10 Replies Latest reply: Aug 21, 2014 2:32 PM by iHattoriHanzo0 RSS

Advanced Warfare just might restore my faith in COD

RunAndGun1

From what I've seen of Advanced Warfare, I have renewed hope in the COD series. Assuming the gameplay in the videos will be what we experience online in public matches, then I really think I can get excited about COD again.

The exo-suit jumping is a brilliant new feature to me. Not just because of the futuristic aspect of it, but that by having this feature it will make people work harder for their kills. If someone starts shooting at you, you can jump and force them to re-aim their weapon. This in itself is a godsend to the series. For too long killing in COD has been nearly instantaneous when you include the lag most of us experience in online console matches. With jumping, you can also catch the enemy off guard because they don't know if or when you will jump. This will amp up the intensity I know most of us want in COD, but at the same time keep us on our toes.

The maps I've seen in the AW videos look like they're a good size. I'm sure there will be some clusterfk sized maps for the lazier amongst us. But, I am happy with what I've seen so far. November may seem far off. But, I know it will be here before I know it. I'm hoping they will show more maps in upcoming videos before the games release.

• Re: Advanced Warfare just might restore my faith in COD
          DiehardSupFan

I don't know about restoring my faith in COD as I have been playing Battlefield for the last four years but I am looking forward to this game.  Might have a little difficulty adapting to faster action than I am use to playing but will have to see.  Was mostly playing domination in BF4 due to the many issues with the game and the domination action there was fast and kills were quick.   Watching the AW pvp videos, some of the various modes look like fun and the exoskeltons add a different dimension to gameplay.

Customization looks fun also.

girobbor

I agree with you.

The game also looks a lot better with the new engine.

I cant wait for it to come out.

iHattoriHanzo0

Its good to see some players are very optimistic with the media thats been released so far like yourself. I'll be honest......... when I watched the multi reveal, I don't think there was any part that I witnessed where I thought these forums were going to bash and be negative about.

I got excited just because its a new title but refused to to like or dislike the details. I'll admit there was some skepticism on my part but will not say its a positive or negative until I actually play. Although being shocked is bit of an understatement.

CoD is one of the only games I will buy blindly. I always put a ton of time into the game and always get my monies worth. Not quite sure you would consider that faith or not. Maybe just dedication.

Izjar11

I've always been a fan of different movement speeds in games, and providing us with this extra thing seems good. The true test will be when released.

RunAndGun1

Izjar11 wrote:

I've always been a fan of different movement speeds in games, and providing us with this extra thing seems good. The true test will be when released.

While I don't think AW will be less campy, I do feel the new movement abilities will make their playstyle less successful. I think a lot of players who like to camp will flock to the "traditional" playlist that's planned for AW. I am also hopeful that the traditional playlist won't affect the population of the regular / exo-suit playlist, causing long waiting times because of a division in players.

But in the end, we won't know until the game is released and we've been playing it for a few months. I'm more optimistic because of the exo-suit abilities that AW will be more challenging.

nicedrewishfela

If done right.... It will be much harder to camp as there is a lot of verticality and multiple routes, thus more ways to get to a sitter than ever before.

If done wrong...  The sitters will have a field day as they stay in one vantage point picking off the Cracked Up bunny rabbits.

I think @lzjar11 was just saying that there are always campers. If there is a Way to camp, they will find it in this game. Will it still be effective? That is to be seen.

iHattoriHanzo0

From my experiences with Titanfall........... when I did run into a camper that chooses not to move and stay in a certain area and kill the players that boost and jump and wall run to them........... my battle cry, "WHY?" is much louder than in the typical game of CoD that we're used to.   Don't get me wrong........I fully understand why, but in a game that lots of pleasure comes from movement, it can baffle the mind at times.

Bleak5170

Seems like this will be a less campy COD as players will have to be mobile to succeed. Plus it will be easier to ferret out those who decide to try and camp anyway.

nicedrewishfela

I am hoping for good things.

But I've said it before and I will say it again. The true test for this game will be to see where we are at 4-6 months in.

Is it still fun? Is it still well populated? Are there still challenges to grind? Are we happy playing it or are we ramping up discussion of what the next title will be and how it might "Restore our faith in COD"?