played BO2 but it sure did going back.  Now I'm looking forward to the challenges that AW is going to present.  I'm going to have to up my game again and I like it.

gotsomestars

The SAT COM was light years better than the UAV.

Sat com takes team work . The problem with ghosts isn't ghosts. Its the selfish, brainless, entitled mob who played it.  Everything they did in ghosts, people asked for. Then when they got it, they cried more. I'm glad sledgehammer changed things up. We can only hope they become the first dev team to stick to their guns and not let the community cry the game to death. Like ghosts. Decent game at launch, worse with each patch. Now its just a cluster of bad patches and every weapon and explosive is all mucked up. I did finally break down and buy the ripper. And anyone who doesn't buy it is at a disadvantage. Even tho its slight its still a tactical advantage that is paid for.

phxs72

I do like the Ripper but it's probably my second favorite SMG.  For my play style the VEPR is better but when I need a solid SMG that will perform decent overall and great up close the Ripper is my go to gun.

You are correct about the SAT COM and the teamwork side of things and in truth Ghosts was built for teamwork.  So it makes sense.  I just like the old UAV system better.  That being said though, anyone that had an issue with Assassin or Ghost should kiss Infinity Wards feet because the general lack of teamwork in pubs along with the SAT COMs function made Off the Grid a near useless perk.  Disclaimer: I don't have an issue with these perks.  Never did.

Izjar11

phxs72 wrote:

I think that sometimes we put entirely too much weight on the influence of in-game features on the community when the real problem are the guys holding the controller. 

I agree 100% with this PHXS

applause animated GIF

but you can't convince those who think otherwise no matter what is said.

iivrruummii

Without red dot chasing, I had a higher K/D in Ghosts than BO2.  My K/D peaked at 2.75 in Ghosts while my K/D in BO2 peaked at 2.4.  To me it seems much easier to play Ghosts and MW3 than it was to play BO2.  Red dot chasing was not just helpful but also hurtful in BO2.  In Ghosts and MW3 it was easier to just sit in a high flow area waiting for people to flank.

ghamorra

My K/D in Black Ops II was the highest it's ever been and it say around 2.8 for most of that game's life before I start goofing off. I thought Black Ops II was easy minus instances of gamebreaking lag that put me full seconds behind. To me Black Ops II was the easiest Call of Duty which I find interesting because it was my least favorite.

iivrruummii

I would also like to note that my W/L in BO2 was much lower than in Ghosts.  I think my W/L on BO2 was around 15.0 while on Ghosts it peaked at 50.0 before I switched to the Xbox One.

ghamorra

iivrruummii wrote:

I would also like to note that my W/L in BO2 was much lower than in Ghosts.  I think my W/L on BO2 was around 15.0 while on Ghosts it peaked at 50.0 before I switched to the Xbox One.

My assumption is that you play with a party most of the time?

FalconR6

Noting all the nice statistics above for KD/WL.........   I'll be over in the corner covering my notes in shame, lols.

Bielsalmighty

hahaha well I'm going to be shameless, 1.27ish in both BO2 and Ghosts, 1.5 W/L in BO2 and over 3 in Ghosts.

I agree most of the problems lie with how people now play the game. I can understand slowing down (or even stopping) when near a killstreak, but the kind of stat-whoring japery I saw in ghosts just put me off in the long run. It makes for a dull and rather frustrating experience, the best time to play for me was during clan wars when folk would play properly. Sadly, for lonewolves they veered from tolerating what I did to running into pubstomp crews. Not good.

phxs72

Perhaps.  I'm one of those flankers and my kd and wl in Ghosts is higher than it was in BO2.  Not by a lot mind you but it definitely went up.  I contribute that more than anything to my own game play improving.

iDontWantToPlayHalo

"If nothing else Ghosts exposed a lot of players to their deficiencies.  Some took up the challenge and upped their game while others didn't."

I don't know how to direct quote but what Phxs72 said  is absolutely true. I remember running and gunning with a Skorpian/Vector in BLOPS2 and it being incredibly effective. I tried doing that in Ghost and was getting stomped on. It made me change my game and adapt a more tactical approach. I'm not a KDR guy but mine is even better now than it was in BLOPS2 and I know this same approach will serve me well in AW. Adapt or die couldn't be more apropos when it comes to COD.

Bielsalmighty

I dunno, I did ok running around with a CBJ/K7 when I played Ghosts. There were times when I had to switch out to an AR because the match required some punch at range, but for the most part I found haring around with an SMG to work out just fine. But then each CoD requires a subtle change to ones approach. Ghosts deffo added to my abilities, couldn't say what but I came out of my time on it a better player

ghamorra

DaManiac wrote:

Uav was fine before they messed with it. At least you had people running around with it instead of all the camping in ghost.  Makes the game feel like I'm playing hide and seek with the enemy. Radar makes players move but without that people will camp.

How do you know people were camping in Ghosts? Did you watch a killcam and use those few seconds to generalize how they play all the time?

Ask any number of people on this forum about my playstyle which is constantly referred to as camping by my opponent and they'll tell you that I camp when I know the enemy is nearby and when I'm not camping I'm moving somewhere else to camp. If you really want to get technical about it I'm moving just as much as the next guy but I'm smart enough to let the enemy come to me rather than me go to the enemy.

That's the thing about Call of Duty and any other FPS. You're playing against humans who are capable of their own rationalization and decision making and therefore they act and behave in a manner that suits them best for their own reasons. So to you, using your rationalization and reasoning, may think someone is camping. However, to the other person they're camping because they know you're coming to them and in their own strategical understanding of the game they feel more confident waiting for you to come through a door rather than sprinting out and attacking.

It's this lack of deductive thought that causes horrific changes to the game that limit players abilities. It's why we got the sh*t show that was Black Ops II and it's why people complain about stupid ass non-issues in Ghosts. The community sucks when it comes to psycho-analyzing their opponent. They think that because they want the game to be played a certain way that the game is played a certain way and obviously that's just stupid.

otisman666

DaManiac wrote:

#4 instant death

Umm, did you not see the same videos I have been watching?  Lots of insta-deaths there and these guys were playing on LANs.  Hey, I have grown accustomed to the idea that this game is moving more and more towards something that has timing like the old HC games, but I know there will be a lot commentary about this (again) when people start playing it for real on-line.